What is the life span of the Mavic platinum low noise propellers??
1092 6 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1688973 ft
Mexico

I have over a million feet of flight on the original propellers for my Mavic platinum.  They still look like "new" however I replaced them today as I had bought 4 extra sets with my original purchase.   Do they experience "plastic fatique".  I live where it is always warm so temperature change is not a factor.   

2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dronin. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. We do recommends changing your drone's propellers every 200 flights. That's if you fly in full charged batteries. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-3-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I think I would expand on Stephen's comment a bit.  Being an engineering type, I would say it depends on the way you fly.  Quick starts, quick direction changes, quick throttle application or removal, will all add to the torque placed on all of the components, especially the props and motors.  Gentle flying with gradual transitions would go a long way toward extending the life of not only the props, but most other parts as well.
2019-3-19
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 14:06
Hello and good day Dronin. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. We do recommends changing your drone's propellers every 200 flights. That's if you fly in full charged batteries. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

thank you.   good rule of thumb
2019-3-22
Use props
Dronin
lvl.3
Mexico

AG0N-Gary Posted at 3-19 16:36
I think I would expand on Stephen's comment a bit.  Being an engineering type, I would say it depends on the way you fly.  Quick starts, quick direction changes, quick throttle application or removal, will all add to the torque placed on all of the components, especially the props and motors.  Gentle flying with gradual transitions would go a long way toward extending the life of not only the props, but most other parts as well.

Thank you.  That does make sense.  using 200 17 minute flights as a baseline a go up or down from there depending on my flight style...   
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dronin Posted at 3-22 11:46
thank you.   good rule of thumb

You are very much welcome Dronin. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know info right here, thanks for asking a great question that a lot of Pilots overlook.
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules