Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual - iOS Altitude Issues
4041 18 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpuuts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427713 ft
United States

It's happened twice now when using the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with the iOS DJI Pilot App.
Everything is working starting and launching the devices but then upon getting up about 100ft ,the aircraft begins to lower itself without warning or given the commands.  Thankfully I'm high enough to avoid anything, but I don't want to use the aircraft in production environmetns if this continues to happen.

The odd thing is that this never happens when I use the DJI Pilot App with an Android device.

Is this normal?

2019-3-16
Use props
Kuwaiti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350915 ft
Kuwait

This happened to me twice yesterday I Re-calibrate the my Mavic enterprise same thing I was fly next to the beach
2019-3-17
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not had that specific issue but have several others. Worst is, I cannot format the SD card, I click format and it locks up, have to reboot the iPad to get it back. I then connect my Android phone, do the format then switch back to the iPad because of the bigger screen.
2019-3-19
Use props
fans489c0d08
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13406293 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the Mavic Enterprise standard. (zoom only)
I am also having altitude issues as you have experienced and also incorrect readings over land AND water. It also ascends and descends to establish the height it says it's at on Controller.I also have had at least 2 experiences where it gets stuck on the controller at say 50 feet, right up to when it lands then it just resets itself to zero once landed.
Not acceptable when I need this for search and rescue and use at height as low as 10feet.
I just can't trust it to do what DJI has told me it can do.
I also find the Lack of INTELLIGENT smart modes unacceptable. Their are various situations in my Business I require this, especially in patrolling and Search AND rescue.
A reply from DJI WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
2019-3-19
Use props
fans489c0d08
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Kuwaiti Posted at 3-17 11:43
This happened to me twice yesterday I Re-calibrate the my Mavic enterprise same thing I was fly next to the beach

We still await a reply. Now my Mav.ent. goes In little circles all by itself while I have it stationary at say 60 ft. No replies. Have flight logs all ready to send today. Hopefully someone at DJI can get us a quick fix or AT LEAST AKNOWLEDGE and reply here!!  We live in Hope
2019-3-29
Use props
fans489c0d08
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Kuwaiti Posted at 3-17 11:43

We still await a reply. Now my Mav.ent. goes In little circles all by itself while I have it stationary at say 60 ft. No replies. Have flight logs all ready to send today. Hopefully someone at DJI can get us a quick fix or AT LEAST AKNOWLEDGE and reply here!!  We live in Hope
2019-3-29
Use props
Kuwaiti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350915 ft
Kuwait

I have decided to sale my Mavic enterprise because of this issue and the low profile DJI app , I’m sticking with my Mavic pro 2
2019-4-1
Use props
TMH71
lvl.3
Germany

I have the same Problem today, my controller says 43 mtr but the M2E Dual was only max 10 mtr high I try to land the drone an it came very hard to the ground without stopping
2019-4-1
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

TMH71 Posted at 4-1 09:57
I have the same Problem today, my controller says 43 mtr but the M2E Dual was only max 10 mtr high I try to land the drone an it came very hard to the ground without stopping

Probably already been done -- but have you tried reseting the IMU and compass?  Also when this happens, what is the relation of the M2E to the controller, and specifically the orientation of the antennae?

Are you in an area with a lot of interference, structures or other wifi-interference?  Any specific details you can share about controller or software versions in the M2E or the controller or the iphone/ipad?

Lastly, I saw a mention about issues with some versions of the iPads -- cannot recall if it was that the app didn't work right on the newer PRO iPa'sds, or the other way around -- ONLY works right on the Pro.

The more detail you can share with others it may point to a mfg issue with a specific range of controller or M2E's.
2019-4-2
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto with my M2ED as well.....Its not IOS either, happens with android as well. However, neither OS matters, the RC is reporting incorrect altitude as well.....

It's the AC no doubt!! Re-cal'd IMU. re-Cal'd Compass, re-booted, re-load SW.....Yada yada yada, nothing helps!! The RC and S8/9 both show 0' each and every NEW take off occures and the altitude is all screwed up every time it lands.....Sometimes as much as 70 some feet, in either positive or negative direction.........
Screenshot_20190407-184010_a.jpg Screenshot_20190411-190323_a.jpg Screenshot_20190411-193153_a.jpg

Guess I'll be sending this thing back, I've had way too many issues thus far........

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168112

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180656-1-1.html

2019-4-13
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

that is normal
2020-3-14
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

arm the engine for 30  seconds to warm up battery wait for 10 satellites best is 12 satellites stand 10 meters away from your drone make sure you are not near a car or car keys in your pocket, the drone doesnt like it, if you are  living below sea level, please check if you live below sea level
2020-3-14
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

let it spin for 30  seconds and then take off dont use sports mode  until after 5 minutes of flight
2020-3-14
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

use a wet tissue and single swipe clean your vps if you want to touch it dont expect a crash landing, never touch the vps or any bottom sensor, one spec of fingerprint can give false reading like this one, when powering on dji enterprise keep on ground before power on, never power one with it standing on table or car on a flat ground
2020-3-14
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Australia

never power on the drone while holding it while standing up leave it on the ground and power up otherwise it will give you a false height default reading, you are asking for trouble if you do
2020-3-14
Use props
fans489c0d08
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

fans489c0d08 Posted at 2019-3-29 21:02

Still having these issues?
2021-4-16
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I already opened a thread telling about this issue. I usually have between 50 and 70 metres of "inaccuracy"...and when the Mavic flies I can see it starts lowering little by little because it doesn't know the real height...
2021-4-18
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I already opened a thread telling about this issue. I usually have between 50 and 70 metres of "inaccuracy"...and when the Mavic flies I can see it starts lowering little by little because it doesn't know the real height...
2021-4-18
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

In this picture, it's hovering where it took off from, after a flight, it marks 52 metres...and it's almost on the ground...
IMG_0938.PNG
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules