Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zoom Speed Very Slow With Sony A6500
2146 8 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacques_eloff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2474974 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, hoping for some help here:

I'm enjoying my new Ronin S with Sony A6500 and 18-200mm zoom. However, I noticed that the zoom feature is not really usable as it is just too slow. For example, I have to turn the wheel more than 20 times to go from 18mm to 200mm which takes far too long. Is this just a temporary issue until Sony and DJI sort things out? For example, I noticed that the latest firmware update includes fixes for Nikon and Canon interface, etc. Can we expect Sony to zoom issue to be resolved?

Thanks,
Jacques
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jacques, we have added the option to set zoom speed for Sony cameras in the firmware V1.6.0.50 with the Ronin APP 1.1.6 or later, did you adjust the zoom speed in the APP--Create--Camera? GTScreenshot_20190325_142740.png
2019-3-24
Use props
jacques_eloff
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-24 22:28
Hi Jacques, we have added the option to set zoom speed for Sony cameras in the firmware V1.6.0.50 with the Ronin APP 1.1.6 or later, did you adjust the zoom speed in the APP--Create--Camera?[view_image]

Fantastic, thanks DJI Mindy! I did not know it was there already.

Much appreciated!

Jacques
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jacques_eloff Posted at 3-25 04:51
Fantastic, thanks DJI Mindy! I did not know it was there already.

Much appreciated!

You are welcome, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2019-3-25
Use props
jacques_eloff
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-25 20:30
You are welcome, please let us know if you have any further concern.

Hi DJI Mindy, I seem to have this problem again after the latest firmware update on my Ronin-S.
The zoom function is very slow on my Sony A6500, so I went into the App > Create > Camera Settings but I don't seem to have any options to change zoom speed. I have pasted a screenshot from the App to show you. I cannot click on anything on this screen, it is just dead.

I am running firmware version 1.9.0.80 and App version is 1.2.2(126)

Please can you advise?

Many thanks,
Jacques

2019-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jacques_eloff Posted at 9-15 09:43
Hi DJI Mindy, I seem to have this problem again after the latest firmware update on my Ronin-S.
The zoom function is very slow on my Sony A6500, so I went into the App > Create > Camera Settings but I don't seem to have any options to change zoom speed. I have pasted a screenshot from the App to show you. I cannot click on anything on this screen, it is just dead.

Hi Jacques, the Zoom Speed Option should still be there, what cable are you using?
2019-9-16
Use props
jacques_eloff
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-16 00:08
Hi Jacques, the Zoom Speed Option should still be there, what cable are you using?

Hi DJI Mindy, thanks for your speedy reply. To confirm, I am using this cable https://www.heliguy.com/dji-roni ... -multi-p5346/s5912. I have just rolled back the firmware to the previous version (V1.8.0.70) and now have the faster zoom available. See screenshot from the app below.

So, I can only thing this is an issue with the latest firmware. Can you check with your developers?

Thanks,
Jacques

2019-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jacques_eloff Posted at 9-16 03:05
Hi DJI Mindy, thanks for your speedy reply. To confirm, I am using this cable https://www.heliguy.com/dji-roni ... -multi-p5346/s5912. I have just rolled back the firmware to the previous version (V1.8.0.70) and now have the faster zoom available. See screenshot from the app below.

[view_image]

Thanks for your feedback, I will forward to our engineers for further verification and come back to you soon.
2019-9-17
Use props
jacques_eloff
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hi DJI Mindy, just to confirm all is sorted now in the latest firmware version. In fact is even better now, as there are settings for zoom speed from 1 to 100.
2019-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules