12984 58 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I set all my batteries to 2 days.  Used to be 10, used to be 4, now 2.  The TB48 owner of the 4x batteries I have, the owner set 1 day and the batteries are perfect.
2019-11-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Do a search on here and mavic pilots forum.  Significant numbers of people have batteries swelling or unusable with 20-30 cycles.
2019-11-20
Use props
Mirage711
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft
United States

I had two crashes into replacement mavic pro-drone. DJI doesn't give a crap about bulging battery all they care about is that you have six months warranty and that's it I have for bloated batteries I informed them they made me do a video test they ask me for pictures and they also asked me for the serial numbers as soon as they found out they were past 6 months warranty so long sucker.
2019-11-22
Use props
Mirage711
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft
United States

I had two crashes and two replacement mavic pro-drone. DJI doesn't give a crap about bulging battery all they care about is that you have six months warranty and that's it I have four bloated batteries I informed them they made me do a video test they ask me for pictures and they also asked me for the serial numbers as soon as they found out they were past 6 months warranty so long sucker.
2019-11-22
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never a swelling issue with quality batteries here. I fly more than 90 percent of the folks on here with all forms of RC as an avid enthusiast and instructor for over 30 years.  I've now had (3) Mavic 2 Pro batteries start to swell, all discharged properly and under 50 flights ea. that to me it's unacceptable for DJI. No swelling in any of my Mavic Pro, phantom or inspire batteries... ever. Lots of RC guys run low quality batteries to save a few bucks and we see huge difference in a high quality balanced cell LIPOs. These were not the same quality IMO. DJI must have used a new vendor and it shows. I won't bother fighting to get new packs DJI customer service outside warranty. They just don’t seem to go beyond customer expectations from what I’ve experienced over the years. It's hardly worth all the aggravation when in warranty so I won't bother but bought some of their competitions rigs lately. When they swell in flight, the battery pushes up and unlocks the battery and can case a loss of power. SO upon inspection (mainly see it after a flight) if you see the bottom swell at all, discharge and safely dispose of them. Keep posting so DJI improves the quality again and possibly goes on record helping customers with discount on replacements.

The video saying they will burst in flames if they swell is kind of BS, sure you can find video on YouTube but it's uncommon in the real world. Explosions into a ball of fire are caused from over charging or puncture of a fully charged pack. Flying a unbalanced swollen pack will most likely cause a battery to flag a unbalanced error, faster discharge and early landing with little warning or cause a disconnect and crash. I'm not saying it is safe to use them, and agree they should be disposed of, but don't believe everything on YouTube for 100% fact.

From left to right. Good, Bad, Bad, Bad, Very Bad
2020-5-6
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koelkop Posted at 2019-3-18 10:51
Do not store the batteries with a full charge on it for extended periods. My 3 batteries are now a year old with 230 cycles each and they show no swelling at all. They get cycled almost every 2nd day. If you are not going to use it try to store them at 60%+-.

We've got to see a video of the log and bat taken out and how flat it is.. That's a record for cycles from anyone I know!  I would call that very lucky.
2020-5-6
Use props
sirgunas
lvl.1
Laos

Yep...I rarely use my drone, maybe once every few months. I noticed that on completing a flight that the battery had nearly detached. The first time I had thought that i had not fitted the battery correctly. Then on another flight, i ensured that the battery was properly fitted, however I noticed that it was very difficult to attach the battery. When the flight was completed the battery had released from 1 clip. That when i checked closely and noticed the bulge. I check all the batteries and they were all the same. Given that I fly once every few months and the cost of the investment, I am very disappoint.
2020-5-27
Use props
sirgunas
lvl.1
Laos

New battery still has the sticker on it.

2020-5-27
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Hi. This is an issue that's been around almost since the release of the M2. Especially those of us that got the first bunch of batteries (manufactured around July/August 2018) had issues after around 20 charge cycles.

I own 4 batteries for the M2P, one that came with the drone, one bought seperately some time after and 2 from the combo pack. All manufactured around that time (summer 2018). First one started swelling after around 8 months with less than 20 cycles on it. When it got to the point that it would no longer sit on the table without leaving a 2-3mm gap on one side, I never used it again for flying. Just updating purposes, transfering photos and videos etc.

I hadn't flight for the last 2.5 months, mainly because of the lockdown. Today I decided to take out the batteries and recharge them, calibrate the drone and if weather permits do some flights.

I noticed that the swelling on the first battery is gone completely, which is pretty strange. Since I'm no expert in LIPO batteries, I'm not sure if that's something normal or an indication that something bad is about to happen with this battery. Could someone shed some light on this?

I thought to give it a go with some close distance flight in a controlled way.
2020-5-31
Use props
fans36d3712a
lvl.1

Indonesia

I have had many problems last few months with bloated batteries and had to dispose of 3. This was for my Mavic Pro
2020-6-9
Use props
fansbc0f1fc8
lvl.1
Martinique

I have had one battery swell also.   Little you can do about it it seems.
2020-6-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a bunch...
2020-6-12
Use props
kykmavic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

I have had one battery with exactly the same issue with less than 20 flights.
2020-6-13
Use props
spokanedronephoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4935102 ft
United States

Two of my 5 batteries are starting to swell. One of them swelled so much during a flight that one of the clips broke loose and the battery was halfway unseated when I landed. Thankfully it didn't crash. I have only had this drone since last summer. Never had this much issue with my Inspire 1 TB47 or TB48 batteries. These DJI Mavic 2 batteries are crap.
2020-6-25
Use props
tun345
lvl.2
United States

what's the final update
2020-7-5
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I had about 30 Mavic 2 Pro batteries.
~15 of them died at 50-70 cycles.
Only one of them was swollen.
2020-7-13
Use props
spokanedronephoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4935102 ft
United States

Update: now 3 of my 5 batteries are swollen and unusable for the mavic 2. Two of them only have 38 charge cycles and the other has 43.
2020-7-16
Use props
Gudevibes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316581 ft
United States

I started noticing because the clips did not engage as well.
Is there anyone that has had luck with DJI with either replacement or discounted replacements due to this bloating that is obviously a manufacturing defect?
2020-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules