Mimo App without internet connection???????
8784 5 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I took my osmo pocket out to film at a St.Patrick's day parade along with my iPad mini (non cellular).  This set up has worked well in the past with no problems, but I was always at home while testing it.

Once out and about, I connected the iPad to the pocket using a USB C to Lightning cable (like always) and it automatically fired up the MIMO app.

HOWEVER,  it asked me to log into my DJI account and would not let me into the app at all!
I later figured out that I could teather my iPad to my phone's data services via wifi so I tried that.
It worked and let me into the app with no problems.   The odd thing is that it did not ask me to log into my DJI account once it had internet connectivity.

Can anyone confirm this?   Does the mimo app have to be able to touch base with DJI before we are allowed to use it at all?

What if you were out in the midle of nowhere and had no cellular reception?  Would the pocket be a useless piece of junk without access to the internet?

Not good behaviour for a camera if you ask me.

2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About that. Just to heads up once you log in your DJI Account on the MIMO app, it will not ask you anymore to log in unless you will going to log out your account. However. Do you receive any error about this? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-18
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-18 16:03
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About that. Just to heads up once you log in your DJI Account on the MIMO app, it will not ask you anymore to log in unless you will going to log out your account. However. Do you receive any error about this? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

The thing is, I don't think that I ever logged out of my account AND once it was connected to the internet via phone data tether it did not ask me to log in. So I must have been logged in the entire time.  I think it is a bad thing if we can not use the app without internet connection.. It would make the app (and by extension the Osmo Pocket)  pretty useless out in nature or on a cruise without network access.

I do have to do some more experimenting to see if this was just a one time thing or not. But, that was the reason for my question. To see if others have experienced the same problem.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LouisP Posted at 3-18 17:16
The thing is, I don't think that I ever logged out of my account AND once it was connected to the internet via phone data tether it did not ask me to log in. So I must have been logged in the entire time.  I think it is a bad thing if we can not use the app without internet connection.. It would make the app (and by extension the Osmo Pocket)  pretty useless out in nature or on a cruise without network access.

I do have to do some more experimenting to see if this was just a one time thing or not. But, that was the reason for my question. To see if others have experienced the same problem.

Hi Louis, the Mimo app should not require you to be connected to the internet during the entire time of using it. Once you are logged in, it should not prompt you to log back in again; hence, requiring you an internet connection. For now, I agree that we can try observing first if it does that every time and we can gather more details to coordinate this with the designated department. Thanks.
2019-3-19
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

There should be a way to use the app incase user is logged out .
2019-4-7
Use props
MikeBrett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9547 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps this is something specifically to do with the direct cable connection? I frequently use my OP connected via the Wifi module to my Moto G (Android) smartphone, and whilst the phone is Wifi linked to the OP it cannot by definition connect to the Internet. I've never ever had this sort of problem. Or perhaps it's an Apple thing that Android somehow avoids?
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules