1007 22 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the Fly More Combo, but find the carry bag very tight when putting in the controller, 2 spare batteries and aircraft. Will it loosen up in time?
What are you using to carry your kit? The protective pouch looks as if it will offer more protection, but I'm often carrying a tripod, camera and snakcs, so I'd like to get the drone kit all in one case. The carry bag is designed for this, but the Air looks a little less protected than the Spark is it's own bag.
Thanks,
Chris

Mavic Air Bag

Mavic Air Bag
2019-3-21
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is what I use!
FF3FAA12-869B-41D0-BE3C-F83D9C375834.jpeg
424C40E4-3AA3-4890-B646-FFC0EFDBF4E8.jpeg
2019-3-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks great, where did you purchase it from please?
2019-3-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Use a backpack that has a hard plastic case foamed for Mavic Pro.  With a slot above spot for plastic case, which will hold a tablet or CrystalSky Ultra.
As for carrying it, throw backpack into back of Jeep, and let it carry load.   
2019-3-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-21 06:57
Use a backpack that has a hard plastic case foamed for Mavic Pro.  With a slot above spot for plastic case, which will hold a tablet or CrystalSky Ultra.
As for carrying it, throw backpack into back of Jeep, and let it carry load.

Thank you!
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_yCppxFA2olVN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 796457 ft
United Kingdom

20190321_162328.jpg
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_yCppxFA2olVN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 796457 ft
United Kingdom

I use a case called Dave
From Case Farm.. really durable.
20190321_162328.jpg
20190321_162357.jpg
2019-3-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_yCppxFA2olVN Posted at 3-21 08:29
I use a case called Dave
From Case Farm.. really durable.

Thank you, that looks like it will protect your drone from anything!
2019-3-21
Use props
SeanMichaels
lvl.1

United States

I'm a huge fan of cases that have pick n pluck foam because I like to be able to customize the interior of the case. I'm able to get some extra gear in my case that would normally either have to be stuffed in at the end or in my backpack.

Currently, I'm using a Seahorse 920 to house mine. It's a bit more affordable than a Pelican case.  That being said, I wish it was a little larger. I found there are other Pelican case alternatives available from companies like Ibex and Monoprice.

Info: https://drummingreview.com/pelican-case-alternative/
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you may need to be stored the items that you need to carry out when flying your drone. You could also check our backpack that we're offering into our store allowing you to carry more items. You may refer to the link below for further check. Thank you for continued support.

https://store.dji.com/product/gear-backpack-medium
2019-3-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-21 10:24
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you may need to be stored the items that you need to carry out when flying your drone. You could also check our backpack that we're offering into our store allowing you to carry more items. You may refer to the link below for further check. Thank you for continued support.

https://store.dji.com/product/gear-backpack-medium

Thank you DJI Tony, my tripod is a Manfrotto and is superb, I'll take a look.
2019-3-21
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

ChrisJG Posted at 3-21 06:52
Looks great, where did you purchase it from please?

Amazon
2019-3-21
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, I  try very hard not to use Amazon for anything, (they treat their workforce very badly here in the UK).
2019-3-21
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

ChrisJG Posted at 3-21 11:10
Thank you, I  try very hard not to use Amazon for anything, (they treat their workforce very badly here in the UK).

Search for “Mavic Air case” on Aliexpress
2019-3-21
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

I have the same. I have purchased on Amazon. One of the best case in my opinion.
2019-3-21
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Alex1976 Posted at 3-21 11:37
I have the same. I have purchased on Amazon. One of the best case in my opinion.

Is very good and practical case for our MA. I like the design of the bag that come with the fly more combo but is too small.
2019-3-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Peak Design 5L sling (Mavic 2 Pro with 3 batteries)
2019-3-22
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

I really like this custom dense foam insert MA case from Freewell I bought last April. Holds everything I need for an extended flying session (including 3 or 4 spare batteries; I keep my PolarPro ND filters in one of the slots) in 1 convenient zippered soft but rigid & rugged case. No need to remove the RC’s joysticks, either - another plus.

2019-3-22
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
United States

The little colored plastic bits you see in the case photo are 3D-printed battery terminal covers I found online, downloaded & printed in multiple PLA filament colors. I use them to color-code & be able to quickly visually tell fresh from partly discharged batteries. Sadly the foam cutout in the case for the spare batteries is so tight-fitting I’ll have to shave it down just a tad for the MA batteries to fit with the connector covers in place.

2019-3-22
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spaceman_66 Posted at 3-22 17:06
The little colored plastic bits you see in the case photo are 3D-printed battery terminal covers I found online, downloaded & printed in multiple PLA filament colors. I use them to color-code & be able to quickly visually tell fresh from partly discharged batteries. Sadly the foam cutout in the case for the spare batteries is so tight-fitting I’ll have to shave it down just a tad for the MA batteries to fit with the connector covers in place.

[view_image]

Nice! I should see if I could make these out of some kind of rubber or soft plastic. I recently bought some from amazon but I really should dust off my 3d printer and get back into printing.
2019-3-22
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-22 19:46
Nice! I should see if I could make these out of some kind of rubber or soft plastic. I recently bought some from amazon but I really should dust off my 3d printer and get back into printing.

I got the .stl files off of Makerbot’s Thingiverse site. They worked perfectly, first as well as each & every time (I printed a bunch of them in various colors, all in PLA, some in multiple prints in parallel to save time). The PLA filament is readily available and fits the MA battery absolutely perfectly (other than the tight-tolerance foam pocket cutouts in the case). YMMV, of course!
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ChrisJG Posted at 3-21 10:27
Thank you DJI Tony, my tripod is a Manfrotto and is superb, I'll take a look.

You're most welcome! Please feel free to reach us if you need our assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-24
Use props
Alenthien05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1519580 ft
Malaysia

i put all in 1 on my Lowepro Protactic 450aw bag
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules