Spark only hovers
2020 5 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

My new DJI Spark goes through my Wi-Fi so all updates are in but when I take it off it goes about five feet high and just hovers there's nothing I can do to make it fly With Me controlling it what am I doing wrong
2019-3-17
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

Spark only hovers

My new spark is in working order and connected through my Wi-Fi and responds to take offs etcetera the problem is once it takes off it hovers around 5 feet and I can't make it move anywhere with the controllers what am I missing thanks David
2019-3-17
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Are you using the controller to make the takeoff??? Or the app???  It might be that the RC is not tied (binded) to the Spark...that you're making an app takeoff and only the app toggle controls will move your Spark.   For some reason the toggles on the RC are not working...if the Red light is still illuminated on the RC, your RC is not talking to the Spark.
2019-3-17
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Are you sure your RC is connected to the AC?
Please note that the RC and AC should be paired, indicated by the red LED of the RC turning green and your mobile device should be connected to your RC by either WiFi or an OTG cable. By the looks of it, it seems you have your mobile device connected directly to your AC via WiFi. And I assume you are using the take-off icon on the app. So the AC is simply hovering after take-off but has no response to RC inputs.

If my guess above is correct, you need to do this.
1. Turn on remote & Spark.
2. Press and hold button on Spark's battery for about 3 secs until you hear a beep. The front LEDs on the Spark should be red and blinking.
3. Press and hold the pause, Fn, and Control button on the remote. It will start beeping. When it manages to pair itself to the Spark, the front LEDs will be green and the small LED on the remote will also be green.

Once you have paired the RC and Spark, connect your phone to the RC via WiFi.
The WiFi SSID will be something like Spark-RCxxxxxx and the password will be 12341234 by default.

Now launch DJIGo4 app. Take-off like you have done before and see if the RC is working.
Have a safe flight. Cheers.
2019-3-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Your Spark has a Spark....-wifi, the RC has a Spark.... wifi
Check which one you are connected to, like already mentioned.
Do you see virtual sticks on your phones display?

2019-3-17
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Are you connected to the controller?
Maybe the joysticks are broken.
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now