Ronin S mount
1846 6 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SavvyProduction
lvl.1
United States

Is there some sort of hip brace or something that you can temporarily mount a Ronin S too so you don't have to hold it all day? I'll be doing a 14 hour shoot and I think that will kill my back.

Utah Video Productions
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry that we don't have this particular accessory that we could offer to you in our store. Hopefully, you could get the best recommendation where you could purchase this type of accessory for you to possibly achieve this kind of situation. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-20
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here’s an idea from a guy on a video i saw. His solution starts at 8:50 minutes in.

Here is another option :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 3_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2019-3-20
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here's what I've been experimenting with:

This is essentially a Smallrig Clamp for (left) Smallrig NATO monitor arm, and (right) a Smallrig NATO handle with a QR Quickrelease plate to suit a modified CameTV vest and arm.
So far a good idea, but the problem is the Ronin isn't center gravity, hence it's not working as well as intended. (wobbly gyration on the vertical plane, etc)
Missing the ability to mount the Ronin without the grip onto the gimbal arm. Then it should be interesting ;-)
Work in progress!
/edit: base of RoninS is Manfrotto standard so it can go quickly onto
a) tripod
b) monopod [you should try this one too!]
c) tablepod

add: so far, this really only good to take the weight. I haven't yet managed to get results that look they way I find acceptable when you walk & move simultaneously. But maybe that's just me.. ;-)
2019-3-20
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m an 18 year Steadicam operator. It’s my day job.

Slick idea bro!

You can add more counter weight to the bottom of the gimbal (sled)to extend the c.g. And get better control  at the “yoke” (smallrig handle is acting as the “yoke” to the stabilizer ).

The “Arm” that you are using doesn’t look safe enough to carry that payload, but could be just the angle of the photo.

Still, nice idea.
2019-3-21
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ALWAYS have a monopod connected to my Ronin-S.  if folded up all the way, it is an extra 18" long handle which helps to manage the Ronin and smooth out shots (since I can have one hand much farther from the second hand).  But I can extend the monopod and shoot or at least give my back and arms a break for a while.  In the rare instance that I have to pull off the monopod, I really miss it.
2019-3-21
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

marctronixx Posted at 3-21 07:10
I’m an 18 year Steadicam operator. It’s my day job.

Slick idea bro!

Thanks @marctronixx, more counterweight is exactly what I was trying to avoid if the rig was balanced properly ;-)
The arm is OK but the 2 segments are relatively short hence there's not enough movement for meaningful z-axis compensation, and obviously the gimbal doesn't freely rotate on its handle-axis..
I'd like to see a 'handle-extension' accessory that allows a baseplate to be mounted at the attachment point whilst providing a cable connection between the battery grip and the gimbal.Then I might continue this experiment..!
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules