Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FLIGHT SIMULATOR - Virus?
12997 39 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 227470 ft
Spain

I need help with your Flight Simulator. I downloaded yesterday the  Free Trial Version and installed it.

Then when I try to use it, after about 10 seconds of nothing happening or showing in the screen I got a message from McAfee antivirus indicating that it had stop and quarantined the dji_fs.exe file because it had detected a virus on the file.

DJI can you check on this?

2019-3-18
Use props
Marcel22
lvl.1
France

I just have TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen detected by AVIRA in  dji flight simulator
2019-3-18
Use props
gillen
lvl.1
Italy

Hi to everyone, I'm new to the forum, I downloaded today the  Free Trial Version and installed it.
I tried install into two different PC with windows 10 with two different antivirus McAfee and Windows Defender. Both detected trojan inside. I download from your site.

Thank You
gillen
2019-3-20
Use props
B-C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38064 ft
United States

Threat:     Trojan.GenericKD.41117264
Category:   Virus.Generic
Severity:   Severe Risk
Action:     Quarantined

Traces Found:

File:          C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\DJI_FS.exe

I've gone ahead and allowed on the client system but we'll see what happens next!
2019-3-20
Use props
rosaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7799 ft
Spain

Hi,

The same here. Windows defender is detecting virus directly while downloading the installer, so I can not make a new installation.
The simul was running in a older version but is required me to update. Once I proceeded updating the DJI software the process get interrupted while trying to install the downloaded update.

DJI is not going to answer?
Is it really risky or just a false positive?
2019-3-22
Use props
fans2579a361
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187162 ft
Spain

The same for me. Two virus detected from windows defender when I have updated DJI flight simulator
2019-3-23
Use props
fans5d48a10d
Flight distance : 10804 ft

United States

Any answers to this issue? I have the same problem! The DJI Flight Simulator update and download are infected with Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B
2019-4-2
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

rosaos Posted at 3-22 11:09
Hi,

The same here. Windows defender is detecting virus directly while downloading the installer, so I can not make a new installation.

Apparently no one is going to help us with this issue.

2019-4-9
Use props
johnrod.labalan
lvl.1

Philippines

I am having the same problem. It is detected as ransomware by avast resulting into file error 500_000.
2019-4-18
Use props
N Quarter
lvl.1
Australia

Yup same... Anti-Virus deletes the File before I even have a chance to allow it. I love how the Tech Support do nothing to try and help this issue...
2019-4-21
Use props
DTFoto
New
Flight distance : 203671 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, getting a virus report and Mcafee deletes it before it can run. I'm not sure whether to trust the software or not for now, anyone know if this will be safe to use, is it erroneous or is it an actual virus?
2019-4-26
Use props
ANON-1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 432484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish DJI would be professional and   respond on this  security issue.  I had to delete the application due to no response.
2019-4-27
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

hmm......  this is interesting. It could be a false positive. Or it could be the server is compromised and its a real virus. It has happened many times before. Last one was huge for ASUS. HAcker got inside the server and replaced their update file with a virus and signed it as official ASUS and millions got infected. DJI needs to respond....
2019-4-27
Use props
Rickeye
New
Flight distance : 4954 ft
United States

Ditto for me also,  McAfee won't allow.  Nothing on YouTube about this issue yet.
2019-4-27
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

was about to download this after having just found out it existed. its a real challenge to fly here in LA legally just to train/practice and this would have been a good way to keep my skills fresh. ill wait until DJI respond before installing...
2019-4-27
Use props
DieselSLC
Flight distance : 10804 ft

United States

@marctronixx, I think it will be a long wait. I have the last three versions of this sim downloaded directly from dji, they all pop positive for Trojan's on virustotal.com. I have reached out to dji in every way I can find, but as of today they have yet to respond. The closest I have got to a response  is a private message from a forum moderator tell me it's a "false positive".
2019-4-28
Use props
RIMC1234
lvl.4
Spain

DieselSLC Posted at 4-28 10:15
@marctronixx, I think it will be a long wait. I have the last three versions of this sim downloaded directly from dji, they all pop positive for Trojan's on virustotal.com. I have reached out to dji in every way I can find, but as of today they have yet to respond. The closest I have got to a response  is a private message from a forum moderator tell me it's a "false positive".

Thanks for your feedback. Must probably true that is a false positive, but a reply or confirmation would have been better. I understand that there is a way to submit the file to one of the antivirus developer houses and they can evaluate if it is a real false positive. Does anyone know how to do this?

2019-4-30
Use props
Inspireart
United States

The fact that all these different Malware and virus softwares are finding this makes me think that it is real. Webroot stopped the program and identified it. I am concerned because I have used it pretty extensively.the last several days. What sucks is that I updated my video card specially for this application. 250 bucks spent for nothing.  

This apparently has been going on for several months any updates from DJI?
2019-5-3
Use props
Decebalus
Captain
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

I also upgraded my video card specially for this application .. was about to instal the app (when i saw this post). Pause for the moment, until a replay from DJI
2019-5-4
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

Same for me, Web-roots quarantined the .exe file
2019-5-15
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

rosaos Posted at 3-22 11:09
Hi,

The installer itself is " AN INFECTION " ... Check this report :
DJI FS installer Analisys

Just be patient scrolling into it
2019-5-23
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

Inspireart Posted at 5-3 14:53
The fact that all these different Malware and virus softwares are finding this makes me think that it is real. Webroot stopped the program and identified it. I am concerned because I have used it pretty extensively.the last several days. What sucks is that I updated my video card specially for this application. 250 bucks spent for nothing.  

This apparently has been going on for several months any updates from DJI? [view_image]

DJI knows what they INTENTIONALLY did Their silence speaks loudly
2019-5-23
Use props
icemann0
lvl.1

United States

Yeah but we spent good money on this and it dosen't bode well for any upgrade to the full version for me when I can't even preview it. Come on DJI, fix this please.
2019-5-23
Use props
Inspireart
United States

icemann0 Posted at 5-23 12:53
Yeah but we spent good money on this and it dosen't bode well for any upgrade to the full version for me when I can't even preview it. Come on DJI, fix this please.

I am in the process of making a youtube video on this subject. I understand that the DJI Assistant for Windows has this same problem. I only run DJI Assistant om my Mac. Still silence and crickets from DJI. I too was a candidate for the Enterprise Version. NOT IMPRESSED.!
2019-5-26
Use props
Loren Loh
New

United States

Inspireart Posted at 5-26 08:28
I am in the process of making a youtube video on this subject. I understand that the DJI Assistant for Windows has this same problem. I only run DJI Assistant om my Mac. Still silence and crickets from DJI. I too was a candidate for the Enterprise Version. NOT IMPRESSED.!

I tried both google chrome and firefox, both flagged the download.   -  Internet Explorer did not flag the download, installer download.  I right clicked and ran as administrator and it installed.  I'm now waiting for the full 3GB to download...
2019-5-26
Use props
Marcenger
New

France

The same here, in France. I've downloaded DJI flight simulator but Kapersky AV warned me that there's a dangerous virus inside it. I've read all your comments and I'm very upset !! Why DJI did'nt respond in any way ? It's really weird. I was very interested by this simulator and I'd bought a new PC for use it. I can do now anything but wait until this issue will be resolved....Grrrrr
2019-5-27
Use props
Marcenger
New

France

The same here, in France. I've downloaded DJI flight simulator but Kapersky AV warned me that there's a dangerous virus inside it. I've read all your comments and I'm very upset !! Why DJI did'nt respond in any way ? It's really weird. I was very interested by this simulator and I'd bought a new PC for use it. I can't do now nothing but wait until this issue will be resolved....Grrrrr
2019-5-27
Use props
icemann0
lvl.1

United States

Marcenger Posted at 5-27 12:11
The same here, in France. I've downloaded DJI flight simulator but Kapersky AV warned me that there's a dangerous virus inside it. I've read all your comments and I'm very upset !! Why DJI did'nt respond in any way ? It's really weird. I was very interested by this simulator and I'd bought a new PC for use it. I can't do now nothing but wait until this issue will be resolved....Grrrrr

You can all forget it. This has been going on for awhile and it's obvious that DJI is not going to support this product. That's a real shame because I can't see how they will be able to sell the Enterprise upgrade when we can't even use the preview version. I'm guessing they don't have any tech's in house that can debug and solve the problem and don't want to spend the money to outside source to fix it. VERY disappointed in DJI.
2019-5-28
Use props
Sean-newbie
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firefox wouldn't even let me save it. :-[
2019-6-4
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Chrome would not save the downloaded installer.  Internet Explorer downloaded and saved the file.  Ran it and it downloaded the main program.  Newest version of FS is now running on my system.  No virus warnings from Symantec Endpoint Protection with the latest definitions.  Manually scanned DJIFlightSimulatorLauncher.exe before posting here and Symantec says the file is clean.
2019-6-19
Use props
WKDSide

United Kingdom

I cant even get it downloaded
2019-6-22
Use props
dod888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36673 ft
Indonesia

Is there any update about this problem?
I got same reply and Chrome blocked it.
Is this real threat to us?
What is the answer from DJI?
2019-7-27
Use props
fans97fe931d
lvl.1

You need to install the program in the Program Files and not the Program Files x86 the program is 32 bit not 64
2019-9-8
Use props
_danilo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275646 ft

I have installed it couple a days ago and I had no any warnings by Windows Defender...not that it is a relay able protection
2019-9-9
Use props
Event.Horizon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6542 ft
United States

So here we are in 2020, and still no response form DJi on this?  I have DA2 installed in order to do drone calibrations, recently on a standard compatibility run by my OS (I'm a Windows Insider and Windows 10 routinely scans apps for compatibility prior to a new track release).

Infected object: VisionStarter2.exe
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic\DJIEngine\VisionStarter2.exe

VisionStarter2.exe actively attached itself to the compatibility scanner and triggered my AV as well.

Infected process:
[4464] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CompatTelRunner.exe'

That's a pretty aggressive behavior for an app that is not malicious in nature. It gets a solid 20 hits on VirusTotal as well.

Has DJI responded elsewhere and I did not see it, or is silence still the SOP?

2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_aAMo8WuAwBjz
New

Canada

1 year and 4 months later... still scans for viruses. Was considering getting a mavic but not anymore.
2020-7-6
Use props
Videodude
lvl.1

United States

I called DJI twice regarding this problem and they hung up on me both times!!! Something is up!!! I wouldn’t download this software at all !!!!
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_MijOY4GBGG0E
New
United Kingdom

Just downloaded it.

Not willing to open it since im also getting virus warnings.
Might try it inside a VM later if I get chance.
2021-4-11
Use props
BruceK
lvl.1

United States

I am new here and I downloaded the flight simulator in windows 10 but when I go to open it I get this:
Network error   008_008_(000/0236) and it closes.
2021-4-13
Use props
dmanoh1
lvl.1
United States

I just tried to download it and Chrome blocked it saying it was Dangerous. It's 8/23/2022. Still an issue? I'm not downloading it at this point.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules