Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error "Check USB connection"
4887 5 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranger01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44770 ft
Australia

First post - as in most cases its when something goes wrong - please note the Mavic Ent 2 worked without a fault straight out of the box for the last 3 weeks - so this message was a surprise.

Yesterday - great day, everything went great.... today after a small meeting with a tree (low battery) - drone fine eventually got it out of the tree, changed battery took off, all good.  After lunch - showed a mate all the accessories (speaker, strobe and spotlight - just to show off) after this went to take it off started app and after IMU warning disappeared - a red message saying "Cannot take off" and a Yellow message "Failed to take off. Check the USB connection with the Aircraft" followed the restarting suggestion then:
  • Powered down Drone
  • Powered down Controller
  • Closed App
  • Restarted everything ... Same error
  • Checked for latest Firmware .. had it
  • Ran DJI assistant
  • Re did step 1-4 same error.

Anyone have any ideas what I could try next, would be greatly appreciated
2019-3-21
Use props
Ranger01
lvl.2
Australia

Anyone?  Any suggestion would be great.  Have gone thru to above again including removing the SD card still no fly.  Funny how if you have the Mavic 2 Ent, DJI's chat can't help and suggest you email support - I have let's see how long they take to reply 24 hrs and waiting.
2019-3-22
Use props
Kuwaiti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350915 ft
Kuwait

Change your usb cable I had similar with gimbal it wasn’t moving when I use iPhone cable
2019-3-23
Use props
Ranger01
lvl.2
Australia

Here is an update on the Error - have to admit very disappointing at this stage, the first point is from the point of contact which is only by email, to get a quote back was almost 2 weeks, as I had work that needed to be done I got another Mavic Pro to get job done.

Today the quote came back, heard rumors that they will possibly send another unit back and repair your to speed up the process - this is WRONG, its 3 weeks old and they are going to repair it furthermore charge over $1000.00 the main reason "The core board module malfunction" - no explanation why or what happened or caused it, next point of damage is they say the blades need replacing and guess what no loyalty here its the full $21.00 a pair.

On the repair, return email it said the AC power cord was not included - tell you what they had better find out who opened it because it was sent.

We were discussing the other day getting the Mavic Dual for our local fire brigade to use for hotspot surveys after bush fires, possibly not such a great idea as these drones may become big money pits as you are at the mercy of the repair center in regards to how much they feel like charging to repair them.

I will more than likely have to pay it because of its a 4.5k drone, they had better send all the damaged components back including the faulty core board with the malfunction.

I had a chat to the service support people to get some more information on the quote and more details on the "Malfunction", he was polite and said he would get back to me, so here is hoping there is some middle ground we can agree on.  The short time I had it the drone did produce some fantastic thermal imagery and was great to fly when the controller and phone maintained a connection (they need to do something about that USB connection).

Will post an update when they get back to me - just a warning if you get that "Cannot take off" and a Yellow message "Failed to take off. Check the USB connection with the Aircraft" because its a $1000.00 message.
2019-4-3
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Talking the "USB Connection"

Have you replaced the cable with a "KNOWN DATA CABLE"  Not just a "cable" which might be a charge only cable..........Just a thought.

Randy
2019-4-4
Use props
Ranger01
lvl.2
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 4-4 07:49
Talking the "USB Connection"

Have you replaced the cable with a "KNOWN DATA CABLE"  Not just a "cable" which might be a charge only cable..........Just a thought.

Hi rwynant,  thanks for the suggestion, yes tried the cable on other devices to transfer data, photos etc worked perfectly.  The problem was not connecting to the drone because I did that to reload the firmware.  It was when it came to taking off, the error occurred.  Thanks again.
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules