4014 13 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
muflone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613120 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, I am having tons of problems with my new DJI Smart Controller, I have not yet been able to use it.

Linking does not work, whenever I press the linking button, the linking procedure is never initiated. The Linking button never becomes blue (as I have seen in the manual and in reviews on Youtube). Using the buttons combination (C1 + C2 + record button) as suggested by the manual does not work.

I am unable to update the firmware to the latest V1.00.0400 version. I have tried it atleast 50 times by now, but it's impossible to update from the contorller or using DJI Assistant 2.

The update always fails at 15% when installing, it downloads fine. I have a perfectly working internet connection (1 gigabit up and down), and the Controller has always been above 90% battery when trying to install. I am using the original USB-C cable included, and I have also tried with different cables.

I'm running the firmware V1.00.0284 as the controller says.

I have done a factory reset on the controller atleast 10 times by now, and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 on both a Mac and a PC.

Any chance this could be fixed? Any other way to update the firmware?
2019-3-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Try updated via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 without SD card in and then do linking via android quick menu which you could pull from top of the screen. There is icon Linking.
2019-3-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-20 02:29
Try updated via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 without SD card in and then do linking via android quick menu which you could pull from top of the screen. There is icon Linking.

Be sure you have dji assistant 2 for Mavic 2 - version 2.0.6, not normal DJI assistatnt 2 for drones before mavic 2.
2019-3-20
Use props
Nieminenracing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1346188 ft
Finland

Hello... I just bought smart controller. and i have tried to update firmware. via wifi. firmware downloads to 100% and when it starts updating it stays 0% nothing happens.. I wonder why these dji products have always problems with firmware update?  
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're getting an error message during updating the firmware of your unit? May we ask what was the version of your DJI Assistant 2? We've released the latest version for the Mavic2 Pro that you could try to possibly update the firmware. Please check the link below for your reference.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-21
Use props
ebiscaroK18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043409 ft
Malaysia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-21 16:40
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're getting an error message during updating the firmware of your unit? May we ask what was the version of your DJI Assistant 2? We've released the latest version for the Mavic2 Pro that you could try to possibly update the firmware. Please check the link below for your reference.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

I have a similar problem. The wireless update does not work, I downloaded the APP using the link above. The remote links OK, The update downloads. The update transfer to the unit. The unit starts to upgrade. Around 16% the app freezes and after a few minutes the attached error pops up.
2019-4-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

ebiscaroK18 Posted at 4-2 04:09
I have a similar problem. The wireless update does not work, I downloaded the APP using the link above. The remote links OK, The update downloads. The update transfer to the unit. The unit starts to upgrade. Around 16% the app freezes and after a few minutes the attached error pops up. [view_image]

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can attempt to keep the Smart Controller from going to sleep or powering off.  Periodically, press the Power button to keep it awake.
2019-4-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

ebiscaroK18 Posted at 4-2 04:09
I have a similar problem. The wireless update does not work, I downloaded the APP using the link above. The remote links OK, The update downloads. The update transfer to the unit. The unit starts to upgrade. Around 16% the app freezes and after a few minutes the attached error pops up. [view_image]

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can attempt to keep the Smart Controller from going to sleep or powering off.  Periodically, press the Power button to keep it awake.
2019-4-2
Use props
ebiscaroK18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043409 ft
Malaysia

ff22 Posted at 4-2 09:11

Thanks, I will try, but is it normal that the update remains stuck at 16% for 5-8 minutes?
2019-4-2
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

ebiscaroK18 Posted at 4-2 15:00
Thanks, I will try, but is it normal that the update remains stuck at 16% for 5-8 minutes?

Hi,

I remember mine remained stuck at 16% for a long time when updating, but I cannot say the exact time.
2019-4-3
Use props
Manan Haria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16 ft
India

Is there any solution to the above said problem ? Even am facing the same issue
2021-9-8
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Manan Haria Posted at 9-8 21:47
Is there any solution to the above said problem ? Even am facing the same issue

There could be several reasons why the update doesn't succeed.

A typical problem occurs at 16%. It stays on for a long time at 16%. Do not think it is stocked. Have pacience.
A second problem is the internet connection. The SC links up easier to a 2.8 GHz wifi than a 5 GHz.
Another issue is the speed of the dns of your internet provider. In some cases the response of DNS is too slow and the update breaks off with a "time-out" error. Using a faster DNS setting like 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) or 8.8.8.8 (Google) can solve the problem of a slow DNS by your provider.
If possible use the WiFi at home to connect too, not a shared connection with your smartphone or 4G device.
Keep your SC awake. Tap from time to time on your screen or change the "sleep" settings on the SC.
Another option to overcome transmission problems is to download the Assistent 2 app from the DJI website and update the SC connected to your pc with the USB cable.
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_WDQDrctSv6wC
New
Flight distance : 419341 ft
Sri Lanka

how did you fix this issue im having the same and im really frustrated
2022-9-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

djiuser_WDQDrctSv6wC Posted at 9-16 06:50
how did you fix this issue im having the same and im really frustrated

IF, all that is happening that you feel is wrong, is the 16% indicator stopping, then as one person said, be patient and wait.  Preperation will help, be sure controller is fully charged, and that you are doing the update while coupled to a home computer.  It took me almost an hour.  I also got that window about the connection, so did it again.  It seems to work best with USB 2.0, but that is a guess.  Good luck.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules