12Next >
4062 63 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans37402f40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745236 ft
United States

Was landing my Mavic Pro (was about 35 feet up per logs) when all of a sudden it simply dropped.....from a security camera (that I sent in with repair request) I could tell the motors all stopped and the unit just fell and actually glanced off the hood of my vehicle.   I synced the logs with DJI as requested and sent the unit in after going through the online repair order process.....bascially hoping to find out why the unit simply stopped flying.   I had just extended the warranty a month before (thus had been flying the unit for 13 months without incident).   The extended coverage was $79 for replacement with fee and extended the original warranty another 12 months until 2020.   
DJI support responds that no assessment was done as to why the unit failed since the warranty had expired.   And proceeded to say I pay $200 to repair the until or go the $79 route of DJI Care Refresh coverage.    I was confused about that response and sent in a reply to "Belle" in support asking why the no warranty aspect and also ask why no assessment was done as to why the unit failed, especially sent I sent in a video showing the unit simply fall.    Seems since the unit was simply damaged they assumed I crashed it and didn't bother to look through the logs I had synced with their system (again, they told no assessment was done...geez).    Belle, in support, responded by ignoring all my questions about what was going on and simply repeated ... repair the unit or use DJI Care Refresh coverage.   

Are these people instructed to be brain dead.....no reference to my concerns were made at all.   They want me to rollover and simply accept what they want to do and ignoring all the data I submitted to find out what happen.   I really want to know why the unit simply dropped out of the sky.

Bottom line....pretty disappointed in DJI support right now.....what gives with these clowns....

Most recent email below

Thank you for your response.

Upon checking your case, CAS-2801890-N9H7G6, our invoice team has sent you the quotation. There are 2 options for you. You can choose to repair the unit or you can choose to use your DJI Care Refresh to replace it.

To proceed with the repair/replacement of the uni, please refer to the quotation that was sent to you.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Belle

DJI Technical Support

email data from DJI  - Your request(#2022306)has been updated, please reply the email below.

2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service on behalf of our support team, upon checking the email and the system, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh+ and the warranty period of your product has been extended, the data analysis can be applied during this period. Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-14 19:16
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service on behalf of our support team, upon checking the email and the system, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh+ and the warranty period of your product has been extended, the data analysis can be applied during this period. Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you very much......look forward to additional communication.......
2019-3-15
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

As an additional component that I did not previously mentioned.....the camera stopped recording on its own about 3-4 minutes before the unit lost total power.....do not know it there is or was any connection with the unit losing power.
2019-3-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you like post your flightlog on here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-3-15
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-14 19:16
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service on behalf of our support team, upon checking the email and the system, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh+ and the warranty period of your product has been extended, the data analysis can be applied during this period. Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

WHY IS THE SAME PERSON WHO PROVIDED THE POOR SUPPORT HANDLING THINGS STILL?
I'M ASK TO PROVIDE ALL THE SAME INFORMATION I ALREADY PROVIDED A WEEK AGO.....I WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE THE ISSUE.....GEEZ .....ITS A GOOD THING YOUR DRONES USUALLY FLY BETTER THAN YOUR SUPPORT STAFF....I'M A BIT FED UP WITH THIS WHOLE THING

Belle (DJI Support)

Mar 15, 23:30 CST

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your response.

We understand where you are coming from, please allow me to assist you further. Regarding the data analysis, we are more than willing to reconsider the data analysis for you to investigate the cause of the incident. Kindly export the whole Flight Record folder from your mobile device. To export this data, please check the steps below:

To Export Flight Record using iOS Device
1. Connect a mobile device to a PC.
2. Run iTunes.
3. Go to menu "Apps".
4. Choose App "DJI GO 4"
5. Select "FlightRecord" folder
6. Click "Save to" to export flight records to your PC.
7. Send the whole folder back for analysis.

To Export Flight Record using Android Device
1. Connect a mobile device to a PC.
2. Choose connection type as  "Transfer file".
3. The computer will show the mobile device internal storage disk.
4. Enter folder directory "..\InternalStorage\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecords"
5. Send the whole folder back for analysis.

Please provide us with the following information below:
- Date and time of the incident: 2019-03-08
- Description of how the incident happened and what you tried to control it:?

In any case that you received an error sending the file because it is too large. We suggest uploading the file to Google Drive or DropBox and provide the shareable link to us. Once we have the information, we will forward it to the respective department to conduct another data analysis for you.

Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a great day!
Best Regards,

Belle
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-15 07:40
WHY IS THE SAME PERSON WHO PROVIDED THE POOR SUPPORT HANDLING THINGS STILL?
I'M ASK TO PROVIDE ALL THE SAME INFORMATION I ALREADY PROVIDED A WEEK AGO.....I WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE THE ISSUE.....GEEZ .....ITS A GOOD THING YOUR DRONES USUALLY FLY BETTER THAN YOUR SUPPORT STAFF....I'M A BIT FED UP WITH THIS WHOLE THING

I am terribly sorry for the trouble, Sam. I will ask the proper team to check and double confirm.
2019-3-16
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 00:46
I am terribly sorry for the trouble, Sam. I will ask the proper team to check and double confirm.

I re-submitted all the original data yesterday 3-17-19.   logs videos and explanation...  Even got an email response on two videos showing the drone falling.

Chay (DJI Support)

Mar 18, 20:08 CST

Dear Sam,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate the time and effort you spent in reaching us. I'm happy to assist.

I went ahead and attached the video you sent for the case CAS-2844160-C7F3V9.

Should you have further concerns on this matter, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks for choosing DJI and have a great day!
Chay
DJI Technical Support Website: http://www.dji.com/support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Got the following email just now.....was away from phone....but was confused on the content of the email......geez.....responded back to call again.

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Mar 19, 02:38 CST

Hi Sam,

Good day! I hope you are doing fine.

I have tried to call you regarding your complaint but your phone can't get through. We wanted to talk to you about this in order for us to at least to know exactly what are your concerns and thoughts about this. We wish that we can hear from you soon for us to come up with a reasonable solution to settle things up. Please reply on the thread whenever you are available all you can give us the best phone number and time that we can reach you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and have a great day.

Best Regards,
Christelle
Manager, DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

I really don't know what's going on with this deal now......submitted a repair order....explained what happen....synced logs with DJI....provided a video....and now the above email.....geez....
2019-3-18
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-18 11:46
I re-submitted all the original data yesterday 3-17-19.   logs videos and explanation...  Even got an email response on two videos showing the drone falling.

Bottom line.....all I want is.........if possible an explanation on why the until lost power and fell 35 feet and if it won't be repaired by warranty....tell me why.   It's to a point now.....I almost ready to say, return it to me and I will fix it somewhere else.   Since it lost power and I don't know why  I no longer have any faith in the unit being reliable to fly.   Not a complicated issue.   
2019-3-18
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-18 11:55
Bottom line.....all I want is.........if possible an explanation on why the until lost power and fell 35 feet and if it won't be repaired by warranty....tell me why.   It's to a point now.....I almost ready to say, return it to me and I will fix it somewhere else.   Since it lost power and I don't know why  I no longer have any faith in the unit being reliable to fly.   Not a complicated issue.

Well.....sent a reply to call again (reference latest email)....have waited almost two hours and no return call.....now have to be away from the phone......this seems to be about as unprofessional support as it gets......I get the impression it's all smoke and mirrors to help and they simply want me to use the DJI Care Refresh coverage I have....geez
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-18 12:50
Well.....sent a reply to call again (reference latest email)....have waited almost two hours and no return call.....now have to be away from the phone......this seems to be about as unprofessional support as it gets......I get the impression it's all smoke and mirrors to help and they simply want me to use the DJI Care Refresh coverage I have....geez

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. The request has been forwarded to the team and we'll keep you updated on the latest progress.
2019-3-19
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-19 01:19
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. The request has been forwarded to the team and we'll keep you updated on the latest progress.

DJI support really needs to get its act together.....any resolution to my issue appears to be no where in sight, yet this morning I get this survey feedback request.....it's just a game it seems

Dear Sam,

We value our customers’ opinions and strive to continuously improve our service. We’d like to hear what you think about the service you just received and invite you to answer our Customer Survey.

Please access our survey through the following link:
https://survey.djicorp.com/questionnaire/paperinfo/20151119002?lan=en&ticketid=2027741&groupname=PH_NA&agent=MabelZhang

Thank you for your participation!
2019-3-19
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-19 05:17
DJI support really needs to get its act together.....any resolution to my issue appears to be no where in sight, yet this morning I get this survey feedback request.....it's just a game it seems

Dear Sam,

To:
DJI Support

Mar 19 at 1:28 PM

I appreciate the email....could someone tell me why the unit quit flying at 35 feet...plus the camera stopped recording a few minutes before it simply fell.  I really can't trust flying the unit again until I know why it fell.   If you people can't figure it out....well....the drone will be worthless to me....I won't fly it again...Thanks.

Dear Customer,

Your repair service of Mavic Pro will be covered under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to six business days.

Case Info.

Customer

Case No.

CAS-2801890-N9H7G6

Quotation Date

2019-Mar-19

Remark

Updated Invoice. Dear Customer After carrying out the damage assessment, we found that your product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy).
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The survey email was sent by the system automatically, you can ignore it if it bothers you. Upon checking the case, the accident was caused by non-pilot error and we will provide the warranty service, please don't worry, we will get it solved.
2019-3-20
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 00:34
The survey email was sent by the system automatically, you can ignore it if it bothers you. Upon checking the case, the accident was caused by non-pilot error and we will provide the warranty service, please don't worry, we will get it solved.

Thanks for the post.....from my point of view....I was landing the unit when it simply fell.....sure would like to know what caused the issue.   I realize I will probably be getting a different drone since DJI usually replaces a product sent in for repair with another it seems, but by chance I do get the same unit back, it sure would be helpful knowing why the unit fell....at this juncture that's all I'm requesting....and I appreciate DJI's followup to determine I still had warranty coverage after the initial assessment said I did not.   Once again, it would be helpful to know why the unit stopped flying on its own.   Thanks for all the assistance.
2019-3-20
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-20 05:46
Thanks for the post.....from my point of view....I was landing the unit when it simply fell.....sure would like to know what caused the issue.   I realize I will probably be getting a different drone since DJI usually replaces a product sent in for repair with another it seems, but by chance I do get the same unit back, it sure would be helpful knowing why the unit fell....at this juncture that's all I'm requesting....and I appreciate DJI's followup to determine I still had warranty coverage after the initial assessment said I did not.   Once again, it would be helpful to know why the unit stopped flying on its own.   Thanks for all the assistance.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting back with us.

The explanation from our Data Analysis is because the power of the Aircraft shut off in mid-air because the battery that was used in the aircraft is too old. We suggest using a different battery once the repaired or replaced aircraft received from the Facility.

As of now the status of the case is in Quality Assessed and will be shipped within two business days.

Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Christelle
Manager, DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Thanks for the reply.   

I have seven (7) batteries that I rotate through with my two Mavic Pro units.   The battery in use was one I labeled number 4 that was being used was not that old....6-8 months max without demanding use.....if the battery was the actual cause (which I still suspect something else caused the unit to stop flying) obviously a defective battery and not from just being "old".

Have not used that battery again with my other Mavic Pro.   I have discharged the battery and re-charged it several times and it seems to be working like it should....but have no plans to use it again other than a portable battery charger device.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-21 04:43
Hi Sam,

Thanks for getting back with us.

According to the data analysis, we do not recommend to use that battery anymore. The drone has been shipped out, please test its performance when you receive it and let us if there is any further issue.
2019-3-21
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 20:21
According to the data analysis, we do not recommend to use that battery anymore. The drone has been shipped out, please test its performance when you receive it and let us if there is any further issue.

Yes....my comment above alluded to that.

A quick question.....since I now have another Mavic Pro with a different serial number, how do i go about transferring my DJI Care Refresh coverage I purchased for the unit that was just cover under the extended warranty to the unit I now have?   Thanks.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-22 20:20
Yes....my comment above alluded to that.

