Anywhere in the U.K. stock the 3.5mm audio adaptor?
1210 15 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

I know this sounds a bit strange. Does anyone know of anywhere in the U.K. that actually stocks the mic adaptor for the Pocket?

I've the opportunity to do some exhaustive microphone and audio testing with a Pocket that I'll have for a few days but need to get my hands on the adaptor. If anyone knows of anywhere that actually has physical stock and can do next day delivery, I'd really appreciate the heads up. I've seen a few of the usual camera outlets advertising it but they don't have deliverable stock.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-19
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I've looked for myself Dave, not just for the audio adapter in the past and the only reliable place is the Dji UK website. No retailers even that stock the drones such as PC world have them
2019-3-19
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-19 23:34
I've looked for myself Dave, not just for the audio adapter in the past and the only reliable place is the Dji UK website. No retailers even that stock the drones such as PC world have them

Hi Ray, thanks for the reply.

It does appear that there are very few stockists in the UK for at least the Pocket range and its accessories. Maybe due to supply and demand an the fact that DJI offer their own direct sales, there may just be simply no extra stock for re-sellers, as it does seem that the Pocket and its accessories are still in high demand.

It also appears that DJI stock may be shipped in from outside the UK, this would explain what would appear to be very expensive shipping costs for small items such as the mic adaptor. If this is the case then I feel that I owe DJI an apology for the complaints I've made with regard the shipping costs, as £13 for international shipping with a reputable courier isn't at all out of the ordinary.

At this point and admittedly out of desperation because of a time scale, I'd pay the DJI price for the adaptor but I'm not sure that the delivery time would work for me at the moment.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

David_Harry Posted at 3-20 08:39
Hi Ray, thanks for the reply.

It does appear that there are very few stockists in the UK for at least the Pocket range and its accessories. Maybe due to supply and demand an the fact that DJI offer their own direct sales, there may just be simply no extra stock for re-sellers, as it does seem that the Pocket and its accessories are still in high demand.

Delivery from Dji at present for the adapter stands at seven days after confirmation of payment Dave.

By the way, looking at your mic build video, does it require batteries and if so, what type, please?
I didn't see any mention of batteries in the video. Also, you could use Sugru to fix the capsules in place. Useful stuff. Waterproof, extreme temperature proof, moulds easily and acts as a shock absorber. Once set, is quite tough.
Speaking of which,
I've been busy making a holder for the mic adapter so I can't accidentally bend it at the base of the Osmo Pocket. Made from cut up old car coil pack tops, various epoxies, and Sugru. the mount extends the bottom of the pocket by about 2cm and gives the adapter a ridged supported mount while still extractable.
2019-3-20
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-20 11:03
Delivery from Dji at present for the adapter stands at seven days after confirmation of payment Dave.

By the way, looking at your mic build video, does it require batteries and if so, what type, please?

Hi Ray.

The capsules are ECMs and take power from the electret/plugin voltage of the host, so will technically work with the Pocket.

The reason for jamming the capsules into the end caps is because using anything to fix them into place such as Sugru or hot glue etc. would probably mean some of it covering the capsules, which will end up altering the capsules' pickup. If the mics were being used in something with more working space, then yes, fixing them in with something would be easier.

That idea you have sounds really good, hopefully you'll post your build once it's complete. I need to see about getting a short USB extender cable to reposition the mic adaptor somewhere else, probably on that 1/4 20 extension bar that I use on my small rig.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-20
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

amazon.UK writes delivery whitin 2-3 days  ....
2019-3-20
Use props
fansbdd6d074
New
United Kingdom

I bought one extra to get past the crazy postage fee, you can buy it from the following link.

Yes it is 40 pounds but that is still cheaper then getting one from dji site if you include postage. and you will receive it quicker too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283425477160
2019-3-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansbdd6d074 Posted at 3-21 04:31
I bought one extra to get past the crazy postage fee, you can buy it from the following link.

Yes it is 40 pounds but that is still cheaper then getting one from dji site if you include postage. and you will receive it quicker too.

Hi.

You absolute life saver THANK YOU so much, I've just ordered one.

I'd been looking everywhere including eBay and completely missed that one.

Postage is first class signed for and is no later than Monday for delivery. So basically £5 for RM signed for, which is absolutely reasonable.

I've ordered one from Amazon coming from China and it is the DJI one, that one cost £25 and free delivery which'll probably take 4 weeks but this won't be an issue now as I'll have one for Monday and the other one is a backup.

Again, thank you so much, this is a MASSIVE help.

Cheers,
Dave.  
2019-3-21
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.7d674c4drUfnOl
2019-3-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 3-21 13:07
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-DJI-Osmo-Pocket-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter-Supports-external-3-5mm-microphone-for-DJI-Osmo/32989607161.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7d674c4drUfnOl

Hi.

Thanks for the link. I needed one very quickly and fansbdd6d074 posted one from eBay UK with two day delivery, which I've just ordered.

The one you've just posted is a great price and I'm sure will be good for anyone who doesn't need quick delivery.

Merci,
Dave.
2019-3-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BeterBan Posted at 3-20 17:36
amazon.UK writes delivery whitin 2-3 days  ....

Where's that one?

2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation for you to possibly purchase this 3.5mm adapter. You may check the link below as well for you to have a reference for our re-seller and authorized dealers. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-3-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-21 16:48
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation for you to possibly purchase this 3.5mm adapter. You may check the link below as well for you to have a reference for our re-seller and authorized dealers. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Hi Tony.

Thank you for that information.

I needed the adaptor delivered quicker than the usual options, another forum user helped me with this.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

David_Harry Posted at 3-21 17:17
Hi Tony.

Thank you for that information.

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad that you've received a great recommendation via the help of our DJI Forum members. Hopefully, you could receive this accessory as soon as possible. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-24
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-24 16:14
Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad that you've received a great recommendation via the help of our DJI Forum members. Hopefully, you could receive this accessory as soon as possible. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony.

I've received the adaptor and have been using it, thanks.

Also a big THANK YOU to fansbdd6d074 for the advice and demonstrating excellent forum spirit.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

David_Harry Posted at 3-24 18:15
Hi Tony.

I've received the adaptor and have been using it, thanks.

Hi, thanks for the prompt update. Glad to know that you've received the 3.5mm adapter via the help of our DJI forum member. Kindly let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules