Osmo Pocket, software or hardware bug? DJI please respond!
1428 8 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

So in my quest to find out if I had a charging problem with my osmo pocket, I have discovered a potential bug (or maybe it is normal behaviour) that is not mentioned anywhere in the manual. After seeing that someone else had this problem and fixed it with what I observed, I have decided to make a post so DJI can respond about it being normal behaviour or something bad with the software or hardware. More details can be found in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid1795181 , but I will paste the description of what I found here: "
Guys, so I think I discovered something. I bought a 5v 2A samsung original charger and no problems with the cable when charging ... but ... I think it was not the cable or the charger in the first place. I charged it again last night with the original cable and the 5v 2A charger (wich worked previously) and it overheated again but there is one common thing that I did when my osmo pocket overheated in the past, with all those cable and chargers combinations, and it didn't want to charge past 76% (and overheated): I left the iphone adaptor in storage position on the Osmo Pocket. When I removed the adaptor and charged it again with the same cable and charger it didn't overheat (and reached 100%). Are we suppose to not charge it with the adaptor connected to the Osmo Pocket? I haven't read in the manual anything about this. Is this a bug? I recently became aware that the battery case for the Osmo Pocket charges it with that port so I guess it creates some sort of incompatibility or something. Don't know if you let the connector in the normal position (port facing the phone) overheats it also and don't want to try. Can someone from DJI chime in on this?
"I will mention that this is a new batch of osmo pocket (the one with the new box).

2019-3-15
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There has been mention of the Pocket charging connected phones. This could be part of the issue.
2019-3-15
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

Curt1591 Posted at 3-15 00:54
There has been mention of the Pocket charging connected phones. This could be part of the issue.

I think DJI mentioned in their FAQ that this is an Android thing. But it is further proof that port has a connection with the charging module. The thing I am worried about is when I will use the osmo connected to the phone and charging from a power bank at the same time. I have not tested it with the port facing the phone to see if it behaves the same but I don't want to test it further. I already lost some full charge/discharge cycles because of testing. I just want to know if this is software bug or a hardware bug (or maybe it is normal behaviour) because I am still in the 30 day return period.
2019-3-15
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

Come one DJI! Give an answer to this matter!
2019-3-20
Use props
djiuser_3PbFsVin0SFQ
lvl.2

United States

Was the phone connecter on storage position or connecting position when it is overheating?
2019-3-20
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

djiuser_3PbFsVin0SFQ Posted at 3-20 06:48
Was the phone connecter on storage position or connecting position when it is overheating?

The connector was on storage position.
2019-3-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I do not have this problem with the Android connector in the storage position or the connect position. The Pocket does get warm during charging but not hot, and it will charge fully but prefer to stop around 90%.
2019-3-20
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-20 07:05
I do not have this problem with the Android connector in the storage position or the connect position. The Pocket does get warm during charging but not hot, and it will charge fully but prefer to stop around 90%.

Somebody else in this forum managed to fix it's charging problem by removing the adaptor so it's reproducible. Hope DJI will give an answer if it's software or hardware related. Cause otherwise the Osmo Pocket performs as it should.
2019-3-20
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Romania

I had a filming gig yesterday that it required me to use the osmo pocket connected to the phone and charging at the same time with an external battery. No overheating problems and it charged to 100% while filming. I even used another usb-c cable (the one provided from the samsung fast charger).
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules