DJI Assistant blocked?
4322 22 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2137a6e6
lvl.2
United States

I just tried to use DJI Assistant 2 and a window comes Blocked for your Protection cantact DJI administrator? Was working two days ago.
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and for the inconvenience. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
toffe2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115446 ft
Mexico

hey!
I had the same problem today and wath i found out is that if you are on a win 10 pc you can use dji assistant throu the admin account in windows.
to activate the admin account if you dont already hav go to the start menu an type cmd and right-click the top result, and select Run as administrator.
in the Command Prompt type  net user Administrator /active:yes and enter.

Once you’ve completed the steps, you can sign out of the account and sign in with the Administrator account.
dont forget to make a password for the admin account o do the sam again in cmd but type no insted of yes net user Administrator /active:no
you will maby need to install DJI Assistant 2 in the admin account
it helped me and can be a solution until dja have come up with a solution
enable-admin-cmd-windows-10.jpg
2019-3-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

What toffee2000 said. Works great for me, if not slightly annoying. But hopefully windows update corrects it.
2019-3-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 12:00
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and for the inconvenience. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

DJI Stephen, I'll just express my frustration along with the others. DJI have been aware of this issue for a number of weeks now, and it effectively prevents DJI owners from doing basic functions - updating firmware, calibrating VPS, etc. This is a significant issue, and not one which should need to be resolved by finding another PC with an older (or different) operating system.

It needs to have a high priority for fix within the company, or at least an update as to why this significant delay to repair.

For the sake of the others, there's no need to keep creating new threads on this. Take the time to research existing threads and add your voice to those:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-19 13:21
DJI Stephen, I'll just express my frustration along with the others. DJI have been aware of this issue for a number of weeks now, and it effectively prevents DJI owners from doing basic functions - updating firmware, calibrating VPS, etc. This is a significant issue, and not one which should need to be resolved by finding another PC with an older (or different) operating system.

It needs to have a high priority for fix within the company, or at least an update as to why this significant delay to repair.

Hi Punchbuggy, this issue is our top priority recentely, the DJI Assistant 2 for other products such as Phantom, Matrice has been updated, the version is v2.0.7, the new update of DJI Assistant 2/DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is under the final test and will be released soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
Peaceat711
New
United States

Hi.  I had the same issue with Windows blocking the install.  I found a great Youtube video with a workaround and it was successful.  https://youtu.be/Gjf0PxhGU0U    It involves changing a setting with REGEDIT but it was fairly simple to do.  

2019-3-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

There is possibility to workaround this without registry:

1. open search in windows 10 start menu
2. type local security - open local security policy
3. Go to Local Policies - Security Options
4. Scroll down and find User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode
5. Double click select Disabled, click OK
6. Restart

This is the same thing like doing it via registry but different - GUI method. Anyway DJI needs to work on this ASAP as their applications are not digitally signed - the same as their drivers in past so they have really gaps in security area. Using this workaround is on your own responsibility and please remember you are decreasing security of your system by disabling UAC.

2019-3-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-20 01:25
Hi Punchbuggy, this issue is our top priority recentely, the DJI Assistant 2 for other products such as Phantom, Matrice has been updated, the version is v2.0.7, the new update of DJI Assistant 2/DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic is under the final test and will be released soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

DJI Stephen, thanks for the update. Very much appreciated to hear that the update is in final testing. Cheers.
2019-3-20
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

I can confirm toffee's method does indeed work
2019-3-20
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No need to tweak your Windows system anymore.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-184437-1-1.html
2019-3-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Keule Posted at 3-21 00:48
No need to tweak your Windows system anymore.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-184437-1-1.html

Don't count on that just yet. Link in that thread must not be any good outside of Europe.
2019-3-21
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-21 02:09
Don't count on that just yet. Link in that thread must not be any good outside of Europe.

I just worked fine for me in the United States. The new version of the app installed successfully, but it left the old version installed, too. I now have two entries in my Start menu:

DJI Assistant 2 (the old version)
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (the new version)

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic now opens properly on my Windows 10 PC. I haven't had a chance yet to actually do anything with it, but I no longer get blocked by that security prompt.

Larrry
2019-3-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

larryc43230 Posted at 3-21 02:45
I just worked fine for me in the United States. The new version of the app installed successfully, but it left the old version installed, too. I now have two entries in my Start menu:

OK. Thanks for confirming Larry.
The issue is that v2.0.7 isn't offered on all language derivations of the DJI website. Because I use a VPN, I'll often be forced to a non-english site, but if that happpens to anyone else, there's a direct link offered to Ass2 v2.0.7 in one of the other threads on this subject here.
2019-3-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-20 01:25

DJI Stephen, I can confirm (as reported on numerous threads) that Ass2 for Mavic v2.0.7 does NOT recognise the Mavic Air. I have to assume that it's for the Mavic 2 line only.

Can you advise when a working version of Ass2 will be available for the Mavic Air please.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-20 13:03
DJI Stephen, thanks for the update. Very much appreciated to hear that the update is in final testing. Cheers.

You are very much welcome Punchbuggy. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-3-23
Use props
taekwon
New
Flight distance : 3360 ft
United States

Still having the issue. I could not run the program because it was blocked and I tried to reinstall and that is blocked also. Latest download version is middle of last year. When will this be fixed?  I have professional shoots to do and this is causing real problems. I tried the Asst 2 for Mavic on two machines just in case, and that didn't work either (nor did I expect it). It installs fine, but will not connect to the Mavic 2 or controller.
2019-3-24
Use props
taekwon
New
United States

larryc43230 Posted at 3-21 02:45

Installs fine, but doesn't work on Mavic Pro. It is only for the Mavic 2
2019-3-25
Use props
taekwon
New
United States

Followed Peaceat711's Youtube video to disable the UA on the computer. It is via Regedit, but the video is a very simple walkthrough. Took me about 2 minutes. Was able to reinstall DJI Asst 2 for my Mavic Pro. Was able to run it and connect without any issues.

Peaceat711's post:
I found a great Youtube video with a workaround and it was successful.  https://youtu.be/Gjf0PxhGU0U

Thanks to everybody for trying to work through this.
2019-3-25
Use props
cbeno
lvl.1
Canada

toffe2000 Posted at 3-19 12:18
hey!
I had the same problem today and wath i found out is that if you are on a win 10 pc you can use dji assistant throu the admin account in windows.
to activate the admin account if you dont already hav go to the start menu an type cmd and right-click the top result, and select Run as administrator.
[Image]

Thanks 100%
2019-3-26
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

I post that resolve yet blind?
2019-3-26
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Win10 dont give u priv so must registry invoke priv called full control user account. Fix.
Then. Drvr blocked unsign, u must override via special boot menu.
And so forth loading win10 replc drvr
2019-3-26
Use props
toffe2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1115446 ft
Sweden

cbeno Posted at 3-26 20:29
Thanks 100%

Happy that it was useful
2019-3-29
Use props