Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Various problems with my Phantom Standard 3
6298 9 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sulli
New
Flight distance : 1119 ft
Spain

I'm currently unable to use my Phantom Standard 3 at all.
Problems started a few months ago, when my drone refused to take off for some reason. I didn't have the time to investigate then, but today I decided to try again. With no luck, I had all these problems:

- I had problems to connect to the remote wifi (my phone said "you might not be able to access the internet on this wifi" and displayed an exclamation mark close to the wifi symbol, first time I've ever seen this message).- Then my drone was not recognized when I went to the DJI app.
- Then after multiple wifi / remote control reboots, the drone was recognized but "wifi connection was very weak", and I was unable to see my camera on the screen.
- Drone also refused to take off.

Is this a known bug, is there something I can try or should I contact DJI support right away? Of course my drone is not anymore under guarantee.

2019-3-20
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

You first need to ensure your remote and the aircraft are properly linked.  How to do this is in the P3S manual available on the DJI website.  You do not need internet access to fly your drone.  Make sure the phone you are using is compatible with the P3S (also on the DJI site).  Most devices will have a SETTINGS where you can see the available wireless devices which may require you to select the PHANTOM to connect (with aircraft and remote turned on).  You need to get your remote connected to the aircraft before you can go on.  Good luck.
2019-3-20
Use props
sulli
New
Spain

I know how it works. I've been using this drone with the same phone for years before it stopped working.

So my phone is compatible.

And the problem is precisely that the remote seems to have problems to connect to the aircraft (or that the phone has problems to connect to the remote).
2019-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sulli Posted at 3-20 11:36
I know how it works. I've been using this drone with the same phone for years before it stopped working.

So my phone is compatible.

The issue of 'no internet connection' is quite usual. The phone expects any WiFi connection it makes should have a connection to the Internet, otherwise why would you connect? Right? But the connection to the RC control unit does not NEED internet, so you can just ignore it.

For the moment, forget about your phone and just see if the aircraft and RC unit can connect. With both units on, you should be able to tilt the gimbal up and down, and hopefully, start the motors on the aircraft by bringing both sticks down and towaards the centre. If not, then you need to re-link the two devices.

As for the drone refusing to take off, try starting the motors as described above and if you cannot then lift off, check to see if you are in a Warning Zone, perhaps an airport.
2019-3-20
Use props
sulli
New
Spain

Thanks, so I was able to connect the aircraft to the RC, tilt the gimbal and start the motors. I was also able to lift off but the aircraft started to drift so I stopped it immediately.

I'm still unable to use the app. When I start the app, I get the message "Remote controller connected. Connect the aircraft". Usually it would take me straight to camera mode.

I can still click manually on Camera mode, but I get the message "remote controller signal weak", and I don't have any feedback of the camera on the screen. When I try to "Calibrate", it says "Disconnected".
2019-3-21
Use props
sulli
New
Spain

ok so after resetting the wifi password a couple of times, restarting my phone, trying to reconnect multiple times, it now works as expected. I have no idea what was wrong.
2019-3-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The culprit seems to be the missing connection between the RC and AC. If the control signal or WIFI from the RC not reach the AC then the AC is nt controlable or you got  no telemetry or cam picture to the phone.
May be that was going wrong on that time.
2019-3-21
Use props
NM_Quad
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 3-21 01:52
The culprit seems to be the missing connection between the RC and AC. If the control signal or WIFI from the RC not reach the AC then the AC is nt controlable or you got  no telemetry or cam picture to the phone.
May be that was going wrong on that time.

Glad you got your P3S working and flying.  It's frustrating when things quit working.  There's lots of problems similar to yours where the remote and aircraft suddenly quits working, or the Go App won't connect.  Re-linking or downloading the Go App again seems to fix many such problems, while the cause of the problem remains uncertain.  Nothing worse than a P3S sitting there that does nothing, so glad you got it figured out and back in the air.  
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sulli. I am sorry to know that you had  some issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard before and it is glad to know that you have already fixed the said issue. If you have any other issues or concern with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are all here to help you. Thank you.
2019-3-23
Use props
jstickman
New

United Kingdom

hello, i recently started to get back into my drone. it was working fine until it ran out of battery's. it was fairly low to the ground when suddenly it shot up in the air a f]good 15 feet and slowly and fell onto my roof where it hit the concrete on the way down.
2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules