exif data
5970 13 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

I have a phantom 4 and I'm using Final Cut Pro X 10.4 for post production. I realize now that I can't read the shooting setup data (clip exif data >> iso, aperture, shutter speed, etc.). What do I do?
2019-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are talking about video it doesn't have any exif info.
If you are talking of stills, try a different program to read the metadata.
2019-3-18
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Labroides Posted at 3-18 23:30
If you are talking about video it doesn't have any exif info.
If you are talking of stills, try a different program to read the metadata.

Thank you. I'm talking about video because for photos I use Photoshop or LR. Why is the exif data not provided for the videos?
2019-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

egargiulo Posted at 3-19 02:51
Thank you. I'm talking about video because for photos I use Photoshop or LR. Why is the exif data not provided for the videos?

Pigs don't have wings -  video doesn't have metadata
2019-3-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-19 04:54

This is incorrect. Not all video has metadata but video can contain EXIF, XMP, or other types of metadata, either embedded or as a sidecar file such as a .thm (which is really just a jpg).

There are online and standalone readers to examine the metadata of various formats:

https://www.get-metadata.com

https://exifinfo.org/
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. If you're trying to check detailed parameters of a video or a picture such as color depth or video sampling mode then you may consider using professional software for you to possibly pull up the details that you may need. These are the software that we could recommend that may possibly help you out. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

Recommended software
Video: PotPlayer
Picture: EXIF Viewer
2019-3-20
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

thank s all
2019-3-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 3-19 04:54

the pigs do not have wings, I do not agree at all ...  

2019-3-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

for them there are no limits to fumigate a city, while we can not fly a small device in a city ..... this is why Pigs have wings

2019-3-21
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 3-21 00:28
for them there are no limits to fumigate a city, while we can not fly a small device in a city ..... this is why Pigs have wings

[view_image]

@Nebuchadnezzar

Save your SNR-destroying nutjob conspiracy posts for your own threads, or at least "fun" threads like RHPs, where folks aren't trying to help each other by sharing real, relevant information. OK?
2019-3-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

patiam Posted at 3-19 10:50
This is incorrect. Not all video has metadata but video can contain EXIF, XMP, or other types of metadata, either embedded or as a sidecar file such as a .thm (which is really just a jpg).

There are online and standalone readers to examine the metadata of various formats:

The .thm file is a low resolution 'thumbnail' file copy of the original video file. It is not metadata, nor does it have anything to do with metadata. It is intended as a proxy file for editing the video on devices with poor video performance.
2019-3-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

patiam Posted at 3-21 13:37
@Nebuchadnezzar

Save your SNR-destroying nutjob conspiracy posts for your own threads, or at least "fun" threads like RHPs, where folks aren't trying to help each other by sharing real, relevant information. OK?

Theories of the conspiracy? Not in these days, many pilots, but few paying real attention, like RHP makes post and funny and friendly comments I make comments to wake up those who do not want to see, like you, Sharing is caring

You call me cosnpiranoic when you are uninformed
2019-3-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-21 17:04
The .thm file is a low resolution 'thumbnail' file copy of the original video file. It is not metadata, nor does it have anything to do with metadata. It is intended as a proxy file for editing the video on devices with poor video performance.

That's not correct. The .thm thumbnail file  contains exif data relevant to the corresponding video with the same filename.
2019-3-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 3-22 00:02
Theories of the conspiracy? Not in these days, many pilots, but few paying real attention, like RHP makes post and funny and friendly comments I make comments to wake up those who do not want to see, like you, Sharing is caring

Take it somewhere else, Moopheus.

Nobody asked for you to pollute the OP's thread (which was asking for info relevant to this forum) with your irrelevant and unsubstantiated information. So save it for your own threads so that we can all avoid or seek it as we wish. You may think you're doing us all a service but I'll stick my neck out and say you are not.

Apologies to the OP for the threadjack. I hope at least some useful information was shared before this BS took place.

I'm done feeding the troll. Carry on.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules