SD Card Format on the SD Card Reader?
1167 9 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

What is the format type when DJI OP formatting the SD Card?Somehow, my phone (Samsung Note 9) can recognise it when I remove the SD Card and puts it on the SD Card reader, but my PC (windows, Surface Go) doesn't.

Need a way to dump the whole SD Card in a faster way, since using the given USB-C adapter to phone, is very slow.

Having the file put into the phone and then into my PC is a lot burdensome.
2019-3-16
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Did you use the Pocket to format the card? Can you format it with the Surface?
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For a card up to 32gb it’s fat32: for a card over 32gb it’s exfat.
2019-3-16
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Curt1591 Posted at 3-16 02:34
Did you use the Pocket to format the card? Can you format it with the Surface?

Yep, I use my OP to format my card.

Well, I suspected it was an ExFat as well, but somehow my Surface Go don't want to recognize it, either using a S card reader through the USB-C port, or even insert it thoroughly to the SD Card slot on my PC as well...
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day StardustGeass. Thank you for reaching out. If the SD card is formatted with the DJI GO app, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should be formatted in to the FAT32 file system while the SD card that is larger than 32GB should be formatted in to the exFAT file system. If the SD card is formatted on the computer, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted in to the FAT32 file system. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted in to the exFAT file system. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Sorry for bumping old thread, but I think it is better than just create a new one with the same problem.

Turns out, until now, I cannot make SD card used by DJI OP to be readable on any windows devices (Laptop & PC, tried on several of them). Tried several SD Card reader but doesn't work as well.
It is still readable by my Android device though, so I can at least move the files there. Also, my WD Wireless Passport (gen 1) can read and move the files inside, so it is a big help. But, with very slow data transfer speed (around 2MB/s I think?), I really wished it is possible to just use my USB-C SD Card reader for faster transferring file.

Anyone having the same problem? Or is it just me?
2019-5-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

StardustGeass Posted at 5-18 04:39
Sorry for bumping old thread, but I think it is better than just create a new one with the same problem.

Turns out, until now, I cannot make SD card used by DJI OP to be readable on any windows devices (Laptop & PC, tried on several of them). Tried several SD Card reader but doesn't work as well.

No. I take the SD card out of the Pocket and into a card reader for my Windows tower case PC.  I have no download problems at all. My PC can 'see' the card and contents.
2019-5-18
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 5-18 09:45
No. I take the SD card out of the Pocket and into a card reader for my Windows tower case PC.  I have no download problems at all. My PC can 'see' the card and contents.

Ditto - I've had no problems reading the OP card via a card reader connected to my PC  (Win10)
2019-5-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

StardustGeass Posted at 5-18 04:39
Sorry for bumping old thread, but I think it is better than just create a new one with the same problem.

Turns out, until now, I cannot make SD card used by DJI OP to be readable on any windows devices (Laptop & PC, tried on several of them). Tried several SD Card reader but doesn't work as well.

Just re-read your comment.  You can't use a standard SD card reader. It must be at least SDHC or SDXC compliant.
2019-5-18
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Germany

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 5-18 14:52
Just re-read your comment.  You can't use a standard SD card reader. It must be at least SDHC or SDXC compliant.

I'm using the one compatible with.
Before using it on my OP, I can access my SD Card without problem.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules