Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New spark buyer advice please.
1499 20 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PMPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243675 ft

United Kingdom

Hi I am just about to buy a spark and would very much appreciate some advice:

• On amazon uk I have the option of buying a DJI spark now or preordering  a DJI spark CP.PT.000746-1 model which will be available on 4th may - is the difference beween this and the currently available models significant?
  • Is there any advantage in buying direct from the DJI store instead of amazon?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere I have looked on this forum but could not find it.

Thanks

Paul

(newb to dji, been flying brushed toy quads for a while)
(My avatar is Panshanger Park which for those of you who don't know it is a nice place to fly north of London and as far as I can see totally legal).

Amazon spark screenshot

Amazon spark screenshot
2019-3-15
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

All Sparks are the same as far as I know.  There are currently no upgraded versions and there are no plans for one.  You might consider getting the "fly more" combo if your budget will allow (bigger charger, more batteries, prop guards, extra props, etc.).
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PMPS. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. We highly recommend to purchase a DJI product through our official online and retail stores to be able to get the best deals and to be able to get genuine DJI merchandise and it's warranties. For additional information, you can refer to the link below for genuine DJI Products as well. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-3-15
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Yes, definitely get the Fly More which you have pictured.  You only get the one battery but the RC and larger charger are definitely a MUST and the carry case is great to use traveling or in a backpack.
2019-3-15
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the Spark has only one version. And I know the fly more combo comes with 2 extra batteries and RC which is great to have. Also, if you are a student or a faculty or know one, you can get 10% discount directly from DJI. I know this works in the US and I assume it will work as well in UK , but it’s better to check
2019-3-15
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Rustic17 Posted at 3-15 15:21
Yes, definitely get the Fly More which you have pictured.  You only get the one battery but the RC and larger charger are definitely a MUST and the carry case is great to use traveling or in a backpack.

What is pictured is Spark and RC not the fly more package (just to set the record straight).
2019-3-15
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Yes...thanks for the correction, MccloudSpark.   Get what MccloudSpark said...the full Fly More Combo.
2019-3-15
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the new bundle has an updated controller that connects your phone to the controller via a cable rather than WiFi. That looks to be a good price, but you will want more than the one battery for sure.
2019-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good deal though definitely get the fly more combo and more batteries on top of that
2019-3-16
Use props
darkfull1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 15:11
Hello and good day PMPS. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. We highly recommend to purchase a DJI product through our official online and retail stores to be able to get the best deals and to be able to get genuine DJI merchandise and it's warranties. For additional information, you can refer to the link below for genuine DJI Products as well. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

No buying directly on your store is not the best deal at all . The shipping and custom taxes make it a lot more expensive than buying at a official reseller already in the country.
2019-3-16
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

i recommend fly more combo, not jus the controller combo.
2019-3-17
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 3-15 23:31
I think the new bundle has an updated controller that connects your phone to the controller via a cable rather than WiFi. That looks to be a good price, but you will want more than the one battery for sure.

i dont think so- just got spark decemeber 2018 and there is cables to connect but no apple cables, so i connect with wifi
2019-3-17
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

snowbird pilot Posted at 3-17 10:05
i dont think so- just got spark decemeber 2018 and there is cables to connect but no apple cables, so i connect with wifi

It's being advertised here in the UK with "Key Features: DJI Spark Mini Drone Controller Bundle
Please note: This updated DJI Spark bundle differs in that the controller has been updated to make it connect to a phone via a cable, rather than a Wi-Fi connection."
Here's the link https://www.wexphotovideo.com/dj ... pine-white-1672068/
2019-3-17
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 3-17 11:59
It's being advertised here in the UK with "Key Features: DJI Spark Mini Drone Controller Bundle
Please note: This updated DJI Spark bundle differs in that the controller has been updated to make it connect to a phone via a cable, rather than a Wi-Fi connection."
Here's the link https://www.wexphotovideo.com/dji-spark-mini-drone-controller-bundle-alpine-white-1672068/

must be that it is compatible, but still able to do wifi
2019-3-17
Use props
SAADHERO
First Officer
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

get the battery clip its a most am not joking!!!!

as the battery latch cloud degrade overtime
2019-3-17
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

snowbird pilot Posted at 3-17 13:10
must be that it is compatible, but still able to do wifi

Quite possibly, yes.
2019-3-17
Use props
PMPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243675 ft

United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 3-17 11:59
Here's the link https://www.wexphotovideo.com/dji-spark-mini-drone-controller-bundle-alpine-white-1672068/

Thanks Chris
I thought it was already possible to connect the currently available controllers using an OTG cable?
(I am hoping to use it with an iPhone 5s and would certainly prefer a cable to a wireless connection).
2019-3-19
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PMPS Posted at 3-19 14:42
Thanks Chris
I thought it was already possible to connect the currently available controllers using an OTG cable?
(I am hoping to use it with an iPhone 5s and would certainly prefer a cable to a wireless connection).

Am sorry, I do not know. I’ve always connected my iPhone 5 wirelessly. There is a usb cable that you use to charge the controller on the existing version, but whether you can use that as an OTG cable am not sure.
Am now using a Mavic Air and the cable connection is much quicker to connect the phone to the controller, so a much better experience.
Chris
2019-3-19
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read all the instructions and follow all rules.
2019-3-20
Use props
BRentAP03
First Officer
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

As of right now all sparks are the same
2019-3-20
Use props
BRentAP03
First Officer
Flight distance : 74872 ft