7338 22 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

The most recent March Cumulative Update for Windows 10 has disabled DJI Assistant 2 for some.
The following instructions are to create a bat file and a shortcut to the bat file with admin privlages to install DJI Assistant 2.
In a separate instruction, you will also need to create the bat file and shortcut to run the program.

This is the install fix:
NOTE* you will still need to perform the pervious procedure to get it to run

Lets keep this simple -
1) Copy or Move the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 installer to the root of a flash drive
2) Change the name of the installer to DJI.exe
3) Create a .txt file on the flash drive and name it Install.txt
4) Type in the path to the installer - in my case K:\DJI.exe where "K" id the path of your own flash drive
5) Save the .txt file
6) Change the .txt file to .bat
7) Right click the flash drive window where the other files you were just working with are at and select New then Shortcut
8) Browse to the Install.bat file, click "Next" and then "Finish"
9) Right click the Install.bat - Shortcut and select "Properties"
10) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
11) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"
12) ONLY run the shortcut to the .bat file once

Voilá

This is for if you have installed the program and it does not work after the March Cumulative Updates

Here is the fix:
1) Create a .txt file - I suggest in the DJI folder where the .exe for Assistant is and name it Run DJI Assistant 2
2) Copy YOUR path to DJI Assistant 2 in C:\program Files (x86) and include the DJI Assistant 2.exe
3) Paste to the .txt file
4) Put quotes before the C and after the E
NOTE* My case only your path will vary ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe" )
5) Save .txt file
6) Change .txt file to .bat
7) Right click and "Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut)"
8) Right click the new shortcut and select "Properties"
9) Select "Advanced" on the Shortcut Tab
10) Select "Run as Administrator" checkbox, Click "OK", "Apply" then "OK"
11) Run this shortcut each time you want to start DJI Assistant 2

Double Voilá

2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day pmshop. Thank you for sharing this informative information with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

G'day pmshop,
Thank you for your input.
Unfortunately, your 'fix' does not work for me on the latest preview version of Windows 10.  The window opens, bypassing security, but remains black. Yes I tried the batch file,  admin CMD, even enable the Administrator user & logged in - no luck, same black window.
My Os build is V 1903, 18358.1

Even DJI Media Maker has a similar problem, no need to access Admin mode or account.  Just a black window with no warnings about UAC.  Something is very strange!
I can install/reinstall via admin, but the program does not run. WTF? I am the admin of my own computer! I should have control to bypass 'errors'  once in admin mode.

I dunno, - I programmed in BASIC & C++ & some Pascal  many moons ago. In Windows 7 all works but Windows 10- has increased security (maybe error due to preview versions).
But FRAP & other programs work in Windows 10. without certificates etc. i'm confused.

It seems that DJI software is blocked in general via Windows 10? Why?

2019-3-19
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 3-19 01:28
G'day pmshop,
Thank you for your input.
Unfortunately, your 'fix' does not work for me on the latest preview version of Windows 10.  The window opens, bypassing security, but remains black. Yes I tried the batch file,  admin CMD, even enable the Administrator user & logged in - no luck, same black window.

Are you running the shortcut file that points to the bat file in the 2nd part of the fix?
You have to run that each time you want to start Assistant 2 after the install.
2019-3-19
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

pmshop Posted at 3-19 02:28
Are you running the shortcut file that points to the bat file in the 2nd part of the fix?
You have to run that each time you want to start Assistant 2 after the install.

Mate, I tried via Admin cmd prompt, the batch file as you suggested, relocated files, enabled the Admin account via net user administrator /active:yes or otherwise. Rebooted. Logged in as Administrator, Turned off UAC & all the settings via Defender/Smartscreen etc. Googled for answers - but I will not turn off LUA via registry edits due to base security. I will not 'open' my PC to viruses. Not My problem.  Even DJI Media Maker will not load. Maybe 'cos I'm running the latest preview, but it's a sign of errors from MS of DJI being blocked in general. I can downgrade, but that's not the point. Windows 7 works. DJI Media Maker is also blocked in Windows 10 - so????? I dunno. I just reboot my dual OS into Win 7 & all is OK.
I've ran SFC, DISM etc. Seems like MS has introduced extra security. Even my Seagate software is blocked via the 'new' ransomware settings.  I guess MS stuffed up 'cos I can load other third party apps.  I am running a preview version - so it may be full of bugs. Does not make sense. The same problem with a 'google search' & various sw/drivers no longer works.
I don't blame DJI at the moment, but somebody at Microsoft stuffed up & crippled Windows 10 (March updates).  Why can I run 'home made' software from others without 'certificates', yet major suppliers fail?    Any software from China fails the 'test'. Not me deciding, maybe Microsoft & Mr Trump can explain?   Who's hacking who? If I am the admin of my computer, I have no control, despite my programming & skills - All very backward in my eyes. Anyway, back to Linux & older virtual machines
that work. they can't stuff up. Beware, update Windows 10 & it may be locked down beyond reason. Lucky I have dual boot, backups & I can unplug the internet to avoid drama.
Sorry for ranting, but after a google search, I am not alone.  It's my computer after all - thus I should have control, even if I want to load a virus or seek a hack online, I have no control. This is wrong from MS & wrong if DJI do not satisfy the requirement demanded from MS.  Otherwise, there are a heap of half useless drones & DJI software. Fair go DJI - how old is Windows 10? Fair go MS - it's MY computer & I'll run whatever I want.     Stick to backups & don't upgrade - if it ain't broke don't fix it. Simple!
2019-3-19
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 3-19 03:30
Mate, I tried via Admin cmd prompt, the batch file as you suggested, relocated files, enabled the Admin account via net user administrator /active:yes or otherwise. Rebooted. Logged in as Administrator, Turned off UAC & all the settings via Defender/Smartscreen etc. Googled for answers - but I will not turn off LUA via registry edits due to base security. I will not 'open' my PC to viruses. Not My problem.  Even DJI Media Maker will not load. Maybe 'cos I'm running the latest preview, but it's a sign of errors from MS of DJI being blocked in general. I can downgrade, but that's not the point. Windows 7 works. DJI Media Maker is also blocked in Windows 10 - so????? I dunno. I just reboot my dual OS into Win 7 & all is OK.
I've ran SFC, DISM etc. Seems like MS has introduced extra security. Even my Seagate software is blocked via the 'new' ransomware settings.  I guess MS stuffed up 'cos I can load other third party apps.  I am running a preview version - so it may be full of bugs. Does not make sense. The same problem with a 'google search' & various sw/drivers no longer works.
I don't blame DJI at the moment, but somebody at Microsoft stuffed up & crippled Windows 10 (March updates).  Why can I run 'home made' software from others without 'certificates', yet major suppliers fail?    Any software from China fails the 'test'. Not me deciding, maybe Microsoft & Mr Trump can explain?   Who's hacking who? If I am the admin of my computer, I have no control, despite my programming & skills - All very backward in my eyes. Anyway, back to Linux & older virtual machines

You are making it complicated with your description.
Keep it simple.
The fix is working here
It might be because of the OS preview as I am at 1809 17763.379
I gave up on the darn previews for things like this.

Just roll back to that release and then follow the prompts.
It could also be tweaking around with all those other fixes broke it?

I just tried DJI Media Maker and it works for me without any patches/ bat files

2019-3-19
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Off topic:
Could this be the infamous "unsigned driver" syndrome?

NLD had a similar problem some time ago..

Will somebody confirm?

How-to-guide
2019-3-19
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Haggi Posted at 3-19 06:41
Off topic:
Could this be the infamous "unsigned driver" syndrome?

It is the new (March 2019) Unknown Publisher
2019-3-19
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

pmshop Posted at 3-19 03:40
You are making it complicated with your description.
Keep it simple.
The fix is working here

Sorry for my complicated description. I rushed between explaining that I am using  the latest 'fast lane' Windows 10  'insider' preview & future problems must be resolved .  I have 'my original' Windows 7 as a backup for daily use when Windows 10 previews fails.... l have via a multi-boot setup.  Win 7, Win 10, Linux Ubuntu, or Linux Debian
1) I tried your fix first for pre-installed DJI Assistant  
2)  Followed every direction.
3) A black screen with DJI Assistant  & other DJI  software.
4) I clicked on all the buttons to disable any 'resistance'
5) I enabled & entered admin mode - still a black window.
6) I  booted into Win 7, reinstalled & everything  works.
I did  SFC  & DISM  check on both. Windows 7 & 10.  Fixed a few minor issues , nothing related.
So technically , Microsoft is holding others at ransom for approval via  certificates etc after using SDK's? Backfiire!  Like I said; i'm using a preview version so you may have a different experience.
2019-3-20
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 3-20 00:31
Sorry for my complicated description. I rushed between explaining that I am using  the latest 'fast lane' Windows 10  'insider' preview & future problems must be resolved .  I have 'my original' Windows 7 as a backup for daily use when Windows 10 previews fails.... l have via a multi-boot setup.  Win 7, Win 10, Linux Ubuntu, or Linux Debian
1) I tried your fix first for pre-installed DJI Assistant  
2)  Followed every direction.

That very well could be the deal - the fast lane preview updates.
There should be an option to roll that back.
Or wait until you get that official release then turn previews off?
Should not need to disable "resistance" or enter admin mode as that shortcut does it all.

All I can suggest is to double check that run command in the bat file to make sure that path is correct for your installation.

And btw, DJI Media maker is "not ready for prime time"
Tried it yesterday and got this:

Where as Microsoft ICE did this with the same photos:
2019-3-20
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Thank you pmshop.

I have since discovered your 'fix' was working when I tried, however I could not see anything but a black window.
My HP DV6 laptop originally came with Windows 7 & has switchable graphics - programs can use either the power saving Intel GPU built into the CPU or use the high performance ATI/AMD GPU.
Windows 10 does not always support older switchable graphics drivers & programs correctly.
DJI Assistant 2 runs another program called DJIBrowser.exe. I changed it to use the power saving GPU & I can now see the DJI Assistant 2 window correctly. Also changed DJI Media Maker & it also now works.
Strange, as I never had this problem with Windows 10 & DJI Assistant 2 in the past.  Maybe the video drivers changed/updated when Windows 10 updated recently. Anyway, my video driver issue is not the topic.

I found in another forum (maybe another site - I forget after many searches) another fix for "DJI Assistant 2" & the 'this app has been blocked...'  problem. The trick is to 'Unsign' the installation file & then DJI Assistant 2 executable.

If DJI Assistant is already installed:
1. Download a program called FileUnsigner from  https://www.fluxbytes.com/software-releases/fileunsigner-v1-0/
2. Extract FileUnsigner.rar  to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2"  or similar with 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip or similar.
3. Open the "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2" or similar  folder in windows explorer
4. Right click on "FileUnsigner.exe" & select Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as an administrator
5. Drag the "DJI Assistant 2.exe" icon onto the "FileUnsigner.exe" icon
6. Problem should be now fixed - run DJI Assistant 2 as normal. No need for admin.

If DJI Assistant is not already installed, a similar process can be used on both the installation file & the final program file.
Just change directories/folders & file names as required.
Admin mode for FileUnsigner maybe only be required for 'protected' folders. Eg c:\Program Files* . Otherwise move the 'DJI Assistant 2.exe' file away from the Program Files to an 'unprotected' folder (USB drive, desktop, download folder etc) then unsign & move back. Accept admin permissions if required when moving back into 'protected' folders.
Or complete via an admin CMD prompt instead of Windows Explorer.

Otherwise download this unsigned installer:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdz4il ... -Installer.exe?dl=0
And then copy this unsigned exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2" or similar:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57viyt ... -%20V1.2.4.exe?dl=0

DJI have released new versions of  DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2, Phantom, Matrice, MG, Battery Station, AeroScope & AutoPilot in the last week for Windows 10.

This does not help Spark owners as DJI have discontinued updates (????) . https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
DJI forgot about Spark owners?  

Please explain DJI Admins.

2019-3-22
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 3-22 01:23
Thank you pmshop.

I have since discovered your 'fix' was working when I tried, however I could not see anything but a black window.

DJI have provided an update to DJI Assistant 2 - V 1.2.5.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.5.exe
or
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.5.zip

DJI Assistant 2 Release Notes
© 2016 DJI. All Rights Reserved.
What’s new:
【General】
1. Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems.
Date : Mar.27th 2019 DJI Assistant 2 : v 1.2.5

Thank you DJI.
2019-3-31
Use props
fans24f447d2
New

Taiwan

pmshop Posted at 3-19 13:54
[view_image]

2019-6-24
Use props
fans24f447d2
New

Taiwan

pmshop Posted at 3-19 13:54
[view_image]

2019-6-24
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

I've been trying FOREVER to get the DJI Assitant 2 to work, but no love. I'm running Win 7 Pro and this didn't work for me. (installed version) Will uninstall AGAIN, reboot and try the 1st one and report back.

UPDATE: That didn't work either. After the install (w/driver signatures off, firewall off & AV off), I opended the Assistant @ by clicking the icon in Start Menu (Windows 7 Pro) and nothing happens, just like EVERY TIME BEFORE!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!!
So I have tried everything, install in safemode, disabling everything and every combination thereafter and NOTHING WORKS!!!

DJI GET YOUR ... TOGETHER!
2019-8-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-17 12:46
I've been trying FOREVER to get the DJI Assitant 2 to work, but no love. I'm running Win 7 Pro and this didn't work for me. (installed version) Will uninstall AGAIN, reboot and try the 1st one and report back.

UPDATE: That didn't work either. After the install (w/driver signatures off, firewall off & AV off), I opended the Assistant @ by clicking the icon in Start Menu (Windows 7 Pro) and nothing happens, just like EVERY TIME BEFORE!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Have you downloaded the latest DJI Assistant?
They fixed it March 27 with DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.5
2019-8-17
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
United States

pmshop Posted at 8-17 14:36
Have you downloaded the latest DJI Assistant?
They fixed it March 27 with DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.5

Yes, this is the last file I've tried to install: DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.8.exe
2019-8-18
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-18 10:18
Yes, this is the last file I've tried to install: DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.8.exe

Incorrect file
You have a Spark, right?

This one
https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2019-8-19
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
United States

pmshop Posted at 8-19 03:16
Incorrect file
You have a Spark, right?

Not any more, traded it for a Mavic Pro. This is the file DJI Support told me to download for the Mavic. But it won't load. Tried everything to install  it properly, but no luv! I also tried:
DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8).exe
and
DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.5.exe

They didn't work either!
2019-8-19
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-19 09:39
Not any more, traded it for a Mavic Pro. This is the file DJI Support told me to download for the Mavic. But it won't load. Tried everything to install  it properly, but no luv! I also tried:
DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8).exe
and

I hate to say but this should be posted in the Mavic Pro section.
They might have suggestions there after you post.
I would link this thread saying it is similar to what is going on here.
2019-8-20
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
United States

pmshop Posted at 8-20 02:45
I hate to say but this should be posted in the Mavic Pro section.
They might have suggestions there after you post.
I would link this thread saying it is similar to what is going on here.

Opps!  I thought the Assistant 2 was the Assistant 2, but I will post in the Mavic Assistant 2 thread if there is one. Thanks!
2019-8-21
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wanbli Posted at 8-21 11:42
Opps!  I thought the Assistant 2 was the Assistant 2, but I will post in the Mavic Assistant 2 thread if there is one. Thanks!

No problem.
Also remember 1903 and  a few cumulative updates may have been released and installed since you tried last.

That may be the cause of your version issue?
The guys at Mavic Pro thread will know.
2019-8-21
Use props
trek520
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6152 ft
United States

I was able to get DJI Assistant to recognize my Mini 2 by doing the following:
1) Edit C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\Drivers\Drivers_Win10\DriverSetup64.bat     (your path may be different)
     - change all instances of %windir%\Sysnative\pnputil to %windir%\System32\pnputil  (basically, it had the wrong directory for my system - make sure you have a path that points to a pnputil executable)
2) In Device Manager, with your device connected, find your device under Disk Drives or Portable Devices and remove it.
3) Reboot computer (not sure if this is necessary, but probably a good idea)
4) Open a command window, change directory to the location of the DriverSetup64.bat file that you edited. run "DriverSetup64.bat"
5) Look at the output from DriverSetup64.bat.  Any drivers that did not install okay, try again in File Explorer by going into the respective subdirectory, right clicking on the 'Setup Information' file and
    selecting 'install'.  A couple drivers didn't install, but that didn't seem to be a problem (so far).
6) Reboot your computer. Hopefully it works now (no promises).

That said, DJI Assistant recognizes my drone now, but so far, I'm only getting the Log Export tab/page in Assistant.
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules