Announcement on Updating Map Services (For Android Users)
12Next >
22793 42 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear users,

To provide a better service experience, Mapbox service was updated, and older versions of map service will no longer be supported.
DJI GO users should update the app version to 3.1.52 or later before March 31, 2019, DJI GO 4 users should update the app version to 4.3.12 or later before March 31, 2019.
Continuing using older versions of DJI GO/DJI GO 4 app will negatively impact map services, including Camera View, Find My Drone, and Offline Map. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience.

DJI Support
3/19/2019

2019-3-19
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is DJI Pilot app (v1.2.0) also affected?
2019-3-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

as always in this forum, quick answers ....
2019-3-19
Use props
saccafisola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1355 ft
Italy

Then is necessary to uninstall the (old) DJI GO 4 and reinstall the new DJI GO 4 App or just update the App in the smartphone? Thanks.
2019-3-20
Use props
TonyLaVerde
New
United States

So will we be able to download a feature that allows us to map a flight plan using the P4P+ controller?
2019-3-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

So you found a way for a "have to" update to the newer, for spark user overloaded, Go4 Version, without naming it "have to"?
2019-3-21
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

No funciona en mi Samsung S10+
2019-3-21
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

the Dji application is not working on the Samsung S10 +
2019-3-21
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

LOCOSDEL136 Posted at 3-21 18:52
the Dji application is not working on the Samsung S10 +

You'll have to wait for update that supports latest smartphone models, be patient
2019-3-23
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Do not understand the ANDROID statement.....my IOS devices are also telling me to update.   I have a P3A and P4A.........
2019-3-23
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Will this prompt me to update?
Or do I have to manually update?
If so, show me how.  I have Crystal Sky
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Keule Posted at 3-19 06:30
Is DJI Pilot app (v1.2.0) also affected?

Hi Keule, sorry for the late reply, DJI Pilot app will not be affected.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

saccafisola Posted at 3-20 02:04
Then is necessary to uninstall the (old) DJI GO 4 and reinstall the new DJI GO 4 App or just update the App in the smartphone? Thanks.

Hi saccafisola, sorry for the late reply. You can update the app directly, don't need to uninstall and install again.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TonyLaVerde Posted at 3-20 13:21
So will we be able to download a feature that allows us to map a flight plan using the P4P+ controller?

Hi Tony, it's just the map services' update, it will not affect the performance of the drone. For Phantom 4 Pro +, it supports the Waypoint mission, yet it is not Waypoints 2.0. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 3-21 08:16
So you found a way for a "have to" update to the newer, for spark user overloaded, Go4 Version, without naming it "have to"?

Hi S-e-ven, for better service experience, please kindly update the app accordingly. If you had any troubles with the drone, please kindly let us know the details, we will do the best to help.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LOCOSDEL136 Posted at 3-21 18:52
the Dji application is not working on the Samsung S10 +

Hi LOCOSDE, sorry for the late reply. Could you please tell us more information about the issue that you encountered?
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Rvrrat14 Posted at 3-23 06:20
Do not understand the ANDROID statement.....my IOS devices are also telling me to update.   I have a P3A and P4A.........

Hi Rvrrat14, for iOS devices, it is not affected by the statement above.
But sometimes the apps will be updated for the performance improvement, you may check the details by the release note on the App Store.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Anthony8858 Posted at 3-29 04:00
Will this prompt me to update?
Or do I have to manually update?
If so, show me how.  I have Crystal Sky

Hi Anthony8858, for the DJI GO 4 app on CrystalSky, DJI GO 4 app has been updated to V4.3.14, please kindly check if you had updated to this version. If no, please make sure that the CrystalSky has connected to the Internet, and there will be a notification when the update is available.
2019-3-30
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-30 02:01
Hi Rvrrat14, for iOS devices, it is not affected by the statement above.
But sometimes the apps will be updated for the performance improvement, you may check the details by the release note on the App Store.

What behavior can an Android user expect to see if they are still running an older version?  Will the map just not work at all or will it be some other behavior?
2019-3-30
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does this apply to android on smart controller
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 3-30 04:54
What behavior can an Android user expect to see if they are still running an older version?  Will the map just not work at all or will it be some other behavior?

Hi KlooGee, if the app is not updated, the functions that relate to the map will not work, for example, the map on Find My Drone/FPV/unlock list/flight record, etc. and the Offline Map will not work. Please kindly update the app accordingly.
2019-3-31
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Should I be doing something on the smart controller?
2019-4-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-31 18:36
Hi KlooGee, if the app is not updated, the functions that relate to the map will not work, for example, the map on Find My Drone/FPV/unlock list/flight record, etc. and the Offline Map will not work. Please kindly update the app accordingly.

It is currently after the date specified in the original post and I have a CrystalSky with an older version of DJI Go 4 on it.  It is still currently working.  Is there a new date for when we can expect it to stop working?
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 4-1 13:28
It is currently after the date specified in the original post and I have a CrystalSky with an older version of DJI Go 4 on it.  It is still currently working.  Is there a new date for when we can expect it to stop working?

I haven't got the news about this. But still, I will suggest updating the app accordingly.
2019-4-2
Use props
Timo W.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183668 ft
  • >>>
Germany

An update for the Pilot App would be more senseful! Still no support to the M2E Dual!!!
And the offline maps are a kind of joke! Have anybody from dji test the offline maps function? I don't think so... the download windows is soooo small! you have to download a bigger city in 20 parts.
On an older Go 4 App Version with Google Map Service the Offline Map function was great! It was possible to download a complete country.
2019-4-2
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Related to week number rollover?
2019-4-4
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tentoes Posted at 4-4 12:08
Related to week number rollover?

NO.

2019-4-4
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 4-1 13:28
It is currently after the date specified in the original post and I have a CrystalSky with an older version of DJI Go 4 on it.  It is still currently working.  Is there a new date for when we can expect it to stop working?

Yo Kloo, what have you found?  Do we loose all map function if we don't update?

GO crashes if I run any version over v4.2.21 so I'd be interested in how you are proceeding.

Thanks.
2019-4-6
Use props
Bopat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65899 ft
Seychelles

I tell you honestly, this is really unresposible way to deal with your customers. I am very unhappy with your product, but mainly because of poor customer support. Ia m in vacation and for 5 days nobody can help me, why my drone is not connecting with my RC. And then I see this post. I think this is the reason why it will not connect. And I have no help from you whatsoever.
The software is not working properly, donwloading is working only sometimes. It's a pain in the ass your product.
I will not recommend your product to nobody !
2019-4-7
Use props
Juergen64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1509685 ft
Germany

Map caching for the the smart controller would be helpfull too, but its still not included.

Without map caching its very often less useful, compared to the normal dji go 4 apps.  But its offered as premium product.
2019-4-8
Use props
hosch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239193 ft
Sweden

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 3-19 23:44
as always in this forum, quick answers ....

Patience is a virtue :-) The answer came on march 30th. (3-30 01:47)

But yes, it feels like questions in the forum isn't looked after in any kind of priority. They (DJI) are great at manufacturing but lacks customer service culture in some areas...
2019-4-16
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

I try to update my Android, but nothing happen, Can I just uninstall and then reinstall the app?  I dose it be link to my Mavic?  where do I go in my phone to up date ?

2019-4-25
Use props
JerryBey
New

United States

great ! thanks for your work
2019-4-28
Use props
Tif S Stuarth
New

Brazil

my drone was stolen as i can block it
2019-5-2
Use props
Never fly faster than your angle can
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

Only used my drone two days ago since Feb...surprise...no mapbox....updated DJI GO...no mapbox....only when having wifi. meaning flying from home is restricted air space (((

When will there be a fix to have the offline map actually loading when flying offline? Also, why can we no longer cache world or country maps? Why do i have to load on location????

At present flying is a serious safety thread......affects the user experience very negatively......not mention NPS

please reply DJI...thx
2019-5-27
Use props
Never fly faster than your angle can
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

ALthough DJIGo allows you to download a local map and allows you to give it a custom name other than Region1 for the first map....DO NOT rename....the app can not handle provding a custom name. if you do you end up with a black mapbox when flying offline.

Hope that anyone having this issue with Android too can resolve there trouble. Happy flying.
2019-5-30
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Your telling us to upgrade the older version of DJI Go and I can not do that on the Crystal Sky?? When are you going to tell us someting about what to do??
2019-6-21
Use props
Khager
New

Uzbekistan

You are beeng deceived! Detect how not to lose your cryptocurrency!  The gigantic members of Darknet game began campain aiming Darknet Market Nightmare using filthy PR methods. They are establishing fabricated rummors that the staff of Nightmare Marketplace is in fact bamboozle their customers, as if Nightmare is under maintence e.t.c And at the same time desinging great deal of phishing replicas of Darknet Market Nightmare ment to to disgrace Darknet Market Nightmare in the eyes of darknet. Those behavior enforced Nightmare market's team to build a webpage that helps their users to avoid cheat. They use an official altrnative link and control them here http://darknet-markets.site/. So don't get involved in the dirty plays and anly use the official webpage!
2019-8-19
Use props
Vishnu29
New

Nice article related to Mapbox. Very useful.
2019-9-5
Use props
Vanea Auzeac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60853 ft

At each login to DJi Go I have this warning
Screenshot_20190814-102210.png
2019-9-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now