A quick question.....since I now have another Mavic Pro with a different serial number, how do i go about transferring my DJI Care Refresh coverage I purchased for the unit that was just cover under the extended warranty to the unit I now have?   Thanks.

The DJI Care Refresh+ has been transferred to the replacement, please check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2019-3-22
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-22 23:09
The DJI Care Refresh +has been transferred to the replacement, please check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage

Thanks......and thanks again for all your assistance.....it has been much appreciated.....
2019-3-23
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

Just a post of battery that was being used when unit stopped flying.....battery had a total of 28 charge cycles per app when mavic pro quit flying while landing.   Production date was May 2017, but obtained battery last summer from DJI.....not sure what constituents "old" by DJI.....production date or number of charge cycles.....
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-23 05:29
Thanks......and thanks again for all your assistance.....it has been much appreciated.....

You are very welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concern.
2019-3-24
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-24 23:27
You are very welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concern.

Just curious, what is DJI's policy regarding batteries under the DJI Care Refresh coverage?    My research online seems to show a lot of conflicting data regarding batteries.     Thanks.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-26 07:03
Just curious, what is DJI's policy regarding batteries under the DJI Care Refresh coverage?    My research online seems to show a lot of conflicting data regarding batteries.     Thanks.

Hi there, for the Mavic series, the DJI Care Refresh covers the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#terms
coverage.png
2019-3-26
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-26 22:56
Hi there, for the Mavic series, the DJI Care Refresh covers the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#terms

Thanks....
A question from a post above....   

Just a post of battery that was being used when unit stopped flying.....battery had a total of 28 charge cycles per app when Mavic pro quit flying while landing.   Production date was May 2017, but obtained battery last summer from DJI.....as to the battery causing the unit to fall, not sure what constituents "old" by DJI.....production date or number of charge cycles.....
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-27 07:35
Thanks....
A question from a post above....   

Per the data analysis, it is a warranty case, that is, the battery issue, we didn't have more specific info of which constituent is old, but this battery is not working great and we do not recommend to keep using it, thanks for your understanding.
2019-3-28
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 23:54
Per the data analysis, it is a warranty case, that is, the battery issue, we didn't have more specific info of which constituent is old, but this battery is not working great and we do not recommend to keep using it, thanks for your understanding.

I guess that's why DJI only has a 6 month warranty on its batteries, which is not much......I wish DJI would have just said they did not know why the unit failed.....I don't think the battery was the issue with only 28 charge cycles....but still won't use it.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 3-29 07:25
I guess that's why DJI only has a 6 month warranty on its batteries, which is not much......I wish DJI would have just said they did not know why the unit failed.....I don't think the battery was the issue with only 28 charge cycles....but still won't use it.

Appreciate your understanding, if there is any further problem, please keep us updated without hesitation, have a safe flight.
2019-3-30
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 00:30
Appreciate your understanding, if there is any further problem, please keep us updated without hesitation, have a safe flight.

Just a quick question as to a flight controller message not found in user manual.   Was flying the replacement Mavic Pro today (the one referenced in the above posts) and it lost connection (and never re-connected - was only about 1500 feet away) and was expecting the unit to return to home (flying GPS mode), but it never did.    Based on the flight path information using an Ipad with my flight controller, went to the area to locate the drone, but no luck.    As I was about to leave the area....my flight controller flashed a message saying "TO SHUTDOWN".    The flight controller unit still had over 50% power, so I assumed it might be the drone telling the unit it was shutting down .... would that be a correct assumption.   Hoping that would tell me the Mavic Pro drone was in the area I was looking.   I drove the area hoping the connection would be re-established, but no luck.   Plus I have no clue why the unit did not return to home when the connection was lost.   The unit has an extended warranty, but not having the drone is just tough luck I guess.
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 5-31 16:51
Just a quick question as to a flight controller message not found in user manual.   Was flying the replacement Mavic Pro today (the one referenced in the above posts) and it lost connection (and never re-connected - was only about 1500 feet away) and was expecting the unit to return to home (flying GPS mode), but it never did.    Based on the flight path information using an Ipad with my flight controller, went to the area to locate the drone, but no luck.    As I was about to leave the area....my flight controller flashed a message saying "TO SHUTDOWN".    The flight controller unit still had over 50% power, so I assumed it might be the drone telling the unit it was shutting down .... would that be a correct assumption.   Hoping that would tell me the Mavic Pro drone was in the area I was looking.   I drove the area hoping the connection would be re-established, but no luck.   Plus I have no clue why the unit did not return to home when the connection was lost.   The unit has an extended warranty, but not having the drone is just tough luck I guess.

We are so sorry for your loss, since the warranty has been extended, please contact our support team to start a ticket for the data analysis, our analysis team will help figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2019-5-31
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 20:26
We are so sorry for your loss, since the warranty has been extended, please contact our support team to start a ticket for the data analysis, our analysis team will help figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.

When I go through the process.....the online procedure wants me to send in the unit I don't have.....and it has not requested that I send in any data from the remote flight data program.....and it doesn't give me an option to fully explain this situation.....my guess is the repair request will be ignored or rejected without sending in the unit.    Help please....
2019-6-1
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-1 06:25
When I go through the process.....the online procedure wants me to send in the unit I don't have.....and it has not requested that I send in any data from the remote flight data program.....and it doesn't give me an option to fully explain this situation.....my guess is the repair request will be ignored or rejected without sending in the unit.    Help please....

I went ahead and submitted my flight records for the unit.....for the period in question
2019-6-1
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

2019-6-1
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

Case number assigned .... CAS-3105993-R6X7W5 --- how do I remove the attached pic showing case number?
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-1 06:58
Case number assigned .... CAS-3105993-R6X7W5 --- how do I remove the attached pic showing case number?

Just to verify, the drone cannot be found, right? If yes, I'm afraid that repair case may not work in this kind of situation. Please kindly write to support.us@dji.com and explain the current status, the team will help you create a case and arrange data analysis, thanks!
2019-6-2
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-2 01:56
Just to verify, the drone cannot be found, right? If yes, I'm afraid that repair case may not work in this kind of situation. Please kindly write to  and explain the current status, the team will help you create a case and arrange data analysis, thanks!

Not having the drone is pretty much the whole issue at this point.   I've spent hours and hours combining the neighborhood area of the last known position.  Talking with people there, putting flyers on the doors of 20 houses in the area to check there backyard and surrounding area.   I'm afraid the thing probably just landed in a tree and may take time, if ever, to fall to the ground.  It sure would be nice if DJI would put some kind of separately powered tracking device on the thing...after this I'm certainly look into it since when the unit lost contact with the remote controller I have no clue what it was doing and can only assume it stayed in position and simply landed straight below...but who knows if that happen.   I only lost visual contact for a bit and couldn't relocate after looking at the controller when it permanently lost its connection.   I will contract  support via the email link and see what gives....
2019-6-2
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

2019-6-2
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

Submitted this in email to DJI support address you provided... as follows:

Included in the attached PDF file is dialogue information with a DJI administrator (Mindy) that recommended I contact this email address to set up a case for data analysis.   

Long story short from the PDF file information is that I'm still trying to locate my drone that lost connection and never re-connected despite all efforts to re-establish (physicality going to the last known location area for an hour after lost contact, hoping it would re-connect).   

The unit was in GPS mode and a home point was set....and it never returned to the home point.   Driving the area of last known position trying to connect it with the remote controller was futile.....the only indicator that the drone might have still been in the area was a message on the remote that looked like "TO SHUTDOWN",  but I can't find out anything if the really means something....was hoping it was the drone trying to contain the controller before battery failure.

I know not having the drone puts me in a why bother situation but I am still hoping it can be located since I have done extensive work in getting the word out about it being lost at its last know position.  Included below is a cut and paste of the exchange with DJI Mindy and includes what transpired with the drone.

I would appreciate DJI's effort to see if they can give me a viable explanation as to why the unit lost connection and never re-established.  I have lost connections many times before, but never had one that never re-connected like this.   

Plus why did the unit NOT return to its Home Point since that's suppose to be a fail safe of last resort.   That in itself makes no sense unless the unit suffered total power failure....unit had been flying only about 4 minutes on a fully charged battery so that doesn't seem to have happen, but who knows.

And my guess is this unit was a refurbished unit that replaced a new drone I bought that simply fell out of the sky for no reason in March 2019.....so not much luck going on here.

Thanks
2019-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-2 07:49
Submitted this in email to DJI support address you provided... as follows:

Included in the attached PDF file is dialogue information with a DJI administrator (Mindy) that recommended I contact this email address to set up a case for data analysis.   

No worries, we have informed the team to take care of your email and reply as soon as possible, please note the email response later in case more info is needed.
2019-6-2
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-2 19:50
No worries, we have informed the team to take care of your email and reply as soon as possible, please note the email response later in case more info is needed.

Tried to send this email below to Abbey with DJI support and my yahoo mail would not deliver it....maybe too much content....also sent in video cache filed reduced for emailing...not sure if that got delivered either.....if u could pass all this along it would be appreciated....nothing seems to want to go right with this deal....thanks again

To:
Abbey (DJI Support)

Jun 3 at 10:38 PM

Hopefully my email sufficiently addresses what you need for an evaluation of what happen....as requested below.

We have checked our record and found your case ID CAS-3105993-R6X7W5. One of Data Analyst have sent you an email asking for the flight records. Please let us know if you have successfully synced the flight records to your DJI Account.

Kindly provide the following:
​1. Date and time of the incident:
2. Email address associated with your DJI Account you used for your last flight:
3. Description of how the incident happened and what you tried to control it:​

If you fail to sync your flight records to the cloud, please send us the flight record's txt files on your mobile device. Please also export the cached video to us if you were recording a video when the incident happened.

1. Incident occurred on May 31, 2019 around 3:30pm central time USA
2. Email address used was samaustintx@yahoo.com for the flight and was sync to you for 6 months worth of data this evening (it was submitted before, not sure why your servers can't access).
3. Mavic Pro was used for a routine flight on checking a new part of the neighborhood.  About 5 minutes into the flight and about 1500 feet away, the Mavic Pro lost connection the controller....that has happen many times before, but always re-connected for me by moving controller to a different location or adjusting the controllers antennas.   Not this time.  Expecting the unit to subsequently reconnect and tell me it was returning to home since a home point had been set, that didn't happen, I started to panic and wonder what was going on.  The weather was clear...winds were low and nothing was in the area to bother it.  I had visual of it until I turned away and started adjusting the antennas and couldn't locate again once I looked up again.   Then decided to get in a vehicle and go to the location that was last shown on the controller map.....hoping the unit would reconnect....spent about 30 minutes in the area and got no hint of a connection   Spoke with several people who were outside in the area and no one heard the unit.  But it had the quiet props and wasn't that loud in the first place.  I was about to leave the area and a message came up on the remote controller that looked like "TO SHUTDOWN".  Did not know what that meant and still don't...at the time thought maybe the Mavic Pro was communicating with controller somehow with finally losing battery power after landing somewhere...but that message went away in about 15 seconds or so.  And I have no clue why the unit did not return to the home point since I was in GPS mode and a home point had been set at take-off.   Since I was only about 5 minutes into the flight with a fully charged battery, no clue why things just went quiet.  I even went to the last three home points it had thinking it might have gone there and found nothing.  Since that time I put flyers on a dozen or so houses in the last known point and on the street with no luck.   Today I flew one of my Phantom 3's over the houses to see if it had landed on a roof in the area, but no luck.  The area has trees...so it may have landed up in a tree and may take time, if ever, to fall out.  And it could have just flown off somewhere, but have no reason to think that since the Mavic Pro has been pretty reliable and consistent up until this incident.  It's been the best drone I've flown.  Will be putting a tracking device on it from now on. Surprisingly, most all I spoke with made an effort to find it in their yards.  Looking for it will continue.  

I downloaded the video cache of the 4 minutes of video I had with it.....the video looks normal and simply just stops....with no jerky movement or anything.  Will send it in separate email since the file is rather large and a dropbox probably will be needed to send it.   

Please advise if more info is needed...  Thanks.  Sam
2019-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules