4068 63 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans37402f40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745236 ft
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-4 05:35
Tried to send this email below to Abbey with DJI support and my yahoo mail would not deliver it....maybe too much content....also sent in video cache filed reduced for emailing...not sure if that got delivered either.....if u could pass all this along it would be appreciated....nothing seems to want to go right with this deal....thanks again

To:

Does DJI endorse or have any kind of tracking device that can attached to a Mavic Pro (or any drone for that matter)?    At this point I'm pretty hesitant to fly without one now....once you get burned, like most things, it get's your attention.   I guess I've been lucky the last few years...flying six different drones and just now losing one.
2019-6-6
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-6 05:25
Does DJI endorse or have any kind of tracking device that can attached to a Mavic Pro (or any drone for that matter)?    At this point I'm pretty hesitant to fly without one now....once you get burned, like most things, it get's your attention.   I guess I've been lucky the last few years...flying six different drones and just now losing one.

Resolution for my disconnected or fly away drone was as expected when you don't have the product.   Data analysis below obviously didn't tell me anything I already knew.....flying the unit as normal and it simply disconnected without any kind of indication there was a problem.  Cache video taken just stops with no hint of malfunction and was under full control in ideal conditions.

DJI Response:
For your case CAS-3105993-R6X7W5, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and responded to the pilot's command well;
2. Flight Time T=04:17 s, Relative Height H=37.2 m, Distance to Home Point D=381.3 m, the aircraft was hovering and then the record ended;
3. The Home point: 30.4626819 -97.6865133, the last point: 30.4609874 -97.6830552.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount for Mavic Pro without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer
2019-6-6
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-6 05:31
Resolution for my disconnected or fly away drone was as expected when you don't have the product.   Data analysis below obviously didn't tell me anything I already knew.....flying the unit as normal and it simply disconnected without any kind of indication there was a problem.  Cache video taken just stops with no hint of malfunction and was under full control in ideal conditions.

DJI Response:

Currently waiting for DJI support to answer these questions before deciding to accept there offer for getting another Mavic Pro.....

- Could u please let me know the Mavic Pro unit only price that the 30% applies?  
- Would this purchase be for a NEW Mavic Pro unit only or refurbished?
- Does my "refresh" coverage from my lost drone transfer to the replacement purchase?

The 30% off for a new Mavic Pro seems pretty decent.....would be nice if my current "refresh" replacement coverage just doesn't go away like my disappearing Mavic Pro.
2019-6-6
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-6 08:31
Currently waiting for DJI support to answer these questions before deciding to accept there offer for getting another Mavic Pro.....

- Could u please let me know the Mavic Pro unit only price that the 30% applies?  

Was wondering if DJI had the capability to note if my lost drone was found by someone and kept and subsequently submitted it for repair that it would be red flagged as a stolen item?
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-7 14:59
Was wondering if DJI had the capability to note if my lost drone was found by someone and kept and subsequently submitted it for repair that it would be red flagged as a stolen item?

I am terribly sorry for the late reply. Sorry that we don't have a tracker to mount on the drone. The drone you receive will be new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, for the DJI Care Refresh, it can be transfered to the replacement, no worries. Regarding the drone's price, the proper team will reply you accordingly.
For the last requestion, it needs to be handled case by case. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-6-7
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-7 19:36
I am terribly sorry for the late reply. Sorry that we don't have a tracker to mount on the drone. The drone you receive will be new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, for the DJI Care Refresh, it can be transfered to the replacement, no worries. Regarding the drone's price, the proper team will reply you accordingly.
For the last requestion, it needs to be handled case by case. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the info
2019-6-7
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI support can be confusing......have sent numerous replies and all of sudden  I get the following email from DJI saying they haven't heard from me on request 2160789.....odd...thing is I have been waiting on them the last day or so to respond.

DJI email follows:
In regards to your request 2160789, we haven't received any replies from you for 2 days.

If your request has been resolved, please ignore this email.
If not, please reply to this email directly so that we can provide you with further assistance.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI
2019-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-8 13:26
DJI support can be confusing......have sent numerous replies and all of sudden  I get the following email from DJI saying they haven't heard from me on request 2160789.....odd...thing is I have been waiting on them the last day or so to respond.

DJI email follows:

The email was responded to the failed email that you sent, you can ignore that email as the case now is following by the analysis notification team. They will handle it accordingly regarding this flyaway case.
2019-6-8
Use props
fans37402f40
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-8 19:01
The email was responded to the failed email that you sent, you can ignore that email as the case now is following by the analysis notification team. They will handle it accordingly regarding this flyaway case.

I understand.....things have been somewhat confusing since I have had two mavic pro's submitted for analysis and repair this past week or so.   One I had the gimbal malfunction in Scotland and missed out on some great video opportunities and as soon as I got home and immediately flew my other mavic pro....it did the disconnect to be never heard from again as yet.   Not sure what the odds are two consecutive flight attempts and end up repairing one and losing another.
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37402f40 Posted at 6-9 05:38
I understand.....things have been somewhat confusing since I have had two mavic pro's submitted for analysis and repair this past week or so.   One I had the gimbal malfunction in Scotland and missed out on some great video opportunities and as soon as I got home and immediately flew my other mavic pro....it did the disconnect to be never heard from again as yet.   Not sure what the odds are two consecutive flight attempts and end up repairing one and losing another.

We apologize for your experience, but the gimbal issue and the flyaway should not be related, I see these two cases all have been solved and the drone has been shipped out, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2019-6-13
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 00:34
We apologize for your experience, but the gimbal issue and the flyaway should not be related, I see these two cases all have been solved and the drone has been shipped out, please let us know if you have any further concern.

I know they were not related....just bad luck and timing....just odd it happen back to back.   The flyaway issue replacement purchase drone is expected to be delivered on Monday...6-17-19.   The gimbal issue replacement drone has been flying like it's suppose to.

Thanks for all your help.....you have made a difference in getting all this addressed and dealt with.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samaustin24 Posted at 6-13 05:36
I know they were not related....just bad luck and timing....just odd it happen back to back.   The flyaway issue replacement purchase drone is expected to be delivered on Monday...6-17-19.   The gimbal issue replacement drone has been flying like it's suppose to.

Thanks for all your help.....you have made a difference in getting all this addressed and dealt with.

You are very welcome, hope no more issues, have a safe flight.
2019-6-13
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 20:09
You are very welcome, hope no more issues, have a safe flight.

New Issue.....  Recently purchased Mavic Air....has flown fine....up until this morning....battery was starting to get low 35% and I lost forward and back control on the unit.   As landing it gave me an inconsistent firmware message.   While still out flying...loaded a fresh battery and it flew fine....no error messages...but once again down toward the low end of the battery....it seemed to start having issues again with forward and back control.   Landed unit fine.    Did a firmware check and it told me all firmware updates were current.     Any ideas why the unit is starting to having the forward and back control issues?
2019-8-7
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

samaustin24 Posted at 8-7 07:01
New Issue.....  Recently purchased Mavic Air....has flown fine....up until this morning....battery was starting to get low 35% and I lost forward and back control on the unit.   As landing it gave me an inconsistent firmware message.   While still out flying...loaded a fresh battery and it flew fine....no error messages...but once again down toward the low end of the battery....it seemed to start having issues again with forward and back control.   Landed unit fine.    Did a firmware check and it told me all firmware updates were current.     Any ideas why the unit is starting to having the forward and back control issues?

Re-calibrated the controller.....and refreshed firmware.....seemed to help....for some reason have a sneaky feeling it might be the controller that may have contributed to the issue.....will see how she flies for a while....
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samaustin24 Posted at 8-7 12:02
Re-calibrated the controller.....and refreshed firmware.....seemed to help....for some reason have a sneaky feeling it might be the controller that may have contributed to the issue.....will see how she flies for a while....

Hi samaustin24, sorry for the late response, when you updated the firmware, please make sure all the batteries were updated as well. Please do more tests and let us know if the issue persists.
2019-8-8
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-8-8 23:18
Hi amaustin24, sorry for the late response, when you updated the firmware, please make sure all the batteries were updated as well. Please do more tests and let us know if the issue persists.

I have a new issue.....purchased from DJI another mavic pro June 2019 via a replacement repair inquiry on a Mavic Covered by refresh that flew-away and was never recovered.   Today I go online to DJI to check my refresh expiration warranty status on the purchased drone that I was told was covered by the remaining refresh coverage period of the flyaway that was covered (now toward the end of year 2 of warranty on original purchase) and online tells me the SN is invalid (Serial Number: 08Q2F930012792).   Puzzled by that reply.   Please help... thanks.    Plus does DJI offered any additional refresh coverage after two years....I hate flying without coverage....its not a matter of something might happen....my experience shows its just a matter of when it gonna fail.   Thanks again.

2020-1-9
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

2020-1-9
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

2020-1-9
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

Just realized something.......I have not flown the unit since receiving it last month.....hence it has not been activated....will do so tomorrow.   Care Refresh should be transferred than.... thanks
2020-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samaustin24 Posted at 1-9 17:36
Just realized something.......I have not flown the unit since receiving it last month.....hence it has not been activated....will do so tomorrow.   Care Refresh should be transferred than.... thanks

Hi samaustin24, upon checking your serial number, the DJI Care Refresh+ is still bound to the previous drone and it will be expired on 2020/01/19.
If there is any misunderstanding, it is recommended to send email to djicare@dji.com for further assistance.
2020-1-10
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

Another question.....Does DJI offer any additional warranty coverage that can be purchased after the above coverage expires?  thanks.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samaustin24 Posted at 1-10 06:55
Another question.....Does DJI offer any additional warranty coverage that can be purchased after the above coverage expires?  thanks.

Hi there, at the moment, we have DJI Care Refresh+ available in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, North America (U.S. and Canada) and Australia. It is a service plan that offers you the chance to renew your Care Refresh by extending its coverage for one more year as well as providing one more opportunity to replace your DJI product within 12 months. Furthermore, the warranty period of your product will be extended by at least 12 months. And a free repair service will be provided if your product has a manufacturing defect.
Please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh-plus/info#terms
2020-1-11
Use props
samaustin24
lvl.2
United States

Thanks..... more specifically I was wondering if the plan can be extended to a third year.....I've already extended care refresh twice.  Thanks....
2020-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

samaustin24 Posted at 1-11 07:48
Thanks..... more specifically I was wondering if the plan can be extended to a third year.....I've already extended care refresh twice.  Thanks....

DJI Care Refresh+ is actually the extended service of DJI Care Refresh, it cannot be extended anymore. Currently, each product is eligible only once for DJI Care Refresh +. Please note our website's update if there is any other service in the future.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules