2442 9 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbranco
lvl.1

Brazil

Hey Guys,

Our P4 are presenting the following issues:

During the flight the P4 is loosing connection. The controler change to red light but I don not loose the control of the aircraft. Then it back to green.

Also in automatic missions, the "connection lost" message appears, but the aircraft continues the mission without problem. The only problem during the mission is that the P4 do not take some pictures. Does anybody knows what it should be?

Best regards,

Julio
2019-3-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I would guess you are not losing the connection long enough for it to go into RTH mode. If you are intermittently losing signal, you could have some control. Are you flying around trees, mountains, buildings, or low altitude? These all can have an effect on your signal. Are you experiencing something different than what you are used to? Are you flying a similar route as you have before without problems? Are you familiar with proper antenna positioning? Just asking, as this can also effect your signal. A little more detail as what you are experiencing would help.

Same with your missions. If you are getting a "connection lost" on your app, the mission should continue if it loads up correctly, but without the connection you will not be able to manually take pictures because you have no connectivity at that time. What are you using for your missions? Are you programming the phantom to take pictures within the mission? I use Litchi, and often lose connectivity, but if I have programmed it to take photos it will still do it, but of course if I was wanting to manually take a shot, I can't if I have lost the signal.
2019-3-20
Use props
jbranco
lvl.1

Brazil

RicardoGray Posted at 3-20 06:12
I would guess you are not losing the connection long enough for it to go into RTH mode. If you are intermittently losing signal, you could have some control. Are you flying around trees, mountains, buildings, or low altitude? These all can have an effect on your signal. Are you experiencing something different than what you are used to? Are you flying a similar route as you have before without problems? Are you familiar with proper antenna positioning? Just asking, as this can also effect your signal. A little more detail as what you are experiencing would help.

Same with your missions. If you are getting a "connection lost" on your app, the mission should continue if it loads up correctly, but without the connection you will not be able to manually take pictures because you have no connectivity at that time. What are you using for your missions? Are you programming the phantom to take pictures within the mission? I use Litchi, and often lose connectivity, but if I have programmed it to take photos it will still do it, but of course if I was wanting to manually take a shot, I can't if I have lost the signal.

Hi Ricardo, Thanks for your reply. I made the test flight in an open area. A small airport. When I move the aircraft, sometimes, the image disappears form the screen and then comes back. I am using drone deploy for the missions with automatic photos. What is strange is that the remote control led stays red sometimes during the flight but I do not loose the control of the aircraft. In Drone Deploy the aircraft takes the pictures but sometimes it do not take the picture in the correct area and I cannot make the mosaic.
2019-3-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Well like I said, if you are losing signal for a few moments at a time, it will show the red LED but when it regains connectivity will go back to green. You might still have control during this time even though the LED is red. There might be a bit of a lag in it though. I am not familiar with Drone Deploy myself. Maybe someone can weigh in on this that is familiar with that app. But I would think if you program it to take photos it should do it, provided it maintains good GPS throughout the flight. What altitudes are you flying? Also you might play around with your radio channels. Try picking a different frequency maybe instead of relying on "auto". Sometimes the aircraft can lose signal by rotating a bit, and then come back all of a sudden. What kind of distances are we talking about too? A lot of things to consider here. I understand you say you were in an open area, but what is your altitude, is your antenna positioned correctly, etc.? Can't explain why it is not taking pictures at the right locations but double check your mission settings I guess.
2019-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jbranco Posted at 3-20 07:11
Hi Ricardo, Thanks for your reply. I made the test flight in an open area. A small airport. When I move the aircraft, sometimes, the image disappears form the screen and then comes back. I am using drone deploy for the missions with automatic photos. What is strange is that the remote control led stays red sometimes during the flight but I do not loose the control of the aircraft. In Drone Deploy the aircraft takes the pictures but sometimes it do not take the picture in the correct area and I cannot make the mosaic.

What are your still photo settings? Are you taking RAW+JPG? If so, try taking only JPG.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're using a mobile device or a built-in screen remote controller? Have you tried to re-link the remote controller and the aircraft? Please ensure that the RC and aircraft are up to date when in terms of firmware. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-20
Use props
jbranco
lvl.1

Brazil

Geebax Posted at 3-20 13:50
What are your still photo settings? Are you taking RAW+JPG? If so, try taking only JPG.

Tks for the reply Geebax. It was configured as JPG only.
2019-3-21
Use props
jbranco
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 3-20 16:30
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're using a mobile device or a built-in screen remote controller? Have you tried to re-link the remote controller and the aircraft? Please ensure that the RC and aircraft are up to date when in terms of firmware. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony, Tks for your reply. I made this and I will test it again.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jbranco Posted at 3-21 03:22
Hi Tony, Tks for your reply. I made this and I will test it again.

Hi, thank you for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. You may have a safe flight ahead!
2019-3-21
Use props
jbranco
lvl.1

Brazil

RE: Phanton 4 - Loosing connection during flight - Solved

Hi all,

I followed all the suggested steps and in the last tests the P4 did not presented the described errors. Thanks to all by the help.
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules