Ronin S drifting on pan axis?
3564 4 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lhmHL5uSRxuJ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello!

I picked up a Ronin S brand new recently. But, it is drifting on the pan axis when in use.

I am locking the gimbal out by holding down the trigger button, then walking backwards and forwards a bit.

The gimbal then slowly drifts, mostly to the left.

I have updated the firmware and balanced the gimbal properly.

Any ideas?

I also tried the instructions in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163488-1-1.html

Cheers

2019-3-18
Use props
Marco06
lvl.3
France

Same problem to many buyers of Ronin S. No concrete solution brought. Only workarounds ... Look at my post below ...
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the trouble with the Pan axis, to check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html

If the issue persists, please try the System Calibration, Joystick Calibration and restore the gimbal settings to the factory default in the APP to see if there is any luck.
2019-3-22
Use props
fans5383f7b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101148 ft
United States

Hello,

I have tried all of this and it is still an issue. How is this still an issue after a year of cataloged complaints and issues? I am so close to returning this thing. Please advise.
2019-4-29
Use props
juanpatinoaol.com
lvl.1
United States

fans5383f7b5 Posted at 2019-4-29 11:12
Hello,

I have tried all of this and it is still an issue. How is this still an issue after a year of cataloged complaints and issues? I am so close to returning this thing. Please advise.

ONE YEAR LATER AND I'VE JUST SPENT 10 MONTHS (MY OWN FAULT) WRESTLING WITH EXACTLY THE ABOVE MENTIONED "Drifting On Pan Axis" ISSUE.   I SPENT MONTHS ASSUMING THAT IT WAS USER ERROR AND HAVE ATTEMPTED ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED WORKAROUNDS, FIRMWARE REV's, RECALIBRATIONS, JOINT ANGLE ADJUSTMENTS, ETC.   I'M PRAYING THAT ONE OF YOU CLEVER FOLKS CAN EMAIL ME THE MAGIC SOLUTION TO THIS.   IT'S REMARKABLE (BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY COMFORTING) TO UNEARTH SUCH A WELL-DOCUMENTED SYMPTOM THAT HAS BEEN EXPERIENCED BY SO MANY FELLOW RONIN-S USERS.   

So Frustrated but devoted to this magical piece of gear,

Juan
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules