Customer Service - Goggles RE design flaw
2313 15 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

This post has two sections to it, read both to make sense of the Customer Service Experience I have received in regard to DJI’s Goggles RE inherent/design flaw.

“1. My Experience with DJI’s Customer Service Center.”

To summarize my experience with DJI in regards to this issue has been shockingly terrible.

Getting support to approve a return for a fix was reasonable easy. *thumbs up*

I filled in the paperwork as request. On the paperwork, it says that DJI would send out the courier sticker/paperwork so I didn’t have to pay for postage. I’m yet to receive it almost after a fortnight.

Fortunately the service center is a 45 minute drive, i.e. 1 1/2 hour round trip, so I decided to drive it there, as I would know that it arrived safely.

I dropped the Goggles off at the service center, they had no reception and the Goggles were delivered to a dirty warehouse delivery door, not giving me any confidence in DJIs care for my Goggles (and when I say dirty, it wasn’t a clean room that you’d expect for an electronics repair center)

They assess my Goggles (god knows how they did that?!) Did they take the Goggles out for a fly with a drone to test if reception failed, and the Goggles and Controller froze?! As anyone with issue can contest that this issue is frustrating to find and semi random.

I received a quote, which surprised me as the problem in inherent in their product, for $320. Let’s just say that I wasn’t happy.

I wrote to the quote people explained the issue, and they said that as my Goggles were purchased in 2017 that it was not covered by a free repair service.

I have written back to DJI outlining my case, as require when commencing action through the small claims court.  I trust that they will now take my case seriously.

PS, why isn’t DJI doing a product recall on the Goggles for repair, with a priority on those who own both the Goggles RE and Mavic 2?!

“2. My letter to DJI to commenced action through the small claims court.”

Dear Ms Xxxx

On 6 September 2018 the Mavic 2 Pro had its offical launch. As part of the launch, they advised that the Goggles RE would work in 1080p in dual transmission, for a substantially long distance.

On 18 September 2018 I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. Promptly after I purchased the drone, I took it out for a flight, using both the goggles and the mobile phone/controller combination. Unfortunately using this combination causes the goggles and controller to freeze at the same time, definitely not as described during the launch presentation. The crashing/freezing would occur within 100 meters sometimes, also not as described in the launch.

I have been active on the forums to try and get feedback from DJI as to what the problem is and when it would be fixed. After waiting for 5 months for an answer from DJI, they have advised us that the issue is with the electronics in the goggles, and this is an inherent issue with all Goggles RE, a design flaw per se.

I request that my Goggles are repaired at no cost to myself, including shipping and promptly returned to me

If I do not hear from you within 10 business days, I will forward my complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria for further advice.

Please contact me on my phone number above, or via email, at any time to discuss this letter

2019-3-19
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well done for your persistence and good luck in the process.  When I find time this weekend I'll initiate a return as it's looking increasingly likely that DJI are just going to continue to ignore this one.
Keep us all updated.
Thanks
2019-3-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally got a chance to fly my Zoom and Goggles Re's together, and I

must say I'm dissatisfied with the connection. I was able to get just under a half mile.

With my MP I can get two miles easily.  I was really looking forward to using the zoom and

Goggles because of all the safety features. Guess I will relink my MP back to the RE's.

2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi UNsyncED, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with Goggles RE and the customer service, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, may I verify if the Goggles RE was sent back to the official repair center AU, if yes, may I have the case number or the serial number of the Goggles RE for further check? Thank you in advance.
2019-3-19
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-19 19:25
Hi UNsyncED, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with Goggles RE and the customer service, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, may I verify if the Goggles RE was sent back to the official repair center AU, if yes, may I have the case number or the serial number of the Goggles RE for further check? Thank you in advance.

Hi DJI Mindy. Do you know what is being done about this as a long term solution for everyone else affected by the problem?  Are DJI set to undertake a large product recall?  Are you still selling the Mavic 2 / Goggles RE combo pack despite the issue?

Please could you escalate this to someone who can talk about this issue with authority and seek a response as at the moment your customer's confidence is impacted and DJI's reputation is being tarnished by this issue.

Thanks
2019-3-19
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-19 19:25Hi UNsyncED, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with Goggles RE and the customer service, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, may I verify if the Goggles RE was sent back to the official repair center AU, if yes, may I have the case number or the serial number of the Goggles RE for further check? Thank you in advance.

Hi DJI Mindy, I was just offered a 15% discount. That is so generous of DJI *sarcasm*.  I don’t think that they understand the situation, nor Australian law which makes their behavior illegal. If this is their final offer, I’ll have to take them to the small claims court.
Required action under Australian Consumer Law:
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 3-20 00:18
Hi DJI Mindy, I was just offered a 15% discount. That is so generous of DJI *sarcasm*.  I don’t think that they understand the situation, nor Australian law which makes their behavior illegal. If this is their final offer, I’ll have to take them to the small claims court.
Required action under Australian Consumer Law:
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

Thanks for the case number, your concern has been escalated to the higher level team to look into again, the team will contact you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 01:19
Thanks for the case number, your concern has been escalated to the higher level team to look into again, the team will contact you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.

Thanks Mindy.
2019-3-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 01:19

Hi Mindy,

Are you able to tell me if the electronics have been produced, for the Goggles RE, or do I have to wait for production, and if so what is the timeline?  
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 3-20 22:31
Hi Mindy,

Are you able to tell me if the electronics have been produced, for the Goggles RE, or do I have to wait for production, and if so what is the timeline?

The team has provided the warranty service and we are working on locating the root reason. The replacement Goggles RE will be sent to you soon, please test it when you receive it and keep us updated with the result.
2019-3-21
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 19:56
The team has provided the warranty service and we are working on locating the root reason. The replacement Goggles RE will be sent to you soon, please test it when you receive it and keep us updated with the result.

Many thanks Mindy.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are most welcome.
2019-3-22
Use props
djiuser_kr5VilCM64tK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598750 ft

Hi UNsyncED,

Can you please update us on the details of your case.

Did you get your repaired goggles? Is the range issue solved?

I am currently going thru a similar situation with my own Goggles RE.
2019-9-16
Use props
fansde301105
New

I was just now told that the DJI RE Goggles do not work with any 5.8ghz transmitters and it is not a DJI problem.
The people on the support line do not have a clue.
I have been mad at DJI policy and support for quite a while. This just confirms everything that I know about DJI.  Goggles are 10 days over a year old.
The racing part of the goggles has NEVER worked.
2019-10-4
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_kr5VilCM64tK Posted at 9-16 20:37
Hi UNsyncED,

Can you please update us on the details of your case.

No the issue hasn't been resolved.  I'm still working with DJI to have the issue resolved.
2019-12-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansde301105 Posted at 10-4 13:54
I was just now told that the DJI RE Goggles do not work with any 5.8ghz transmitters and it is not a DJI problem.
The people on the support line do not have a clue.
I have been mad at DJI policy and support for quite a while. This just confirms everything that I know about DJI.  Goggles are 10 days over a year old.

I have never had a problem connecting my Re's to 5.8ghz. Limited range
with the zoom is my only issue. When connecting to 5.8ghz make sure
to do a auto scan on the goggles or on the transmitter itself.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules