Lost phantom 3 pro no flight log
1842 19 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388123 ft
Canada

Just flew a phantom 3 pro in clear no wind daytime conditions and suddenly had a ''max motor speed reach'' error message. The camera started going in all directions, image on LG G5 then froze, then lost signal completely. I assume the drone crashed, perhaps it originated because of a bird strike. In a attempt to recover it I went throught the flight logs on the phone first, then on a PC. On the phone, I could see logs that were filled for flights dating all the way back to yesterday, but no log for today's flight and crash. I then sync'ed using the top right cloud icon and after syncing, the logs from yesterday's flights were suddenly gone and the ones from today were still missing. On a PC, the logs also only go up to recent flights but not the ones from yesterday or today. Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that some flight logs are just not being recorded for a reason or another?
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day pascalmarch. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. What is the version of your DJI GO app? Did you uninstall the app before causing to delete your flight logs? In addition please sync your flight records using the DJI GO app and contact our support for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-18
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-18 15:20
Hello and good day pascalmarch. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. What is the version of your DJI GO app? Did you uninstall the app before causing to delete your flight logs? In addition please sync your flight records using the DJI GO app and contact our support for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support

Thanks for the reply Stephen, I'm using app version 3.1.52 and no, I did not un-install the app before the incident. Yes I did sync the app and contacted the support to initiate the investigation, I will follow up when I have more information.
2019-3-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hi, sorry to hear about this. Perhaps there is still hope in retrieving her?

Did you already try the instructions here?
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

RedHotPoker
2019-3-18
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-18 22:05
Hi, sorry to hear about this. Perhaps there is still hope in retrieving her?

Did you already try the instructions here?

Thanks Redhotpoker, this was going to be my next step but I needed to recover the missing flight log first. On that link there is an app called ''SD Refresh'' which I installed and tried but unfortunately it does not bring any of the missing flight logs back to be seen.
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pascalmarch Posted at 3-18 21:23
Thanks for the reply Stephen, I'm using app version 3.1.52 and no, I did not un-install the app before the incident. Yes I did sync the app and contacted the support to initiate the investigation, I will follow up when I have more information.

You are very much welcome pascalmarch and than you for giving us an update on the said situation. If you have any other inquiries or concerns. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-3-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

pascalmarch Posted at 3-19 09:13
Thanks Redhotpoker, this was going to be my next step but I needed to recover the missing flight log first. On that link there is an app called ''SD Refresh'' which I installed and tried but unfortunately it does not bring any of the missing flight logs back to be seen.

Ok, too bad. It was a good try, but failed.

Not sure, where to go from here. Wish that I could help you.

RedHotPoker
2019-3-19
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 3-19 09:31
Ok, too bad. It was a good try, but failed.

Not sure, where to go from here. Wish that I could help you.

Here is another update, the DJI helpdesk said they can't attempt to retrieve the flight log because the drone is out of warranty. Meanwhile I have found a folder on my LG G5 cellphone when plugging it to a PC that says ''SyncResult'' which contains files with yesterday's date which is the crash date. That folder is located in the ''FlightRecord'' folder so I assume it has something to do with my issue. Each of the files in that SyncResult folder weigh less than 1 byte and include ''DJIFRSyncLog_2019-03-19_[13-16-44]'' in the name, each with a different last three separated numbers.
2019-3-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Perhaps that file may explain your situation, what happened,.

RedHotPoker
2019-3-19
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Were you able to find your drone?
2019-3-19
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

KenDuke Posted at 3-19 09:56
Were you able to find your drone?

No, still unable to retrieve the flight log
2019-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

pascalmarch Posted at 3-19 13:23
No, still unable to retrieve the flight log

Without the recorded flight data, no-one can start to help you.
It seems unlikely that the flight record isn't there.
When you go to your flight records page in the app, what do you see?

Here are some instructions to help you ...
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record (txt file) from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2019-3-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-3-20
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-20 02:22
Without the recorded flight data, no-one can start to help you.
It seems unlikely that the flight record isn't there.
When you go to your flight records page in the app, what do you see?

Thanks to you and all for your inputs. What I see in the app is the blue interface with a lot of info. Down to the bottom is a drop-up menu that shows all my recent flight, going up to March 13th 2019 and none after that even though I flew the drone after that. One of the flight I did after that was on March 17th 2019 and the day of the crash was March 18th 2019. One weird thing I noticed is that after loosing signal and really be sure it wasn't reconnecting, I restarted the phone used for control (LG G5) and the March 17th flight log appeared momentarily! I'm not sure what exactly what happened after that but when connecting the phone to a PC, that flight log wasn't showing in the folder nor the one from the crash on March 18th anymore. So it looks like the phone just didn't record the flight log well or entirely or at all. I did attempt to fix that with the "SD Refresh" app that someone else here suggested, without success. I also tried to connect the phone to the remote control in an attempt to reset everything. Any other ideas are welcomed!
2019-3-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pascalmarch Posted at 3-20 10:25
Thanks to you and all for your inputs. What I see in the app is the blue interface with a lot of info. Down to the bottom is a drop-up menu that shows all my recent flight, going up to March 13th 2019 and none after that even though I flew the drone after that. One of the flight I did after that was on March 17th 2019 and the day of the crash was March 18th 2019. One weird thing I noticed is that after loosing signal and really be sure it wasn't reconnecting, I restarted the phone used for control (LG G5) and the March 17th flight log appeared momentarily! I'm not sure what exactly what happened after that but when connecting the phone to a PC, that flight log wasn't showing in the folder nor the one from the crash on March 18th anymore. So it looks like the phone just didn't record the flight log well or entirely or at all. I did attempt to fix that with the "SD Refresh" app that someone else here suggested, without success. I also tried to connect the phone to the remote control in an attempt to reset everything. Any other ideas are welcomed!

Sorry  but your responses are confusing and I can't tell what to make of them.
It would be highly unusual if your app did not record your flight data.
This is what your flight records look like when you go to find them on your phone and what I'm talking about in the flight records section of the app.
Flt Records_2.jpg
Flt Records.jpg
2019-3-20
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-20 16:45
Sorry  but your responses are confusing and I can't tell what to make of them.
It would be highly unusual if your app did not record your flight data.
This is what your flight records look like when you go to find them on your phone and what I'm talking about in the flight records section of the app.

What is confusing is the situation itself but let me try again. Immediately after the crash, I looked at the logs in the app and saw logs that were recorded for the past months all the way to the day before, none from the actual day of the crash. Then after re-starting the app, not only the crash day flight logs were missing, but also the logs from the day before which I had completed without any issue. These logs just disappeared which fits what you are saying, there is no way the flight logs aren't recorded, they must be somewhere on the phone and I'm unable to retrieve them.

2019-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

pascalmarch Posted at 3-22 10:42
What is confusing is the situation itself but let me try again. Immediately after the crash, I looked at the logs in the app and saw logs that were recorded for the past months all the way to the day before, none from the actual day of the crash. Then after re-starting the app, not only the crash day flight logs were missing, but also the logs from the day before which I had completed without any issue. These logs just disappeared which fits what you are saying, there is no way the flight logs aren't recorded, they must be somewhere on the phone and I'm unable to retrieve them.
[view_image]
[view_image]

That screenshot from your computer is lookint at a folder that you've created called flight logs dji go LG g5 - 1st backup.
What do you see when you look in DJI/djigo.v4/FlightRecord
2019-3-22
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

Labroides Posted at 3-22 14:57
That screenshot from your computer is lookint at a folder that you've created called flight logs dji go LG g5 - 1st backup.
What do you see when you look in DJI/djigo.v4/FlightRecord

2019-3-22
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

any dji folders on the sd card in the phone?
2019-3-23
Use props
pascalmarch
lvl.1
Canada

AIister Posted at 3-23 11:23
any dji folders on the sd card in the phone?

Oh ..., that's a great idea! I just checked in the SD card and indeed found a folder called "dji.pilot". In it are two empty folders called "files" and "cache" but not flight logs. Thanks for the input.
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules