7575 10 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkyoungharding
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4409 ft
United States

Hello all!

I recently purchased the DJI Spark Fly More Combo.  Before actually flying the Spark, I would like to spend substantial time using the simulator.  I was able to download the simulator on my Windows 10 based laptop.  My Spark, iPhone and the remote control that came with the combo are all linked.  

I've done a lot of research, reading the manuals, watching online tutorials, etc.  I understand that the Spark and remote control both need to be turned on to use the simulator.  I have removed the propellers from the Spark to avoid a catastrophe, per suggestions I have found in forums.  

I plug in the USB cable into the remote control, and the other end into the USB port on my laptop, and there is no response when trying to use the remote control.  I also have my iPhone on and linked to the remote control Spark wifi (although I don't know if this is necessary or not, but I'm trying everything) and am connected to wifi on my laptop.  I can use my keyboard to scroll through the different options in the simulator.  I get to the Spark simulator and choose options (using the keyboard), but no response what-so-ever from the remote control.  The remote control is controlling the Spark when plugged into my laptop (good thing I removed the propellers!).  

I've read mixed postings online about the Spark remote control not being compatible with the simulator and others that have said they have it working with no problem.  Which is it?

Thank you in advance for all your help with this matter.

2019-3-20
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There are two simulators, one within the Go4 App and the standalone enterprise version for W10 (and possibly Mac).  Unfortunately, and to the best of my knowledge the Spark controller will not work with the latter. If there is a way to get the Spark controller working I’m sure many other owners, including myself, would be greatly excited to learn how.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern. I'm afraid to say that DJI Simulator for windows doesn't support the Spark RC. Other supported remote controllers are the following: Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, and Lightbridge 2. However, we have the built-in Simulator on the DJI Go 4 app and you need to be connected from your Aircraft (just make sure the props are removed), you may check this. Best regards!

2019-3-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My advice:
Put the guards on, get out and switch the Spark into tripod for the first batterie or so.
2019-3-22
Use props
Oitar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23999 ft
South Africa

S-e-ven Posted at 3-22 07:10
My advice:
Put the guards on, get out and switch the Spark into tripod for the first batterie or so.

Good advice!

Can anyone confirm: the Spark RC is not being recognized by Windows AT ALL?
Tried on 3 different pc's, not even a sound confirming USB device connected. Only reaction is the RC starts charging.
Is this proper behavior? This info is nowhere to be found.
2019-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Oitar Posted at 5-6 06:37
Good advice!

Can anyone confirm: the Spark RC is not being recognized by Windows AT ALL?

PC to RC via USB cable = charging, nothing else!
2019-5-6
Use props
Oitar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23999 ft
South Africa

S-e-ven Posted at 5-6 06:57
PC to RC via USB cable = charging, nothing else!

Thank you for confirming it! Strange that it's only for charging, since it has the proper USB interface to the phone.
I wish DJI would make it clear that it doesn't work with windows(and maybe fix it with a future update).
2019-5-7
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

I can't get the simulator to work on my phone with my spark either.  I'm connected to the drone and the simulator comes up but when I use any of the controls it won't do anything.  Just shows the drone sitting on the ground.
2019-8-1
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

haven't played that for quiet some time, but have you taken off the probs and used the start button?
2019-8-1
Use props
Ronin56
lvl.1

Czechia

And yet the Spark is specifically mentioned in the specs for the simulator!  https://www.dji.com/au/mobile/simulator/info#specs
2021-8-6
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Try the DJI assistant 2, it has a simulator built in, and it worked for the 1 time that I decided to test out the simulator and see if any of my Spark's components needed updates.I also looked at the page specified by someone previously, and while the Spark is supported, its rc is not. Here is the FAQ answer for that.
Flight Simulator supports the DJI remote controllers for the Mavic Air, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, Inspire 1 Series, DJI Smart Controller, and Lightbridge 2.
2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules