Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
French Regulations
716 5 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdGon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4190 ft
United States

Bringing my Mavic Platinum to So. France.  I followed the previous thread to the geo portal which has other links; in french (google translate does a good job).  Looks like they have a similar testing for larger drone operators called the F.A.T. test. It can be done online, and requires 100% for passing grade, but no limit on number of attempts.  I haven't gotten into chasing down the various links they have, like the study guide.  I'm hoping we have someone who has been there done that--or knows someone, who knows france.  the following I found from a link page. " News and points of attention
[size=1.1]# 26 October 2018
Implementation of the Drones Act 2016-1428: registration of remotely piloted aircraft and training of leisure telepilots
[size=1.1]Two pieces of application of the Drones Act 2016-1428 have just been published:
  • From December 26, 2018 remotely piloted aircraft of 800g or more will be registered by their owner on AlphaTango, the public portal for users of remotely piloted aircraft.
  • As of December 26, 2018, remotely piloted telegraph aircraft of 800g or more used for recreational purposes must have undergone training.
    [size=1.1]This training can be:
    • the Fox AlphaTango training offered by the DGAC.
    • training provided by the FFAM or UFOLEP recognized as equivalent by the DGAC.

2019-3-16
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

Yes, the Mavic is less than 800g, but my french neighbor says No
2019-3-16
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

Yes, the Mavic is less than 800g, but my french neighbor says all drones have to be registered, etc.  I think he is misinformed
2019-3-16
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

Mavic <800g, but I've been told I can't operate mine by a Frenchman  who lives where i'm going (He's not a pilot, probably thinking about local regs, because where he lives is almost all a red zone.
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day EdGon. Thank you for sharing this informative information. These will be a very big help for all our French DJI Members and Customers. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-16
Use props
EdGon
lvl.1
United States

Hope I can find a french operator to give me insight.
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules