Newbie Question about Mobile and Wifi
702 8 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoBRAZoDiaC
New

United States

My question is when i remembered using my friends Phantom 4 with the go pro on it we always just connected through his cell phone no wifi, i just bought a Phantom 3 standard and it will only work with wifi which i dont like cause i feel like i wont be able to travel as far with its wifi. vrs my data from mobile connection. I am new so many of you will probably lol at me. I just wish i knew how to not have to use the wifi connection and use my mobile data.
2019-3-15
Use props
CoBRAZoDiaC
New

United States

and if it cannot use just mobile network can i upgrade to do that? and how far can this drone go using the phantom wifi?
2019-3-15
Use props
CoBRAZoDiaC
New

United States

I know the guy i bought the Phantom 3 standard said he upgraded the distance it can go with a module of some sort. If i have to connect this thing through the wifi connection its standard distance i read is 5 kilometers about 3 miles if he upgrade that distance what would it be?
2019-3-15
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Phantom 3S doesn't use the internet to connect.  Only way is wifi to your controller and device.  Has nothing to do with your data connection.
2019-3-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The P3S controler provides the the IP´s for the Network between the bird and your mobile and get some commands from the mobile as send back the system status....and so on.
With good condition you can let the bird fly far CE to 500 meters in distance by 100-120 meters in altitude. In FCC up to 1 km with live feed and controler signal in stock
With mods you can fly further than 2 or 3 km but are you sure the bird does what it should do?

2019-3-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Peterx Posted at 3-16 02:22
The P3S controler provides the the IP´s for the Network between the bird and your mobile and get some commands from the mobile as send back the system status....and so on.
With good condition you can let the bird fly far CE to 500 meters in distance by 100-120 meters in altitude. In FCC up to 1 km with live feed and controler signal in stock
With mods you can fly further than 2 or 3 km but are you sure the bird does what it should do?

'The P3S controler provides the the IP´s for the Network between the bird and your mobile and get some commands from the mobile as send back the system status....and so on.'

There is no 'network' between the RC controller and the aircraft, none at all, it is standard Radio Contol protocol. The only WiFi function is between the RC unit and the phone or tablet you have connected to the controller.;
2019-3-17
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

And.... don't forget, fly always on daylight time and don't loose your bird out of sight...
2019-3-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Geebax Posted at 3-17 00:43
'The P3S controler provides the the IP´s for the Network between the bird and your mobile and get some commands from the mobile as send back the system status....and so on.'

There is no 'network' between the RC controller and the aircraft, none at all, it is standard Radio Contol protocol. The only WiFi function is between the RC unit and the phone or tablet you have connected to the controller.;

Why not,The bird  sends the telemety and the life feed via 2.4 GHz as i WIFI used frequecy. I´ll make an IP scan so i know where the WIFI ends.
2019-3-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Scan shows 2 devices of DJI.
IP 192.168.1.1 is the RC and IP 192.168.1.2 the AC and the mobile is IP 192.168.1.3
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules