using another app to control flight and how it affects dji refresh
432 5 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YdJu0lfX9tYV
Flight distance : 48734 ft
Sweden

Hi
I have just started flying a Mavic 2 zoom and wonder how using another app (than go4 )  for instance Litchi and Mavic FPV - Waypoint &VR by Michele Vagnetti
will affect  DJI Refresh insurance?
If I crash the drone when using these Apps  am I still insured by Dji Refresh - OR NOT ?
I have not installed the app made by Michele Vagnetti (- Mavic FPV ) - But Im a bit curious about that one.....
Please Advice!  ( Better Safe than Sorry)

Lasse from Sweden
2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_YdJu0lfX9tYV
Sweden

I use an ipad to control the aircraft
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lasse. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. We do not recommend using 3rd party application for your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom for compatibility and reliability. 3rd party application might affect the performance of the drone while in use. There is a  possibility that the 3rd party application will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said application when in use.  We highly suggest you use the DJI go 4 application to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_YdJu0lfX9tYV
Sweden

Thank You Stephan

It would be nice to try FPV without buying the expensive RE Goggles  and  the app made by Michele Vagnetti seemed nice....
Im interested in being able to look around while flying just by moving my head ( and not use my finger on the ipad surface...)
Will using this app  disqualify me from using my dji refresh insurance in case of a crash???
Lasse

2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_YdJu0lfX9tYV
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 07:06
Hello and good day Lasse. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. We do not recommend using 3rd party application for your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom for compatibility and reliability. 3rd party application might affect the performance of the drone while in use. There is a  possibility that the 3rd party application will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said application when in use.  We highly suggest you use the DJI go 4 application to avoid any problem. Thank you.

hi Stephen
Not sure if I have answered correctly so I try this to...
If I use the app Mavic FPV made by Michele Vagnetti found on app store
will it disqualify me from using dji refresh insurance in case of a crash???
Lasse
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_YdJu0lfX9tYV Posted at 3-17 10:51
hi Stephen
Not sure if I have answered correctly so I try this to...
If I use the app Mavic FPV made by Michele Vagnetti found on app store

Thank you for the reply Lasse. The DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following. Damage / crash resulting from the use of third party software and  this is stipulated on the DJI Care Refresh Terms and Conditions. For additional information I will be posting a link where in you can see the overview and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Care Refresh Plan. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/service/djic ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules