Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Crashed - Now No Video, Gimbal, or GPS!
1175 4 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VFXSeb
lvl.1
Colombia

Hello all!

Have been looking through thee forums for some similar issues but did not find any solution - will probably have to send unit in for evaluation/repair but was hoping a software/DIY fix would do something.
2019-3-17
Use props
VFXSeb
lvl.1
Colombia

Sorry - did not finish writing post:

Was flying my Spark ("Chispita") in the mountains of Colombia when a gust of wind (read: user error) took me into a tall, hard eucalyptus tree and caused a crash.  Front left arm cracked a bit from body and caused top cover of drone to pop off a bit, ND filter came off the camera (luckily found this), but no visible damage to gimbal or camera, everything there still attached and not a scratch on the lens or sensors.

I popped the cover back on and the arm is still very much secure, post-crash test flight shows no issues with hovering in place or maneuvering the Spark, but DJI Go 4 app was showing no GPS connection, "no SD card", not able to switch from picture to video, and no gimbal movement.

Re-installed DJI Go app to see if this would help, it fixed the "no SD Card" issue as that went away but I still have ZERO gimbal movement, camera cannot be adjusted in any way, manual ISO and exposure, etc settings will not adjust - revert back to default.  Video feed is blank, but no actual error messages on screen like other users are talking about.

I was going to visit a DJI drone repair shop in Bogota tomorrow but was seeing if anybody here had any idea what this could be.  I am thinking (in my limited knowledge of these devices) that the crash caused GPS antenna or sensor to disconnect/malfunction as well as some connection to the gimbal/camera setup as this cannot move at all and seems to not even register as being part of the drone.  

Also, to top it all off I unfortunately do not have DJI Care so am out of luck there - any repair would be out-of-pocket.

First overseas trip with my drone brought me my first crash - and now I have to miss out on many great aerial video opportunities - so any and all advice would be appreciated, thanks!

-Sebastian
2019-3-17
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

VFXSeb Posted at 3-17 19:40
Sorry - did not finish writing post:

Was flying my Spark ("Chispita") in the mountains of Colombia when a gust of wind (read: user error) took me into a tall, hard eucalyptus tree and caused a crash.  Front left arm cracked a bit from body and caused top cover of drone to pop off a bit, ND filter came off the camera (luckily found this), but no visible damage to gimbal or camera, everything there still attached and not a scratch on the lens or sensors.

Contact your insurance company..

Utilise your contents insurance for accidental damage..

End if the story is .. it’s yours contents, it was a accident .. should be a non issue
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day VFXSeb. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our support for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-3-18
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

You probably damaged the inside components of the drone so you should consider getting a new drone.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules