Orange Zones
1646 4 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Hi advice please this is where i live(Red) .where i am is approx 6.7 miles from an airport,no fly is 5km approx 3.1 miles so does this mean i still have 3.6 miles to fly in but its making me aware of whats near by ?
Thanks

Zone.jpg
2019-3-17
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

The only accurate way is a chart from your nations aviation department or organization be cause air space isn't a set circle from ground to space.
2019-3-17
Use props
MaineMavick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

The only accurate way is a chart from your nations aviation department or organization because air space isn't a set circle from the ground to space.

All the apps and even the "flysafe database" isn't an accurate record of airspace or where you can legally or safely fly.

If you're within in a few miles of any airport you're flying at your own risk and endangering others if you don't know the elevation of the air space restrictions near it.

You can probably get that info from the airport itself.  
2019-3-17
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

MaineMavick Posted at 3-17 08:19
The only accurate way is a chart from your nations aviation department or organization be cause air space isn't a set circle from ground to space.

Yes i wouldn't do it anyway by any airport ,this is a small airport like Cessna size planes training and normal approach is from the North or south coming in over the sea....so i am no where near it and this has only changed since new rulings by the CAA...

Thanks for your help
2019-3-17
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

If you look the small dot to the right of Lancing in the center is the main NO fly "airport" the Bigger one
around it is the DJI NFZ "no fly zone" The larger Yellow one is the BE carefull flyzone.
You are half in the BE carefull so as long as you don't fly to near Lancing you  should be fine.
Or even fly to the left towards Ferring, Clapham etc and youre OK!
I live 10 miles from Manchester Airport and on the flight path in and out !! Some days
I could prob throw my Mavic and hit one :-)  Fly carefully and all should be ok.
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules