Film Editing Application?
628 11 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chromium Flight
lvl.2

United States

I know there are some good paid video editors, however, wondering if there are any decent free applications to make videos and improve the film as I have been having trouble finding any. Let me know if there are any decent free applications that you guys use compatible with IOS or Windows 10.Thanks
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chromium Flight. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best information and recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on what free editing applications they are using for editing. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-16
Use props
Chromium Flight
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the diligence as I hope the same  
2019-3-16
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have been using Hitfilm Express 12...it's basic and free.  There seems to be a lot of tutorials for it on YouTube.
2019-3-16
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

My poor old tired PC (W10) with no GPU struggles with all video editors but I have had the best luck with Openshot.  It requires the least computer resources that I have found.
Many say that DaVinci Resolve is very good and (of course) there is iMovie for IOS.
2019-3-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Da Vinci resolve    There are a lot of YouTube videos that will teach you everything you need to know about da Vinci resolve   
2019-3-16
Use props
AcesFull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54265 ft
United States

I use and love DaVinci Resolve mentioned above. I've tried all the free ones. It does require a bit more beefy hardware than others, though. And there's a ton of free training videos on youtube. Try all the free ones yourself and decide what suits you the best.
2019-3-16
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-16 16:37
My poor old tired PC (W10) with no GPU struggles with all video editors but I have had the best luck with Openshot.  It requires the least computer resources that I have found.
Many say that DaVinci Resolve is very good and (of course) there is iMovie for IOS.

If you are looking for an editor which needs minimal computer resources, you can try Wondershare Filmora as well.
2019-3-16
Use props
Chromium Flight
lvl.2

United States

I will try what has been mentioned. Thanks for the feedback
2019-3-16
Use props
Sportivod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66158 ft
United Kingdom

Chromium, if you are still researching editing apps, you may well find this post very helpful. It covers all the software that is worth considering, at every price point from free to expensive and gives an idea of their relative merits: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/
2019-3-24
Use props
Chromium Flight
lvl.2

United States

Sportivod Posted at 3-24 11:48
Chromium, if you are still researching editing apps, you may well find this post very helpful. It covers all the software that is worth considering, at every price point from free to expensive and gives an idea of their relative merits: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/

Hey thanks for that I will give it a look.
2019-3-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Davinci Resolve..... editing, color grading/correcting, compositing.... swiss army knife tool for post processing.... for FREE as in a beer.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules