First Flight Mavic 2 Pro - Close Call
950 11 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GUuIWZu0qdHp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 309006 ft
United States

Vidieo of a close call with a Jet.  I can't believe I captured this the first day flying the Mavic 2 Pro.  

2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. That was close!  What you captured is definitely astounding.  Just be wary of your surroundings as you may be too indulge in capturing the moment. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice place for the first flight.
2019-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh boy. Too close for comfort....
2019-3-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-3-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thats was close, thanks for sharing!
2019-3-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum mate! Happy flying!
2019-3-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job on staying alert and losing altitude when you heard it.  This is a good reminder of why it’s important to observe reasonable and legal altitudes.  

Having said that, I’m guessing that plane was probably at least 3000ft and maybe even around 5000ft high when it passed over. It looks like that park is just shy of 10 miles from BWI and not far off of a direct line from one of their runways.  I’m guessing if you fly in that area frequently, you’ll see more of the same.  It may not be a bad idea to check out the FlightRadar24 app and occasionally observe the flight patterns and altitudes of planes coming over that area.  

Thanks for sharing the video.
2019-3-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool, thanks for sharing
2019-3-19
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum buddy
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_GUuIWZu0qdHp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 309006 ft
United States

Thanks for the warm welcome to the group.

I think that the FlightRadar24 app is a good suggestion.  I appreciate that info.

This is my first drone.   I took the Mavic 2 Pro out a couple more times this week-  I'm beyond feeling confident that it is a very well engineered product. It is easy to fly - Now I just need to learn how to fly it better and challenge myself accordingly with safety first.   

Also, just started learning how to use iMovie on my MacBook pro and how-to set the camera up manually for filming and waiting on ND/PL filters from Sandmarc. That was the first video that I made on iMovie.

2019-3-20
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Nicely done, fly safe
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules