Two Sparks in the same vicinity
1001 9 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
middbrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13907 ft
United States

I have a question regarding flying two Sparks in the same area. Can this cause an interference with controlling one or the other drone?

My brother and I got together to fly our Sparks. He had his up in the air about 20 feet (he had just taken off). I take off with mine and I'm about 10 feet away from him. His suddenly loses power and crashed.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day middbrew. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know what happened to your brother's previous flight with is DJI Spark. Actually, we do not suggest to fly the same drones at the same place and time. They may interfere with each other easily due to the same channel. Since there was a crash that happened. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our support for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-18
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Were you two using R/Cs or just the phones?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-18
Use props
middbrew
lvl.1
United States

We were both using our RC.
2019-3-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hi middbrew,

If your brother likes to upload his flightlog one here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

mayby the log will tell what is the cause of his crash.

cheers
JJB
2019-3-18
Use props
middbrew
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I definitely appreciate that. I'll send him the link.
2019-3-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Theoretically, frequency hopping should exactly prevent things like this.... but yeah, DJI is not exactly Futaba...
2019-3-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As one with proven experience of having 2 Sparks in the air and in  close distance to each other:
I doubt that -"His suddenly loses power and crashed."- has something to do with the other spark.
So get the flight record analyzed or uploaded!
I think,  the connection level might go down, but even in case it would loose that connection, the
RTH would be the option.
But that are just my2c and I can be wrong, of course.
2019-3-19
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

i have flown with a spark next to mine and had no interference at all . not to say this can not happen .
fly safe   
2019-3-19
Use props
middbrew
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the responses. We are going to upload the files and see if we can get it figured out.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules