Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket mic adaptor not working
5065 13 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's a YouTube video showing a serious fault with the Pocket's mic adaptor. Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-3-15
Use props
UweE
Captain
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

as a matter of fact , the in-built audio is not that bad!
2019-3-15
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 3-15 03:42
as a matter of fact , the in-built audio is not that bad!

Hi.

Yes the inbuilt audio is fine for a lot of stuff and can be assisted with filters and some audio post https://forum.dji.com/thread-183240-1-3.html

I'm just interested to see if the adaptor issue in this video is an isolated one.

Cheers
Dave.
2019-3-15
Use props
Mic_ADAPTORcrap
New

Canada

no its doesnt work. I bought mine and it doesnt work . very very low volume. in built is louder
2019-7-28
Use props
fansb9727fed
New

United States

Did dji ever resolve this issue you were having with the audio adapter?  I to had this issue.  Actually i was doing an audio test in the field today.  5 test total.  first two were with internal mic. Obviously went fine.  3rd test was with external mic and it went fine.  4 and 5th test no audio.  4th test was with same external mic but no audio recorded.  5th also no audio recorded.  There seems to be a bug with this adapter.  I was curious if dji ever resolved this for you?
2019-8-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Hi Dave. I saw this video when it came out in March.
No, I haven't had any of these problems. Then again, the total amount of time I've used the adapter can't be more than five to six hours worth of video.
As far as I'm aware with my research so far, the DJI audio adaptor uses a Texas Instruments Burr-Brown Audio PCM1860 or PCM1861 ADC if it is hardware controlled or the PCM1662/63/64/or 65 which should be programmable. I would think it is one of the former ones as it has a three-stage gain level control but I could be wrong as the spec sheet is very long and very detailed to the point of almost being incomprehensible.
It certainly seems to have the specs necessary to behave the way we have seen it work in operation.
If you type in the above information into a search engine you may find the tech spec sheet online. Maybe you can make more sense of it.
There is a lot of information in the middle of the document which is of concern to me as it relates with a few faults I've found with my own adapter that is not covered here or elsewhere so far to my knowledge.
I will post about that when I have time to put a video together.
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_ZeDvzz950NsM
New

United States

Does anyone here know whether this adaptor requires a TRS or TRRS adaptor, or will work with either?

I couldn't find this info online, and I want to be sure the 2nd lav I buy works (first one has connector for GoPro hero-- my bad

Thank you!
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_ZeDvzz950NsM
New

United States

djiuser_ZeDvzz950NsM Posted at 8-8 16:14
Does anyone here know whether this adaptor requires a TRS or TRRS adaptor, or will work with either?

I couldn't find this info online, and I want to be sure the 2nd lav I buy works (first one has connector for GoPro hero-- my bad

Also, does mic need to be powered? Thanks again
2019-8-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ZeDvzz950NsM Posted at 8-8 16:16
Also, does mic need to be powered? Thanks again

The adapter requires TRS and yes it will supply plug in power.
2019-8-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 8-8 18:14
The adapter requires TRS and yes it will supply plug in power.

No, it won't.
I think you mean the adapter gets its power from the USB-C port. The adapter powers nothing.

[Edit] Sorry, brain in my boots today. Of course, it has to pass a small voltage for any condenser mic to polarize the mics plates. Sorry.

The reason some condenser mics may not be working with the DJI adapter is the voltage passed through may not be high enough.

2019-8-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Or in some cases the mics have a none standard  wiring on their TRS plug.
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

There should be a firmware update release soon.
2019-8-9
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2019-8-11
Use props
djiuser_LJ0khpTdZ5Pm
New
Germany

I bought the original adapter from DJI but the microphone icon does not appear on the screen. No matter which microphone I plug in. No sound is recorded. I have bought two new Osmo Action. Same result with both. Any idea?
2021-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules