Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible solution to have both Mic and wireless adapter working
4651 12 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't need mobility. There might be hope but it will be a mess of adapter and cables. I'm going to try this setup once I get my Mic adapter.

USB-C mini Hub connected to the OP

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB-3.0 to USB-C data adapter from the hub

Connect the mic adapter to one and use an USB-C extension cable to connect the wireless adapter to the other.

And if you need charging, connect you current charge cable to the USB-C input on the HUB.

No idea if this will work but I should have all the parts on Mar 20th except mic adapter which won't be here till Mar27th. If anyone is have the mic adapter in the San Jose, CA area and willing to get together later part of next week. We should know rightaway otherwise, I'll report back once I got everything.
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Wiz33. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. We will be waiting for the result of the test that you will be making and thank you for your support.
2019-3-17
Use props
djiuser_9u6obdBKDHKx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 10:36
Hello and good day Wiz33. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. We will be waiting for the result of the test that you will be making and thank you for your support.

Don't you think you should be able to look at his plan, consult your illustrious group of engineers and be able to confidently state one way or the other whether this mans idea will work? Good business practices should be proactive, not reactive. The fact that you have put very little forethought into this device and how all the "accessories" can't be used in conjunction leads me to believe that you have to many hands mixing a pot.
2019-3-18
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Should have all the parts except the Mic adapter later today. Should at less find out if the wireless adapter will work through the USB hub. Will report back.
2019-3-20
Use props
fansffc95236
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 3-20 07:30
Should have all the parts except the Mic adapter later today. Should at less find out if the wireless adapter will work through the USB hub. Will report back.

Please let us know how ?
2019-5-26
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to report that after many different attempts using varies cable and connector/adapter. Things just did not work out. While I can sometime detect the Wifi Adapter, it just will not connect. I think I manage to got the Mic adapter working once througt some combo but being unable to connect to the Wifi adapter, there's just no point.
2019-5-27
Use props
djiuser_t05QSmcjEWDP
New
Russia

problem with 3.5 adapter is solved by mister nianeko
find a video on YouTube : "Modification of Osmo Pocket Wifi Module Power Port for Mic Adapter"

I am ready to buy one for any money)
I still have an idea - mount a 3.5 adapter in a wireless module
I can develop a new case for the wifi module. Speaking more precisely, I can modify the wireless module by increasing it from below
As I understand it, DJI support is not going to solve this problem.
If you are interested in solving this problem - write to me, let's solve it together.
2019-7-22
Use props
DataSphinx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809426 ft
  • >>>
Curaçao

djiuser_t05QSmcjEWDP Posted at 7-22 03:35
problem with 3.5 adapter is solved by mister nianeko
find a video on YouTube : "Modification of Osmo Pocket Wifi Module Power Port for Mic Adapter"

Do you know if Mister Nianeko is selling his mods?
I really need one.
2019-8-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DataSphinx Posted at 8-8 12:10
Do you know if Mister Nianeko is selling his mods?
I really need one.

I think they are only intellectual problems for him to solve. He states he is not interested in making anything for anyone. The videos are very explanatory to anyone wanting to have a go for themselves and can do a bit of soldering.
2019-8-8
Use props
Lostintime2009
lvl.1

United States

DJI need to fix this! Update your WiFi module! We want to connect our own mics from it!
2019-8-17
Use props
djiuser_4gTutnakO12b
New

@DJI -

It is inconceivable to me that after purchasing soo many ridiculous accessories to do one simple job, now the wifi adapter is unable to run audio through it!? C'mon man!! Figure this out! At best, I'm hoping there is a simple firmware update you can do and, at worst, made a module that Basement Larry doesn't have to solder together... UNBELIEVABLE!!!
2019-9-16
Use props
Tonka9
New
Flight distance : 4114 ft
United States

Ok, watching the video.  If the reasoning behind the mic adapter not being recognized by the "OP ID System" is because it's short of the range, could DJI not release a firmware update to have it look for 10k-25k instead of 15k-25k?  
2020-1-20
Use props
Vade Mecum
New

United States

This is insane.  I keep dumping money into the pocket to get accessories and it still can’t be wireless and accept a mic at the same time? It’s like every step I take to get the setup I need to record live music, there’s another step. And each time the step gets more janky and odd.
2020-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules