My Dji Spark fell out of the sky!
1246 18 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143386 ft
United Kingdom

I recently bought a Dji Spark because I already had a ryze tello and I really enjoyed it so I decided I would upgrade to the Spark. I got the fly more combo. On my first flight after I had done all the set up and the calibration I took after got used to the controls then flew to 325f took some photos and then the battery got to 18% so I started to land. At 229f the battery reached 17% and all looked good...... the drone was roughly directly above me and suddenly without warning the drone propellers stopped spinning and just dropped and hit a smallish tree as it fell and then smashed into the concrete below, totally wrecking the drone. The battery was still in when I found it and the lights were on on the Spark. I called Dji and then told me to send it in but I don’t have dji refresh. How long will it take till it gets repaired and set back to me (the drone arrived to the dji repair centre today) because I am going on a ski trip in 2 and a half weeks and I really want to take it with me. Also do you think it will be covered under the warranty so I won’t have to pay anything as I don’t thing it was my fault. I didn’t hit anything.
2019-3-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Sorry for your loss!

if you like post your flightlog on here, using link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-3-18
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry I don’t have a computer at hand.
2019-3-18
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope DJI can fix it for you before your holiday. Of course they will look at the flight records and replace it if appropriate. Good luck.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we are sorry for the crash. Kindly send it in at your earliest convenience time, analysis can be applied if the unit is still under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your unit to repair or replace with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case:  http://www.dji.com/support. ​For the repair process, this normally takes 5-7 working days, not including the shipment back and forth.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-18
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-18 13:24
Hi, we are sorry for the crash. Kindly send it in at your earliest convenience time, analysis can be applied if the unit is still under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your unit to repair or replace with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case:  http://www.dji.com/support. ​For the repair process, this normally takes 5-7 working days, not including the shipment back and forth.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Thank you.

Thanks for your help. I sent the drone in to the repair centre on Thursday and it arrived at the repair centre today. Just hoping it’s covered under warranty because I didn’t crash into anything and I can’t see that I have done anything wrong. So hopefully it is covered on the warranty.
2019-3-18
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-18 13:24

Thanks for your help. I sent the drone in to the repair centre on Thursday and it arrived at the repair centre today. Just hoping it’s covered under warranty because I didn’t crash into anything and I can’t see that I have done anything wrong. So hopefully it is covered on the warranty.
2019-3-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I’m really sorry for this inconvenience. Just wondering what kind of device were you using at the time of the accident ?
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansbdb41d8c Posted at 3-18 14:18
Thanks for your help. I sent the drone in to the repair centre on Thursday and it arrived at the repair centre today. Just hoping it’s covered under warranty because I didn’t crash into anything and I can’t see that I have done anything wrong. So hopefully it is covered on the warranty.

Could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the current status and keep following up.
2019-3-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That sound like you dont need care refresh! You have warranty and out of your desciption it seems to be a warranty case
2019-3-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

fansbdb41d8c Posted at 3-18 12:51
Sorry I don’t have a computer at hand.

You can do that direct from the phone, if you want.
2019-3-18
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sayhelloforme Posted at 3-18 14:51
I’m really sorry for this inconvenience. Just wondering what kind of device were you using at the time of the accident ?

It was a dji Spark being controlled by the controller and an iPhone XS
2019-3-18
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-18 18:18
Could you provide us with your case number? We'd like to check the current status and keep following up.

CAS-2814727-C5T1Q6
2019-3-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry for your loss
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

We are sorry for the crash.  As you had sent the drone in,  the local team will help when they receive the drone will do a damage assessment. Kindly wait for an email time to time for further updates with your case. Hope you can get the drone back to the air soon, and if there is any assistance needed during the repair, please feel free to let us know.​ Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-3-20
Use props
Blu Zap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41814 ft
United States

Wow, sorry about this loss.  Hopefully DJI will take care of it for you. I am pretty new to this as well. I have already crashed Sparky once flying into a tree. Sent it in and was fixed for a price.  I now have the crash insurance.
But I am interested in the circumstance of your Spark falling out of the sky.  I usually cap my altitude at 50 meters, ~165 feet.  No problem, and return to home is above the trees.  You flew to 325 feet.  Did you ever lose the control connection?  What was your battery level warning set at?  If it hit 18%, was the low battery alert already on?  I appreciate your thoughts on this.  I am always looking for ways to keep Sparky from falling out of the sky. I appreciate your insight.  Thanks.
2019-3-20
Use props
fansbdb41d8c
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update: Dji have emailed me and will provide me with a new or repaired drone.
They said in the email “Remark: WARRANTY: Crash damage. No liquid damage. Middle frame module defect. Cover defect. Gimbal roll defect. Battery defect. Warranty. FLY005 Date: 12/03/2019 SN: 0BMUF9500101JD BatterySN:0C0AF8FB3641Q3 1. The aircraft worked in Sport mode, and responded to pilot command well; 2. T=851 s, H=100 m, D=10 m, Landing was triggered due to critical low battery voltage, and then the data suddenly ended; 3. According to the data, a battery cell voltage dropped to below 3 v, thus the aircraft powered off in mid-flight. Conclusion: No pilot fault. Warranty is suggested.”
They have sent the drone and battery back to me and should be with me in 2-3 days.
2019-3-21
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Good for you, happy flights!

And thanks for the feedback!
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced