Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rc charging Android
1143 21 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Guys, i noticed that the latest Go4 app is still charging the android phone and no option to turn this off or am i missing something, using the samsung s9+
2019-3-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

With my iphone i have the option to enable/disable this but not with my samsung Why
2019-3-15
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 3-15 23:44
With my iphone i have the option to enable/disable this but not with my samsung Why

This is part of the Android operating system specification. Apple gives one the option to disable this 'feature' but unless the Android operating system particular to your phone is modified it is not normal to disable this feature.

Although this is a common complaint, it is not one that you can blame DJI for as they make the GO-4 app to suit multiple Android devices
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Boffin Posted at 3-16 00:02
This is part of the Android operating system specification. Apple gives one the option to disable this 'feature' but unless the Android operating system particular to your phone is modified it is not normal to disable this feature.

Although this is a common complaint, it is not one that you can blame DJI for as they make the GO-4 app to suit multiple Android devices

SO there is no way to disable this then
2019-3-16
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

No. I think DJI explained this as Android needs a minimum voltage to operate the app. Without the controller charge it will not function.

Not sure why Apple manages to do it.
2019-3-16
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

although the latest firmware in Jan  2019 has confirmed  "Fixed issue: the remote controller’s operating time was shortened when used with some mobile devices". and naively was thinking this is about to address the android base phone charging  issue but no.
I ,therefore, swapped to iPad,  which could  enable & disable the charging option without single glitch.
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Not sure which Mavic you are writing about, this charging issue is well known on the forum and after 3 consecutive flights, a Mavic Pro controller battery will be close to exaustion. However, I have been experimenting with my MP because the controller battery is failing and there is a simple solution to the charging and failing controller. No mods, and it works like a dream. Don't know why DJI haven't mentioned it.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

*DM* Posted at 3-16 00:49
No. I think DJI explained this as Android needs a minimum voltage to operate the app. Without the controller charge it will not function.

This should not be the case i am using the Samsung s9+ which is more then capable of running the app
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

akozc Posted at 3-16 03:15
although the latest firmware in Jan  2019 has confirmed  "Fixed issue: the remote controller’s operating time was shortened when used with some mobile devices". and naively was thinking this is about to address the android base phone charging  issue but no.
I ,therefore, swapped to iPad,  which could  enable & disable the charging option without single glitch.

I use my iPhone mostly but in very hot days the iPhone screen is very bad and the Samsung s9+ has a brighter screen for days like these
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-16 05:25
Not sure which Mavic you are writing about, this charging issue is well known on the forum and after 3 consecutive flights, a Mavic Pro controller battery will be close to exaustion. However, I have been experimenting with my MP because the controller battery is failing and there is a simple solution to the charging and failing controller. No mods, and it works like a dream. Don't know why DJI haven't mentioned it.

I am using the Zoom, please do tell of your fix
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:28
I am using the Zoom, please do tell of your fix

2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

*DM* Posted at 3-16 00:49

You say- Not sure why Apple manages to do it.

You see it as a phone, but the internals are not the same. Think of a car. One diesel, the other petrol. It is still a car, but they are not the same in detail.
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:25
This should not be the case i am using the Samsung s9+ which is more then capable of running the app

DM said- DJI explained this as Android needs a minimum voltage to operate the app

The devices are digital and so this explanation is not true. All electronics will stop working if the voltage (power) drops below its working threshold. Your phone will stop working when the battery shows empty, not when it is above that threshold.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

That is a good idea, thanks
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:25

I agree with Suren.
Although I stopped using the S9+ for practical reasons, it is more than capable of dealing with Go4 whilst running many other functions and apps behind the scenes.
The charging issue is  a different matter though.
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:44
That is a good idea, thanks

Please confirm it works for your model of drone / phone so I can help others.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-16 06:48
Please confirm it works for your model of drone / phone so I can help others.

I will do that Alan, thanks again
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Suren, sorry for the trouble.It is related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone or Tablet needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 06:54
Hi Suren, sorry for the trouble.It is related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone or Tablet needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode.

That does not sound right, if that statement is true when ever I plug my phone to my smart tv it would start charging the phone but the usb outputs of the tv does not carry that amount of volts to charge the phone and I have no issues with it, you should tell your rnd that there must be an option for us as the customers to be able to chose that option of leave it off, it is our right after spending this amount of money on your product.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Suren Posted at 3-15 23:44

Yes, you're right! You can disable "charging mode" on IOS device only using the app. Unfortunately, for the android devices there's no option to turn off the charging mode. Again, sorry for the inconvenience it caused. Appreciate your understanding and support.
2019-3-16
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:27
I use my iPhone mostly but in very hot days the iPhone screen is very bad and the Samsung s9+ has a brighter screen for days like these

no idea about iPhone but my iPad pro 11 inch screen brightness pretty and as good as my s9 note from my eyes view.
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Guernsey

akozc Posted at 3-16 07:31
no idea about iPhone but my iPad pro 11 inch screen brightness pretty and as good as my s9 note from my eyes view.

One of the reasons I stopped using the S9+ with the Mavic Pro is because of the poor clarity of the bright screen. Even at full brightness, it is less clear than the Samsung J7 that it temporarily replaced. The real difference is between  clarity rather than brute brightness. Reflections introduced by the stylish curved screen is in my view, its downside, when used with a drone.  (S9+ about 1200 nits J7 about 750 nits)
The J7 was intended for the Asian market. Bright sun and cut price utility function was probably the design brief. For the beautiful and most desirable S9+, things were much different.
I believe Apple opted for lower nits to improve battery life and the screens do appear remarkably clear for a lower light output. Probably why the J7 works better for me.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules