Mavic Pro doesn't fly straight after all calibrations.
2299 9 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PauF577
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149902 ft
Lithuania

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone knows an answer why Mavic Pro won't fly straight? I calibrated compass, IMU, RC and gimbal, but there is no any difference.
Please help
2019-3-17
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

I don't think mine has ever flown straight, its always veering to a side when I press forward.

Sorry I dont have any info other than that.
Heres an example

2019-3-17
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
United States

I looked up some info, this is super common and can be caused by calibration, unbalanced or aftermarket props, or simply the gimbal isn't actually looking straight but the drone is flying straight so on screen it appears the drone is veering.

I don't have a solid answer for you but you can check the flight logs to look at stick input and eliminate that as the source of the issue.

I don't get a hard-on for firmware so I'm not gonna tell you to update it.

When DJI is pressed on the issue they have no solutions.

2019-3-17
Use props
PauF577
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149902 ft
Lithuania

I have almost the same issue with my drone. But I will try to change a propellers on another ones.
Hoping that this will help...
2019-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

MaineMavick Posted at 3-17 06:27
I don't think mine has ever flown straight, its always veering to a side when I press forward.

Sorry I dont have any info other than that.

looks like your drone found the only gap between the trees - close call - huge relief :-)
2019-3-17
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i had this problem for a long time and up until pretty recently too. my analysis was that: since my yaw settings were set to very sensitive even the slightest pressure on the right stick (off centre) was causing my drone to move: ie ..when i thought that my stick was centered it was in fact not - i have tried to retrain my right thumb to not drift left or right and since then i have noticed good improvement in my drones ability to fly straight.
2019-3-17
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-17 12:45
looks like your drone found the only gap between the trees - close call - huge relief :-)

It was so lucky, I didn't even damage the props.

I control direction with my left thumb and am left handed, I haven't been able to compensate for the drift.

2019-3-17
Use props
ArmandVermeulen
lvl.1

South Africa

My MPP has is drifting as well. Done all calibrations and everything you can possibly do multiple times over the last year, and still it remains. I have discovered that my camera is infact a degree or two to the right when my drone’s body is perfectly straightfoward. So this is probably the issue. If only you could adjust the camera “yaw” in the calibration.

So what you see as straight ahead on the screen, is not 100% straight ahead of the aircraft body. Another issue is a lot of times after flying straight for a distance, when you release the controls it will kind of drift towards the side as it is busy stopping (my brake is set to quite smooth, so it does not stop immediately)
2019-3-19
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Try to calibrate your remote (I don't remeber the exact name) there is one option in the DJI GO app.
Next thing is about height, you could try to turn of your sensors when flying low. If you know what you are doing of course, no offense,
depending on what speed you are flying in, try tripod mode.

Try them in this order to see if it makes any difference

Good luck.
2019-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If it happened with last FW, I would recommend a FW refresh as well as the calibration’s .
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules