Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mixing 4K 30fps and 1080 fps footage ?
823 9 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

I have useable footage at both settings  4K 30fps and 1080 30fps all recorded on my OP.

What problems might I run into if I try to use them in the same project?  

If I can use them together - should I set the project for 4K or 1080 ?

Not for professional use btw.
2019-3-20
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

I most convert 4K to 1080 ... and problem is solved.
2019-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Best to drop 4K to 1080p, it will be fine, just realized we both have the same two names, unless your hear incognito ;+) ::::::::::
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Like other suggestion, you could set it into a 4K and convert it into 1080p to have a lower resolution. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-20
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Mixing it is no problem.
You can down scale 4K to 1080P or up scale 1080P into 4K.
It is usually depends on what resolution is the majority of your footage.
If 90% is shot on 4K then up scale 10% 1080P.

If you watch it on huge screen then your 1080P footages will be noticable from 4K footages but other then that you can get by with mixing two.
2019-3-20
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you for your replies.

I'm going to appear a bit thick here but what is the best way to convert 4K to 1080 and visa versa?   I use Adobe Premiere Elements.

Thanks
2019-3-21
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

I usually don't convert 4k to 1080p.  Instead, I just drop the 4k files to a 1080p timeline for fake dolly shots, zoom, etc.  Then, at the very end I export everything as a 1080p video.  In some cases, I use proxies too for 4k files.  I edit with Premiere Pro.  Handbrake is a free pc app that converts files to other formats etc.  I believe it does 4k if you want to convert files.   https://handbrake.fr/
2019-3-21
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi John.

Just set your project to whatever you want the output to be or maybe whatever the resolution is for the bulk of your footage. If you don't need UHD on the output just edit 1080, if it's UHD for your target/output, just edit UHD.

As for scaling. This'll depend on how your NLE does this as to how well UHD looks down converted to 1080 or 1080 upconverted to UHD.

The best freely available scaling option would be a version of Lanczos. If your NLE supports this give it a try. Or just choose the best scaling option that is provided by your NLE.

The scaling algorithm is what will determine the best conversion quality. Just do a few tests with your options in your NLE and gauge for yourself, by eye, which one works best, assuming your NLE gives options. If there are no scaling options then just use a project that suits your desired destination.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-21
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

Some great advice - thank you all.  Being a relative novice when it comes to formats I have learned a lot from your replies  - brilliant
2019-3-21
Use props
Ttrilles
Second Officer
Germany

The point is the movies have the same frame rate or the frame rate is divisible.

24/24, 48/24, 25/25, 50/25, 30/30, 60/30.

T.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules