Flight Data from Spark (yet again)
899 1 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RohdeScholar
lvl.2
United States

Recovering flight data has been covered in other threads, but I'm encountering a problem that, as far as I have found, hasn't been covered.

Reviewing the flight data can be helpful in finding out what went wrong if a flight goes awry.  There are many kinds of flight data.  DJI GO 4 has viewable flight review in the app.  There are .dat files (small letters) on the iphone or Android device that decode with DatCon and CsvView (and maybe with other applications like Litchi).  I've been able to review those, and they are helpful.

But there are also more comprehensive .DAT (capital letters) and Black Box data on some of the DJI drones (e.g., Mavic series and Phantom).  I'm hoping similar .DAT files and BB information is available for Spark

I've been trying to get Flight Data (.DAT) and Black Box info from Spark (fw V01.00.1000) via USB using Assistant 2 (V1.2.4) on a MacBook Pro running El Capitan.

While the DJI YouTube tutorial on flight data shows Assistant 2 displaying a list of flights from the connected drone after opening "Data Upload", when I open that window I get a rotating flower with no flights listed.  The tutorial also indicates that Black Box data is downloadable; however, when I try that, no BB data is downloaded (just the eternal rotating flower).

Am I missing a step here?  Do I need different software or firmware?  Different OS?  Or is the Spark just not equipped to produce that kind of data?

Thanks for any help you can give!
2019-3-19
Use props
RohdeScholar
lvl.2
United States

I understand from other threads that Spark doesn't download data into Assistant2.  Can someone confirm that?
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules