Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Connection Burned Out
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Valentiaman2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156276 ft
Ireland

I had a situation this afternoon when my P4A made an emergency landing  after I got a "critical battery warning" - actually I brought it back  from 1500m away at 30% battery and then got the warning at 8%. The drone  landed safely, and I though all was well until I tried to re-charge it.

The male charger connector would not fit flush, and when I looked at  the female connectors on the battery they seem to be burned out (see  photo below).

Can anyone advise on what has happened and why, and if this is a fault  with the battery? Also, is the drone itself likely to be OK. A spare  battery (and even this one) fits and shows a charge.

Stephen

battery.jpg

2019-3-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yours is not the first.  We have seen this happen to several others.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Valemtiaman2,  I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your battery. we sent you a PM. Please check later. Thanks.
2019-3-18
Use props
Valentiaman2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156276 ft
Ireland

UPDATE: I contacted DJI about my battery. They asked me to return it (even offered shipping, but I had sent it already). UPS called today with a brand new battery. The whole thing, door to door, took about 10 days. No questions asked, just a straight swap; ruined battery for new one. Thank you DJI!
2019-4-2
Use props
Jake Deer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8220840 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happened to me once before, i make sure I have a light coat of a high quality dielectric grease on the battery terminals. I have not had any problems with the other 3 batteries.
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules