Spark RC Right Joystick Not Working
3384 12 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse8623474
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys, so my first adventure with DJI SPARK is a bit of dissapointment.
For some reason right stick on thr RC is dead. All other functions are working fine.

I have tried:

-connecting via wifi or otg
-reseting controller
-trying to calibrate it but due to right stick being dead its impossible
-software is up to date

Thank you for your hel and time.

2019-3-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Sounds like a RC warranty case. Contact DJI or the seller.
And for the time being, fly it carefully just with the phone?
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the troubles that it may cause and to know  your DJI Spark remote controller's right stick is not working. Since this issue is happening. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2019-3-18
Use props
Shanep1
lvl.1

India

Facing similar issues with mine too, how to fix it? if someone can help it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Shane.
2019-3-18
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

After reseting AC and RC, also reinstalling APP I have manged to have it working, unfortunately just for few minutes. After switching it back on couple of hours later, right joyistick dead again.
After such a experience I think about returning it, I dont trust it anymore.
2019-3-18
Use props
Shanep1
lvl.1

India

Shanep1 Posted at 3-18 09:58
Facing similar issues with mine too, how to fix it? if someone can help it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Got a gimp refund as it started to that after freejobalert a week so no issues.

Regards,
Shane.

2019-3-20
Use props
Phil Mavis
New
Flight distance : 21175 ft
Bahamas

I'm very frustrated as this is exactly what has happened to me.  Not many flights with this SPARK and it's never been dropped or mishandled and I carry it in a foam lined case.  I'm now in the Bahamas where I hoped to fly my drone a lot and I fear I won't be able to have this issue resolved prior to ending my cruising season.

Left stick calibrates fine.  Right stick barely registers any movement so calibration is impossible.  All firmware is up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.
2019-3-20
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Phil Mavis Posted at 3-20 16:33
I'm very frustrated as this is exactly what has happened to me.  Not many flights with this SPARK and it's never been dropped or mishandled and I carry it in a foam lined case.  I'm now in the Bahamas where I hoped to fly my drone a lot and I fear I won't be able to have this issue resolved prior to ending my cruising season.

Left stick calibrates fine.  Right stick barely registers any movement so calibration is impossible.  All firmware is up to date.

I know the feeling, I was going to take mine for snowbaording trip, even took a day off just for that, instead of going I have spent all day reading manuals again and trying to find the solution.
Already sent mine back to repair, I dont feel that is a right thing to repair a brand new thing.
I hope it will be resolved but I cannot say that I'm happy with DJI product.
2019-3-21
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here is the video of it, trying to calibrate it.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ag-bJFQonkSLgS7_VvwAVCL6CM5M[url]
2019-3-21
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Probably the joystick is broken, try getting a new controller to see if that will work.
2019-4-2
Use props
B10K PlaysGames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8084846 ft
United States

If i were you, i would just buy a new controller because DJI will just force you to send in your controller. DJI just wants your money and they can make more money off of you if they repair it VS you repairing it yourself that's why you cant fix your own DJI Products and you have to get your a** (Unnecessary censoring) wiped by dji lmao
2019-4-3
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
United Kingdom

B10K PlaysGames Posted at 4-3 20:42
If i were you, i would just buy a new controller because DJI will just force you to send in your controller. DJI just wants your money and they can make more money off of you if they repair it VS you repairing it yourself that's why you cant fix your own DJI Products and you have to get your a** (Unnecessary censoring) wiped by dji lmao

As you said, they told me to send it back to Holland, fortunately it was free of charge to fix it. I still feel very disappointed, it was a brand new product, I was going for snowboarding trip and that was one of the reasons why I decided to buy it, waste of time and money. It looks like they customer service is similar to the quality of their products-rubbish.
2019-4-4
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 4-4 23:28
As you said, they told me to send it back to Holland, fortunately it was free of charge to fix it. I still feel very disappointed, it was a brand new product, I was going for snowboarding trip and that was one of the reasons why I decided to buy it, waste of time and money. It looks like they customer service is similar to the quality of their products-rubbish.

imo i wouldnt say they are rubbish, they work amazingly when they arent malfuntioning, but yes, they are rubbish when they malfunction, and customer support is also rubbish. Cant feel for you though, ive never had a malfunction with any of my products, but i dread the day when i crash my drone or something breaks, because then ill have to deal with the dreaded customer support...
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules