Contoller charging my phone
627 11 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Baker
New
United Kingdom

Hi all.

I hadn't noticed until recently, but my M2 pro contoller is charging the phone I use for contrilling it when connected. The phone is a samsung Galaxy S7. I've had a decent fiddle but no luck. It's meaning the controller is barely lasting long enough for all 3 of may batteries.

Any tips? Tips ideally not involving buying another phone/tablet.

Please feel free to mock if I'm beiong an idiot.
2019-3-19
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Sadly not changeable, DJI is ignoring the fact that Android is being charged by the RC.
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim Baker. Thank you for reaching out. With regards to this inquiry. It is related to the android system and hardware. The Android phone or Tablet needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode. Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

only ios devices don't charge from controller
2019-3-19
Use props
leminhrc
lvl.1
United States

integer Posted at 3-19 08:48
only ios devices don't charge from controller

I have this problem with my Phantom 4 RC too. When I plugged the cable to my iPhone 8 plus, the phone was charged but the RC could not connected with DJI go 4.
2019-3-19
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

leminhrc@gmail.com Posted at 3-19 09:28
I have this problem with my Phantom 4 RC too. When I plugged the cable to my iPhone 8 plus, the phone was charged but the RC could not connected with DJI go 4.

some ios 11 devices  had this problem. have you updated the iPhone and the dji go 4 app to the latest version? have you tried with another cable?
2019-3-19
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just make sure your phone is fully charged when you start out to fly, keeps the controller battery drain to a minimum...
2019-3-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Consider this. It works for mavic pro, it might work for your drone.
2019-3-19
Use props
leminhrc\
lvl.1
United States

integer Posted at 3-19 09:58
some ios 11 devices  had this problem. have you updated the iPhone and the dji go 4 app to the latest version? have you tried with another cable?

It is all updated.
2019-3-19
Use props
Jim Baker
New
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 3-19 10:31
Just make sure your phone is fully charged when you start out to fly, keeps the controller battery drain to a minimum...

I do that, but it still means the controller is powering the phone too. Not the worst proplem in the world.
2019-3-20
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

There are apps to disable battery charging but you need to be rooted.

This works for me using a Galaxy S7 on Oreo.

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mantya.stopcharging
2019-3-20
Use props
Floyd-Mavic2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i got round this by rooting my phone and switching usb charging off by app , works a treat
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules