Gimbal modes
3138 11 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustinCase
lvl.1
Norway

I am completely new to the OP, but trying to learn it....:-)

Could someone please explain the differences between these modes?

FPV
Follow
Tilt Locked

Also, little confused here, but these modes can also be selected but they have nothing to do with the gimbal, or....?

Slow Follow
Fast Follow

Thank You!

JC
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JC. Thank you for reaching out. The difference between the Follow Mode and the FPV Mode is that the image transmission screen will tilt when the left sticks are pushed to the left or right in FPV Mode while the image transmission screen will not in Follow Mode.

1) FPV Mode: The gimbal will synchronize with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.
2) Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal’s orientation and aircraft’s nose remains constant at all times.

2019-3-16
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Aircraft? Hahahahaha. Osmo Pocket aircraft ........... Answers of a hotline or a call center. Press F 1 for help !  Hahahahaha

T.
2019-3-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPV

The Camera will turn, tilt side to side and move up and down as you change the OP orientation, it will just smooth out the movement

Follow

The camera will stay level and not tilt side to side but will turn and tilt up and down

Tilt Locked

The camera will Stay level side to side and will not tilt up and down, all it will do is  follow your turn.

Slow Follow
Fast Follow

How fast the camera will track to the new orientation  as you move the OP around
2019-3-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

FPV = no lock at all, just smoothed movement, according to the slow or fast follow setting.
Follow = horizon lock (which is what is should have been called).  Keeps the horizon level no matter how you move the camera handle.  You can still point it up and down,
Tilt Lock = same as follow, but movement of the camera up to the sky or down to your feet is also no longer possible.
Pan Lock (using the controller wheel accessory) = same as tilt lock, but also panning is no longer possible.

So

FPV = no lock
Follow = horizon lock
Tilt lock = horizon lock plus tilt lock
Pan lock = horizon lock plus tilt lock plus pan lock

In all cases, what is locked is the picture, not the gimbal.
2019-3-16
Use props
Apollo11capcom
lvl.2
United States

How do you implement pan lock with the wheel?
2019-3-16
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Some great explanations of gimbal settings  - thank you all who posted.
2019-3-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hold down the right button on the wheel accessory to get pan lock.  Don't just press, hold.  When you release, it unlocks.  It's in the instructions that come with the wheel, but I think I'm the last person on the planet who reads instructions!   Perhaps one of the most useful features of the wheel, and a lot of people don't seem to know about it, including YouTube reviewers.
2019-3-17
Use props
JustinCase
lvl.1
Norway

Thank You all for some great explanations!!

JC
2019-3-17
Use props
Apollo11capcom
lvl.2
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-17 01:24
Hold down the right button on the wheel accessory to get pan lock.  Don't just press, hold.  When you release, it unlocks.  It's in the instructions that come with the wheel, but I think I'm the last person on the planet who reads instructions!   Perhaps one of the most useful features of the wheel, and a lot of people don't seem to know about it, including YouTube reviewers.

Now that you say iti do remember reading it. . Or at leasti remember something about holding the button down. Typically i'l read the instructions once, play around with it for a week or two,  then read the instructions again to get everything i missed.  I just haven't got to my second reading yet. ;)
2019-3-17
Use props
saio33
lvl.3
Italy

why pan lock mode is avaible ONLY with controller wheel accessory? it's very strange. With normal gimbal is a very usefull mode
2019-3-17
Use props
Captain Slocum
lvl.1

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-16 13:27
FPV = no lock at all, just smoothed movement, according to the slow or fast follow setting.
Follow = horizon lock (which is what is should have been called).  Keeps the horizon level no matter how you move the camera handle.  You can still point it up and down,
Tilt Lock = same as follow, but movement of the camera up to the sky or down to your feet is also no longer possible.

That is the best explanation of the modes I have read. As you say, Folllow should have been called Horizon lock. It is all very clear now. many thanks.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules