Does the OSMO pocket have a path mode when shooting video?
12Next >
12286 44 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Redfearn
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I’m wondering, does the Osmo Pocket have a function to record on a pre set path, like the time lapse mode? For example, record from point A to point B for 15 seconds?

I’m using the Osmo Pocket to capture footage of my wrap work, And I’m getting great results, but working by my self means I’m struggling to get footage of my self in the videos unless someone is with me.

If this isn’t a feature, then why not
2019-3-16
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ditto - I would like that facility too.
2019-3-16
Use props
ThermalExposure
New
United States

Bump. I was wondering about this myself and stumbled upon this thread.
2019-3-28
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Seems it works with the Mimo app ....... I will check that and comes back with an answer.
2019-3-28
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

At the Mimo app, slide to time lapse, at the middle top of the display, right side you can see a pulldown, and you can set a maximum of 4 points path.

you can move the gimbal with the virtual joystick to rotate/tilt the lens to set "these" four points.

I wish this helps.

But if you means the 'path' other than time lapse mode offers, I cannot get what you mean .... please explain more.
2019-3-28
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Or you mean a continuous shooting with a path which can preset like the time lapse?
2019-3-28
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think being able to set a gimbal path ( like in the time-lapse mode ) for regular video  would be an amazing feature for getting perfectly smooth pans / reveals etc ... whilst on a tripod mount etc ...

I'm new to this forum, is there a thread for presenting 'wish lists' to DJI ?
2019-3-30
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

It would be an awesome feature for sure. Really hope that it will be implemented in a future firmware.
2019-3-30
Use props
H.B.Fard
lvl.2
Germany

Yup. Exactly... I'm voting for this functionality as well. and based on presets in story recording mood, It seems like osmo pocket is perfectly capable of it. DJI, plz bring this functionality in next firmware.
2019-4-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Plus one from me too - if only because it might be handy and it should be feasible.
2019-4-18
Use props
fans57c59881
New

United Kingdom

Came across this thread after having the same thought. I’m glad there are others who would like to see this feature implemented! Surely something can be done with the path feature from the time-lapse mode in order to allow for a path to be set in normal video mode. Definitely would be an amazing feature as panning manually using the device’s touchscreen or phone app is difficult to do smoothly. Anyone been able to find a way to submit feature recommendations to DJI?
2019-4-18
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

I vote for this feature as well.
Would be a powerful feature for pocket to recommend to others DJI.
2019-4-18
Use props
itsmark
lvl.1

United States

+1 vote from me as well
2019-6-4
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Yes I also vote for this feature as well.

But since I have the controller one week ago, I only film with this controller on my pocket. It is so smooth, much more better than with my iPhone.
And the other "must have" in my opinion is the wireless module. It is much better to handle the pocket than you have connected the phone with the small Adapter.
2019-6-4
Use props
fansfa247687
lvl.2

Hi.

I did a feature request for this function i while back too https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=188447&page=1#pid1859285
Hope they implement it.

S
2019-6-4
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

MKosmo Posted at 3-30 05:00
I think being able to set a gimbal path ( like in the time-lapse mode ) for regular video  would be an amazing feature for getting perfectly smooth pans / reveals etc ... whilst on a tripod mount etc ...

I'm new to this forum, is there a thread for presenting 'wish lists' to DJI ?

This thread is such a request. And, as pointed out in the preceding post, it has been suggested before.
2019-6-4
Use props
Bruce Lauderdale
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I would love this feature too. It can't be difficult to do as they already have this feature in the drones.

It would allow us to do something that we haven't seen on other products; A great transition video.

1) Set a path to follow - for example start from the left pan to the right past a bathroom door.
2) Action! - Person enters the bathroom as soon as the door comes into view and shuts the door. (*note pan position)
3) Change! - Person changes clothing wets hair puts a towel over her hair etc.
4) Replay the path again.
5) Action! - Person opens the door after the time the door was closed in first pan and comes out dressed in new clothing.
6) In Post! - Blend the two shots together into one smooth edit.
Viola!

Come on DJI, make it happen.
2019-7-3
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Great idea
2019-7-3
Use props
Alex Stacey
New

Germany

+1

would love this
2019-7-3
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6762 ft
Australia

+1 for me too.  It would be a great feature.
2019-8-5
Use props
fans8c0365c7
lvl.2
Greece

Udo13 Posted at 6-4 03:13
Yes I also vote for this feature as well.

But since I have the controller one week ago, I only film with this controller on my pocket. It is so smooth, much more better than with my iPhone.

can you adjust the speed of the movement with the controller ?
2019-8-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The control wheel and the extension rod have proportional control - the more you move the control, the faster the gimbal movement.
2019-8-5
Use props
fans505241a0
lvl.1
United States

I vote for this feature also, I was looking online to see if it was possible, sadly it hasn’t been implemented yet.
I think they are capable with the Osmo pocket because I have the Ronin-S gimbal and i’ve used it.
2019-8-17
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

+2
we need this function also.
2019-8-21
Use props
ianstewart58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157208 ft

United Kingdom

I would love this. A static video relies an awful lot on action to make it interesting to be able to auto pan in normal video would be a great feature.
2019-8-24
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi used to offer this and the Osmo Mobile offers it. This would be a super enhancement and they will proba ly save it for v2.
2019-8-24
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

It's time to implement this function.

T.
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ttrilles Posted at 8-28 00:10
It's time to implement this function.

T.

Hi, thanks for sharing your interest regarding this feature request. No worries, we will forward this to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-28
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

+1 for me as well.

I requested this a while back as well as some other automated camera motions.
Spinning the image 360 degrees, or adding a quick move ate the start/end of the video for easy transitions for example.
Something similar to what already happens in DJI Mimo Stories, but programable by the user.
2019-8-28
Use props
giganteyyc
New
Canada

+1 for me also
It'd be great to set a duration and start / stop location for the camera to pan to. While we're wish-listing, it'd be awesome to even choose from some pre-programmed (or even programmable) camera movements like it does in the stories, but for regular video / slowmotion. IE: program a left to right over 10 seconds while barrel-rolling the camera, or straight pan with an 'in / out' camera motion. Or something like that! These of course being nice-to-haves, as the camera is amazing and does so much out of the box.

PS Any update on this?

2020-2-18
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Since the gimbal/mimo already has the software for motion timelapse how hard would this be to port for video. i cant see it being that hard.
2020-2-18
Use props
Simusio
lvl.1
Canada

+1 for this feature. Pre set video path would be great! As long a video as possible.
Please please please!
2020-3-8
Use props
djiuser_sq5VxGByQh10
New
Sweden

+1
@DJI, you are the kings of new features via software updates and we love you for it!!! Please, please, please release custom paths for video mode in your next update. I believe this is the killer feature for all of us filming solo.

ps: I’d really like to save unlimited custom paths so I can use them over and over across multiple shooting sessions.... for example: mount the camera on a tripod and shoot a video following the same path once per day for 180 days
2020-4-4
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Please, please, please... it would be like basic motion control and look at all the posibilities of that tech - easy fancy transitons, SFX and even just consistency in things like landscape shots to produce even more beautiful videos.

Custom stories / video paths would be such a useful feature... and it's likely a MiMo App feature (though in camera control would be even better) as we know the hardware can already do it, so it shouldn't be an OP2 feature...

So, please, please, please...

2020-4-6
Use props
oddfellow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14236 ft

United Kingdom

Complete programmable control over paths on the gimbal cannot be a difficult thing to introduce into either the Osmo Pocket or the Osmo Mobile 3 as BOTH alreeady have programmable paths in the Timelapse function.

Having this kind of control would make these two products KILLER products in the market and would help sales no-end. It's crazy that this hasn't been introduced already and I will be furious if these functions are not introduced  until a new product is launched as the coders have already proven it's possible in the existing products. HELL, the latest version of the firmware and Mimo app for the Mobile 3  introduces a DISPLAY MORE function for the product to show off its moves for retail sellers. These are programmed moves to help sell the thing and TOTALLY useless to an owner of it.

C'mon DJI, what is the hold up?  
2020-6-7
Use props
TheOutlaw
New

New Zealand

Did this ever come to fruition? It would make my use of the DJI OSMoS 3 a lot easier. Cheers
2020-12-18
Use props
TheOutlaw
New

New Zealand

double posted sorry
2020-12-18
Use props
squarehead
New
Flight distance : 25220 ft

United States

Any movement on this?

Just bought a pocket assuming this was supported
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_C5u6UKYqBKZb
New

Portugal

+1 for this feature. Would be a game changer! Please DJI
2021-8-30
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_C5u6UKYqBKZb Posted at 8-30 01:09
+1 for this feature. Would be a game changer! Please DJI

I would imagine DJI would retool to add another color to the Pocket line before they tweak the firmware!
2021-8-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules