Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass error. Floating flight
893 14 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackson_87
lvl.1

Austria

Guys. Help solve the problem. Very often a compass error began to appear. Then the error disappears and the drone begins to drift by 1m to the side. After a reboot, the problem disappears, but it often appears again. How to fix it?
2019-3-18
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you flying nearing any ferrous materials or frequency emitters, i.e. bridges, metal fences, radio towers, powerlines? These are common in causing compass errors.  
2019-3-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you done an IMU recalibration?
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jackson_87. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air. May I know if the drone's firmware is on it's most recent one and can you please try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone to check if after this process the issue will still persist. I will be posting and official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the IMU of the DJI Mavic Air. In addition while flying your drone please keep distance to any possible interference like the metal object or radio frequency. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-3-19
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

Russia

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-18 23:07
Are you flying nearing any ferrous materials or frequency emitters, i.e. bridges, metal fences, radio towers, powerlines? These are common in causing compass errors.

Not. I did not fly there. What else could be the reason?
2019-3-25
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

Woe Posted at 3-19 06:40
Have you done an IMU recalibration?

Not. I did not do the IMU calibration
2019-3-25
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 08:35
Hello and good day Jackson_87. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air. May I know if the drone's firmware is on it's most recent one and can you please try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone to check if after this process the issue will still persist. I will be posting and official DJI Tutorial Video on how to properly calibrate the IMU of the DJI Mavic Air. In addition while flying your drone please keep distance to any possible interference like the metal object or radio frequency. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY

Hey. The latest firmware version is installed. Tomorrow I will do the calibration of all the sensors. I will take your advice and give feedback.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jackson_87 Posted at 3-25 08:48
Hey. The latest firmware version is installed. Tomorrow I will do the calibration of all the sensors. I will take your advice and give feedback.

Thank you for the additional update Jackson_87. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-3-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jackson_87 Posted at 3-25 08:46
Not. I did not do the IMU calibration

Try that to see if that helps.
2019-3-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jackson_87 Posted at 3-25 08:45
Not. I did not fly there. What else could be the reason?

Hmm... if theres no metal or radio waves, then a sensor might have failed. I think you would need to send in repairs
2019-3-25
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 12:09
Thank you for the additional update Jackson_87. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

I did everything as you said. I did all the calibrations. It did not help
2019-3-26
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

Woe Posted at 3-25 15:54
Try that to see if that helps.

It did not help
2019-3-26
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-25 16:11
Hmm... if theres no metal or radio waves, then a sensor might have failed. I think you would need to send in repairs

I will try to solve the problem myself. If I fail, then I will send the drone for repair.
2019-3-26
Use props
Jackson_87
lvl.1

United States

I solved my problem. the problem was in the magnetization of the compass. I demagnetized the compass with a special device and the error disappeared. Thanks for the advice. special device - cfixer
2019-3-27
Use props
fans19ae92ad
New

Netherlands

Jackson_87 Posted at 2019-3-27 09:05
I solved my problem. the problem was in the magnetization of the compass. I demagnetized the compass with a special device and the error disappeared. Thanks for the advice. special device - cfixer

Hi jackson, what special device would that be? having similar problems not being able to calibrate compass ... and if it does calibrate, the flight does not take longer than 60 seconds (shaky) before a message appears in the app on the compass needing calibration ..
Thanks!
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules