Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Temporary Restricted Area showing all the time and is Opaque
1220 6 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nwhit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

FINALLY! Figured this out. DJI has put a temporary Restricted Zone around a MLB field in San Diego for all of the games this season, leaving it showing 100% of the time, even when no games are going on.

PLUS they made it opaque blue so you cannot see anything under it for the roughly 5 mile radius out from the ball field.

They need to fix this ASAP. Otherwise every drone flyer in this market is screwed if they need map reference!

Erroneous Restricted Zone Graphic

Erroneous Restricted Zone Graphic
2019-3-17
Use props
nwhit
lvl.4
United States

Also very strange that a rather small ballgame would have a 5-mile radius blocked out. Never seen that before for a small sports event. That has to also be a mistake. Restricted over the ballpark during a game, yes, but not a 5-mile "permanent" radius, even when the park is empty!
2019-3-17
Use props
nwhit
lvl.4
United States

Funny! Last evening it disappeared for an hour or so, but, sadly is back today. This "incorrect" Blue Zone does not show in Litchi, so it is highly likely DJI is feeding this erroneous 5-mile, season-long ballpark opaque Blue zone. Needs to be fixed! And, yes, I have checked and updated the Flysafe firmware.
2019-3-18
Use props
nwhit
lvl.4
United States

This same error appears to now be all over the USA at Major League Baseball stadiums. Completely opaque 5-mile blue authorization zones totally blocking the use of the map. And it appears this will be blocked for the entire season!

How can there be authorization zones in effect for 5 miles out and when no games are being played?

And when will DJI fix the opaque blue so that customers can fly their expensive drones in otherwise flyable areas?
2019-3-19
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I found this out a couple of weeks ago as well.  If you click on the circle, you will see it is actually 81 separate temporary authorization zones with each one having a duration of 6 hours each that coincides with the home games for that stadium.  Because there are 81 separate translucent circles stacked on each other, they end up looking solid and can't see through them.  I believe they start 1 hour before game time, but my time zone translations may be incorrect.  I also agree that this not good and needs to be fixed.
2019-3-19
Use props
nwhit
lvl.4
United States

I received another email from flysafe stating that they are working on it, but not sure why they cannot just turn them all off for now until they resolve the problem. The zones are not in effect until MLB starts, so no real reason they can't just shut them off for now. Until then, can't fly since I live and fly within this faulty zone.
2019-3-21
Use props
nwhit
lvl.4
United States

I keep getting emails from DJI asking if I am happy with their service, to which I keep responding that NOTHING has been done! The future baseball games are still shown as 80+ Authorization zones stacked, so nothing on the map for the entire downtown area can be seen!

Sadly, THESE ARE FUTURE, SHORT-TERM EVENTS!!!  They should NOT be showing now for events that are months away, and should NOT be blocking all map detail. DJI should turn these off until they can fix their problem and let us fly!
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules