ALL UK drone flyers MUST respond to this Gov Inquiry
696 11 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

As per title here is slink to Ikopta's just released vlog.

https://youtu.be/HHqV7gkLBOo

2019-3-15
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Will get onto this ASAP. Still amazes me that from the 2 incidents at Heathrow and Gatwick that there is still no evidence to prove that drones were involved in anyway. Yet due to these incidents we have knee jerk reactions from Parliament who now want to impose draconic laws. I think all drones pilots in the UK should be responding to this to stop the ruination of our hobby.
2019-3-15
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Totally agree, we owe it to ourselves to partake in this.

Whilst I think the UK currently still has sensible drone laws compared to some others, this could change very quickly indeed.

Let's try and do our thing to prevent this. A few mins is all it takes.

Thanks to Ikopta for flagging this up.

2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day *DM*. Thank you for sharing this video link. This video is very informative to all our DJI Drone owners in UK. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-3-15
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 11:20
Hello and good day *DM*. Thank you for sharing this video link. This video is very informative to all our DJI Drone owners in UK. Great find and thank you for your support.

will DJI themselves be submitting a response ?  i think you should and it would be interesting to see what yours will be
2019-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We already have a 5KM law around airports now plus max altitude of 400' AGL written into the air navigation order. Drone registration and the need to pass an on line test are already confirmed to being implemented on 30 November 2019... So what is the actual purpose of this latest inquiry? What else do they intend to restrict, control and enforce?

I hate to say it but I can see this being the start of the end of recreational drone flights in UK airspace unless some serious action is taken by DJI &/or major drone membership organisations - new laws being introduced in Canada this year, US FAA have made it a legal requirement to place printed reg numbers on the outside of drones and as for Europe... I must admit that I think 2019 may be my last year flying these amazing crafts.

Every time I see the news a drone is on there for one reason or another. I guess they simply became too popular over the past few years and too many morons hitched a ride to ruin it for the rest of us. I am not completing this form and giving my personal details to God knows who - wouldn't surprise me if the government used these details to place drone pilots on their own register like sexual offenders and if there is a drone incident in your local area you would automatically be a suspect. I'm going to continue flying over the Spring/Summer then seriously consider my options in this game before registering anything. It's becoming insane and very, VERY annoying!
2019-3-15
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well, you have a chance to have your say.

Do it or don't but I would advise to take the offer and contribute in a constructive way to the enquiry rather than being totally defeatist and negative. - Perhaps it is better to find another hobby for you as you suggested?

Whilst I share your sentiments to some extent, doing nothing will certainly not change anything, probably even less so than taking part in the survey ... .

Here is the link to the enquiry in case anyone has trouble finding it;

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/science-and-technology-committee/inquiries/parliament-2017/commercial-recreational-drone-uk-17-19/

2019-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 3-16 00:02
Well, you have a chance to have your say.

Do it or don't but I would advise to take the offer and contribute in a constructive way to the enquiry rather than being totally defeatist and negative. - Perhaps it is better to find another hobby for you as you suggested?

I completed the last survey and it made no difference. Complete your form but I can assure you that the government has already made it's plans and I don't think a few hobbyist comments will make the slightest difference. And I consider my thoughts to be more pragmatic and realisitic than 'defeatist and negative'. And I will be the judge about what hobby I wish to take part in - given that I obviously know far more about this one than you pal...
2019-3-16
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 3-16 00:15
I completed the last survey and it made no difference. Complete your form but I can assure you that the government has already made it's plans and I don't think a few hobbyist comments will make the slightest difference. And I consider my thoughts to be more pragmatic and realisitic than 'defeatist and negative'. And I will be the judge about what hobby I wish to take part in - given that I obviously know far more about this one than you pal...

Charming ....
2019-3-16
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Filled some of these things about before, sadly I think it makes little to difference.
2019-3-16
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 3-16 00:38
Filled some of these things about before, sadly I think it makes little to difference.

It may or may not but one thing is guaranteed ... by not giving your opinion you won't make any difference.

2019-3-16
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 3-16 00:41
It may or may not but one thing is guaranteed ... by not giving your opinion you won't make any difference.

17.4 million people voted to leave the EU, they aren’t listening to them! Lol.
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules